Photo

Interested in trying a new map?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 BuzKill

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:47 AM

well i download it but it want work

What is not working? Did you put the maps in your maps directory of DOD?

Also, I went ahead and added those maps to the BAT menu. They are under Server Commands ( 8)and then the next page (9). It should make it easier to goto those maps.

#22 Comet

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:08 AM

I went into the command prompt screen and typed "admin_map dod_snow_canyon_small_v1"...worked fine.

Thanks Buz.

#23 WTBass

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:54 AM

Strange...yes the map loads with that command Dan...but they are not listed under "maplist". I'll try abbey in a few....

Buz...thanks man...noticed some changes on the text... and yes...I found them in the bat menu..."duh." :)

What admin plug in are we actually running...it ain't mani and it ain't sourcemod....althought SM doe allow the bat menu stuff too....

Curious minds what to know.

Thorny....if you down load the maps and put them in the dod folder where the other maps are...you can play "single" by starting your own server and selecting the map. Boring by yourself but you can learn the map (and find all of Dan's hiding spots!). ;)

thanks again buz.... xxoo

#24 BuzKill

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:25 AM

I can't put the maps on the "Change Map" part of BAT because that puts them in the regular rotation. I can't put the maps in the regular rotation because I can't put the maps on the map server. Anyone who does not already have those maps and tries to connect to the server, will be kicked with a "missing map" error if they are not on the map server.

I did add those maps to the BAT menu under Server Commands. Just bring up your BAT Menu, type 8 for Server Commands, then 9 for Next Page. That is a bit faster than typing that long map name in the console.

The admin tool is called BAT (Basic Admin Tool). Mani is still there and you can still access it but its a bit complicated. Get with me and I will show you how to do it.

Strange...yes the map loads with that command Dan...but they are not listed under "maplist". I'll try abbey in a few....

Buz...thanks man...noticed some changes on the text... and yes...I found them in the bat menu..."duh." :)

What admin plug in are we actually running...it ain't mani and it ain't sourcemod....althought SM doe allow the bat menu stuff too....

Curious minds what to know.

Thorny....if you down load the maps and put them in the dod folder where the other maps are...you can play "single" by starting your own server and selecting the map. Boring by yourself but you can learn the map (and find all of Dan's hiding spots!). ;)

thanks again buz.... xxoo

#25 WTBass

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:30 AM

Roger that...thanks again man. Mamma has me cleaning floors and doing some "winter cleaning" today and she's after me to get started so I'll check for you in TS later today...

Yeah I found the maps on the bat...I'm fairly dysfunctional sometimes....{OTC} you know. I shall take a double dose of Geritol today! :)

thanks cris....

ps any thoughts on sourcemod or does open a can of worms....???

#26 Comet

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

I saw wtbass come into Obi's server while hosting with his off campus tags....hehe!

Well for now the fact I can swap out to that map is great....I enjoy learning new maps.

#27 BuzKill

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:52 PM

I think I have both of those maps working now. If you still have trouble, delete the map files from your computer and try reconnecting. It will automatically get the map from the map server and download it to your local computer.

I also fixed it so you don't have to download a file every time you load salenro. It should only happen one more time, the first time you load it. The next time it loads, it should see that you already have the file and not download it again.

Let me know how it goes,

Kris

#28 Comet

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:56 PM

Thank you Kris.

#29 Comet

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:59 PM

I really enjoyed these maps...

dod_aura: A very well laid out map, not too big or small. Lovely graphics...

Posted Image

dod_copse_b1: Small map set in dense forest...

Posted Image

dod_gg_fanatic_b1: Gun game small fight yard style, intense action...

Posted Image

Perhaps we can load more smaller size maps so those who want to play can even with a low player count. What's great about DoD:S is the ability to play with just a few people...as long as the map isn't too large.

#30 BuzKill

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:58 AM

Comet:

Those maps should be ready to go. I only had a chance to test aura before I had to run to work but I will test the rest when I get home. Even compressed, some of those maps are 18 megs so it may take a bit for it to download if you don't already have them.

On the gungame maps, did you want to run the gungame mod when they load or do you just want to play them normally?

#31 Comet

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:48 AM

I think the mod is kinda cool, a nice change as well. Heck, for the amount some of us will play it why not...variety is the spice of life!

I know the mod was played at CS:S so why not here.

Thanks Kris!

#32 Hartley

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:55 PM

Foresty maps! <3

#33 WTBass

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:04 PM

I love Aura! Real cool small map!

I have access to a couple of gun game maps w/o flags... they are very custom and small...I'll mail them to Kris (am I finally spelling that correctly Buz?) and maybe we can load them up just to see something really different.... ;)

#34 BuzKill

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:25 PM

I love Aura! Real cool small map!

I have access to a couple of gun game maps w/o flags... they are very custom and small...I'll mail them to Kris (am I finally spelling that correctly Buz?) and maybe we can load them up just to see something really different.... ;)

Sounds good..

I also loaded the following since they were part of a map pack that contained dod_gg_fanatic_b1.bsp:

dod_copse_b1.bsp
dod_gg_ancient_b1.bsp
dod_gg_bull_b1.bsp
dod_gg_fanatic_b1.bsp
dod_gg_toil_b1.bsp
dod_gg_wasp_b1.bsp

Let me know if you find anymore gems.

Comet: Are those your screen shots? I just noticed the HUD. Mind sharing where you got those?

#35 Comet

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

Yes those are screenies I took. It's a small hud, takes up less real estate...I love it.

Custom Library sticky post area of DoD:S forum...

http://www.moongamer...?...st&p=323563

It's called: insane_small_hud_v7.zip

I got that hud from this site...

http://dodbits.com/

...lots of neat stuff :)

Thanks for loading up all the maps Kris!

#36 Fulcrum

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

I'll DL those maps now, if anyone wants to test them out I'll be in TS

#37 Comet

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:10 AM

Can we have dod_kalt@night_b2 loaded up please...

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/42488

#38 Comet

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

Argentan by night...wow!

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/43575

#39 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:48 AM

i can provide a list of very good maps i have played on a english server i frequent, the server plays lots of different maps so will be quite the list :P

#40 BuzKill

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:29 AM

Sorry Comet, I must of missed this thread in Jan 2nd. I will try to get those two maps up tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com