Custom Map Testing Night

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Lin

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

Links for these please?

#22 Lin

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

Got 'em and they're on the fast download server, the custom maps server, our Downloads section, and we should be able to access them to play them. :)

#23 SabaHell

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

Ill join in on it and give opinions on the maps as well.

#24 Lin

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

We did this on the fly last Thursday night and had a real blast! Some of the maps were not well liked, but most were well received and we will be running them alongside our stock list.

We'll be doing it again this coming Thursday, most likely in the Mostly Stock maps (main) server. Come join us!

#25 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

With these new maps. Could this be the reason when I attempt to start up the game. Steam just sits and is updating?
There are times I try to play. All it does is update. I am talking 4-6 minutes. I get tired of waiting so I just cancel and quit.But, when I finally get back to desktop (which takes a while) steam seems to be running still and it really slows my puter so badly I have to shut the tower off. Because I cannot do anything else.
Any of this make sense?

#26 Monkey

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

With these new maps. Could this be the reason when I attempt to start up the game. Steam just sits and is updating?
There are times I try to play. All it does is update. I am talking 4-6 minutes. I get tired of waiting so I just cancel and quit.But, when I finally get back to desktop (which takes a while) steam seems to be running still and it really slows my puter so badly I have to shut the tower off. Because I cannot do anything else.
Any of this make sense?

The new maps should only cause you to not load into the server as fast for the first time you go in when a new map is run that you have not played before.

Are you seeming to "hang" when loading into the server? If so just give it some time it will load the map for you. There are times mine seems to not like getting a new map now and then and it takes a long time but does come in. Then there are times is loads up in 2 minutes. I guess this depends on map size and other variables.

If you are referring to game updates themselves... thats Valve/Steam passing you updates and normally just waiting for it to finish and either prompt for a Steam restart or it will simply not say anything other than update done and you can go right in game.

#27 Lin

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

We were playing a custom map when you were trying to load in. Unlike Battlefield where you have to go get the new map and load it before you can play it, Steam does this for you automatically the first time you try to play the map.

#28 Enforcer

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:19 AM

Which is good and bad..nothing you have to do to get the new map, and it will be placed in the right folder and all, however, if you have not played the map before, it will take some time while you download the map at the onset. But, thereafter, the map will load normally. I had to wait several minutes last week at the beginning of each map for my machine to download the new map.

A 4-6 update upon opening steam may be a steam or game update. Same principle, but to another part of the process. Either way though, there is going to be a download time.

#29 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

When other players customize their game, does that effect my game?

#30 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:44 AM

When other players customize their game, does that effect my game?

i presume u mean stuff like customising their rifles ect?
if so then no, that only effects how they see things on the game, for instance, if i changed my Garand into a Lee Henry Enfield rifle, you would still see me holding a garand but from my view it would be a Enfield rifle

#31 Comet

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Basically you see what you have, I see what I have.

We have taken great time in putting together a Maps Download section where by all you have to do is download the file, open the .zip, and drag the file into your maps folder. The reason this was created was for your convenience, instead of waiting for Steam to download the map while in game you can get the map yourself.

Maps are put in your Steam maps folder, open your Program Folder and follow this path. Maps are a .bsp file.

Steam\steamapps\ACCOUNTNAME\day of defeat source\dod\maps

Try the process, download a map from the d/l section and install it in your maps folder. Once there start up DoD:S, on the main screen select Create Server, from there you can select the map you just installed by looking for the name of the map. In so doing you will also familiarize yourself with the new map, this can all be done at your own pace when ever you have time to do so.

If you have an older computer and prefer not to wait for Steam to d/l then I suggest what I've posted, it's convenient and fast. If you choose to let Steam install maps automatically only the largest of files should take time, be patient. Once again we have provided the convenience of faster d/l times by bzipping the map file. Most maps will d/l and install automatically within a short period of time.

We're here to serve you... :)

#32 pamela100383

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

Definatly sign me up.

#33 Comet

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:40 PM

Would like to test this map...

summer_bridge_way_6

A large open map with a very tall bridge in the middle. Definitely a rifle map but you do have to penetrate the opposite side of map to capture a flag.

Attached Files

#34 gensolo

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

If only I didn't have school on Thursdays :(. I'd love to play that map...

#35 Comet

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:19 AM

It will get added to rotation, we'll play it at some point...

#36 blancrou

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

Cool, it looks nice :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com