Photo

Steam sucks...

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Noir

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

save your map and folders with custom stuff elsewhere, redownload steam while you sleep and swap the files with all the downloads back in

#22 Stormy{CAN}

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

"Steam is a Steaming pile of sh!t"

Is that why I flat out refuse to ever install it or any game that requires it.

#23 Why Two Kay

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

I still say you're doing something wrong. I've never had any problem at all.

Reinstalling is always a good solution.

#24 Comet

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:51 PM

I am doing nothing wrong. You d/l and install Steam, it's not rocket science. After that you click on the game icon etc...either it launches as it should or it doesn't. You may not have had a problem but thousands have...google says so!

I stumbled upon a posting which I happened to give a try...

http://forums.techgu...-wont-load.html

This person had the exact same problem I do. I deleted Steam and ran a fresh install, same problem once again. I ran FixWareOut and guess what...I'm good to go. I backed up my steamapps folder so I swapped out files, everything appears to be normal now.

So, I was in fact doing nothing wrong, in the end my perseverance paid off.

edit: I may have spoken too soon...back to the drawing board!

edit: I came across an error message...again, this time I knew the fix. Steam created a new edit string so I went into the registry to make the appropriate change.

#25 Fuel §

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:11 PM

Steam has really never given me a problem. I like it. Although I use xfire to connect to 98.9% of my steam games.

Watch I go home now and steam gives me hell.

#26 Comet

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:32 AM

Oh course it's God's gift to gaming when it all runs smoothly but you can't say it hasn't posed many a problem for some. I learned a lot sorting out this mess.

I have it running as it should, so for now I love it... :D

#27 Doc_UK

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

Yey!

#28 demonicwolf

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

i use to have so many problems with steam on my dell i use to use. it was literly a joke. once a week i hadda set down and reinstall steam lol.

if you really want to get drastic go and format. ill put money something fuxkzored in your registry more so if steams geting it.

steam is like a magnet for problems once you get em hammerd out its a god send. id check your memory maybe a stick went to hell in a hin basket... also try deleteing anything and everything related to steam this is very painfull but ive had virus in my steamfolder before (i know it was virous cuse when i opened it, sob prety much blew my hdd.)

my onl addvice is this.

prepare for a long vacation from steam, reformat see if it was indeed a registry issue. delete all files and everything related to steam and reinstall from complete SCRATCH!

#29 Limpnoodle

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:57 AM

I have had steam since the first month or so it came out. I have only had the problem of a game not starting a handful of times and stopping the process in the Task Manager fixed it everytime.

#30 Comet

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:06 AM

Limp, that seems to be a common problem which I had as well, no more however.

Steam is fine, if you don't have issues....some do and some don't. I have it running as it should, its been stable for over a week now and I enjoy the platform to play off of.

I suppose issues will arise the way the Steam system operates, it can be very frustrating when it doesn't operate as it should. For those who have never had an issue consider yourselves lucky, for those who do have issues be patient while taking the time to problem solve, Google is your friend...worked for me.

Thanks Doc for your help, it was concrete advise...not some peanut gallery comment.

#31 Doc_UK

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

NP bro :D

What was the solution BTW?

#32 Comet

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:13 PM

http://www.moongamer...?...st&p=358763

FixWareOut did the trick, something deep within the bowls of my rig must have been causing issues with Steam.

#33 TheL3gend

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:52 PM

Cool! Let's get some games going sometime!

Me + Enforcer got bored yesterday waiting for people... nobody but Ramsey showed. :(

#34 Doc_UK

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

Cool! Let's get some games going sometime!

Me + Enforcer got bored yesterday waiting for people... nobody but Ramsey showed. :(

Perhaps you should change the emphasis of that statement Edward, poor Ramsey might be upset. I'm sure you actually meant to write:

Me + Enforcer got bored yesterday waiting for people... nobody. But Ramsey showed!!! :pinkele: :coo: :pinkele:

#35 TheL3gend

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

Lol, I wwas sad at the fact that Ramsey was the ONLY one to come. But that doesn't take away from how AWESOME he is FOR COMING. :D :cowdance: :pinkele:

#36 mike080697

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

I wanted to join you all last night, but I was getting this error message:

“platform Error : bad module ‘Friends/friendsUI.dll’ ,not loading”

Anyone have any experience with this?

#37 Snake

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

Steam sucks. My computer is working fine now but everytime I install Steam on it then it takes a nose dive. I will never reinstall steam again, I also don't care for all its advertising either.

#38 WTBass

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

Mike, open up your steam console, right click the DoD game, trace down to properties, click the local files tab, then verify integrity of game cache.

That restores everything back to default...so if you have any keyboard mapping that will be back to default too.

I agree...steam really sucks sometimes!

#39 mike080697

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:27 PM

Mike, open up your steam console, right click the DoD game, trace down to properties, click the local files tab, then verify integrity of game cache.

That restores everything back to default...so if you have any keyboard mapping that will be back to default too.

I agree...steam really sucks sometimes!

Thanks Bass! :kiss: I'll try that, hopefully I'll be good to go for Weds.

#40 WTBass

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:07 PM

Steam still sucks....hope it works Mikee...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com