Photo

Victory sounds...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Doc_UK

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

Ok, so if i wanted to swap the victory music which files would i look for? I'm hoping i can just use any MP3 of my choice and rename it to the original file and just swap?

#22 Hartley

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:39 PM

Ok, so if i wanted to swap the victory music which files would i look for? I'm hoping i can just use any MP3 of my choice and rename it to the original file and just swap?

That'd be sweet.

#23 Comet

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

Ok, I will attempt this one last time...

Where the frig do I put these files, simply dropping them in my sounds folder does jack shit.

Understood, nothing can be done sever side. Hopefully I can alter my own sounds to my liking...then again I'm not holding my breath.

#24 Why Two Kay

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:48 PM

You *should* be able to alter your own sounds.... and you can. It's just a matter of knowing the proper locations.

Oh, the file structure is already there in the folder. Just place the inside archive in your cstrike folder, meaning that you extract the sounds directory over your current sounds directory.

Or, move the two mp3 files into /sound/ambient/

#25 Comet

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:15 PM

I created a sub folder within my sounds folder called ambient, I then dropped the sounds into it...works great.

Thank you.

#26 Fulcrum

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:15 AM

well, I'm changing my victory music to thunderstuck.

#27 Topher

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:21 AM

I turned mine off a while ago -.-
Way too loud can you just adjust the volume of it?
but I have to keep the Mosh Mosh!

#28 Why Two Kay

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:58 AM

I turned mine off a while ago -.-
Way too loud can you just adjust the volume of it?
but I have to keep the Mosh Mosh!

Can't change the volume, without editing the MP3 and lowering the volume.

#29 Fulcrum

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:38 AM

can someone please find the mosh mosh file so I can make it my computer start up sound?

#30 mike080697

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:50 AM

can someone please find the mosh mosh file so I can make it my computer start up sound?

Oh yeah, that would be great. Now that is something to pause AC/DC for. :lol:

#31 VetteDude

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:21 AM

So what's the exact file you need to drop "ambient" in? DoD's sound file (I don't seem to have one...) or the cstrike one?

#32 Santano

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:14 PM

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\yoursteamaccountnamegoeshere\day of defeat source\dod\sound\ambience
You will have to create ambience.

A few other files that can be changed

Radio Sounds

Game Menu Music

Game Menu Splash Screen

Weapons Sounds. (I replaced my .50 Deagle sound in CSS with a 50 cal sound I found which I beefed up with a sound editor to match my beefier skin. I can post a screenie if anyone likes..its pretty godly.)

Weapons Skins (Perfect if you don't like the default or want a higher res skin. Also works nice for giving the game a new feel.)

Player Skins (I had some good ones for CSS but deleted them)

Gore mod (makes players bleed more. If you look under the CSS gore mods I have the Horror blood mod. This can also make it easier for a new player to see if they hit....but don't count blood as registry <_< )

Flashlight

and more...as I have been saying..www.fpsbanana.com (might have spelled banana wrong..google it) works for all that stuff. :whippingsmiley:

#33 Comet

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

I created a sub folder within my sounds folder called ambient, I then dropped the sounds into it...works great.

Thank you.

One more time...

Damn these brief victory sounds rock. I love how this engine enables you to customize so much, reminds me of Flight Sim.

#34 Hartley

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:18 PM

Me too, but how long will it play?

#35 Why Two Kay

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:55 PM

Me too, but how long will it play?

Until it's over.

#36 Plinko

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:48 PM

I don't understand why you guys like that sound so much...

'Los! Los! Los!' is much cooler, and more rare. Probably because I'm used to 1.6, where all they yell is 'Los! Los! Los!' and 'Go! Go! Go!'

#37 Fulcrum

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

I don't understand why you guys like that sound so much...

'Los! Los! Los!' is much cooler, and more rare. Probably because I'm used to 1.6, where all they yell is 'Los! Los! Los!' and 'Go! Go! Go!'

blame comet

#38 Comet

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

MOSH MOSH...

#39 Fuel §

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

MOSH MOSH...pit

ill try these sounds. hopefully i get them to work...had trouble with CS weapon skins not working..and they still dont <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com