Photo

Strand...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

Today Langley mentioned he found a custom map he really liked, it's called Strand, the latest version of dod_Charlie. It's an objectives map of Omaha Beach-Charlie Sector. The download can be found here...

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/16085

This is the nicest Omaha Beach I've come across as of yet. I have taken several images for your viewing pleasure...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img341.images...49999526ka7.jpg

http://img61.imagesh...50684291ql9.jpg

http://img85.imagesh...40122338ub5.jpg

Please take the time to d/l and install this map, check it out for yourselves. I would like very much to play this map on perhaps a designated map night of our choosing. Let me know what you all think.

#2 JJ

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

I have played this map several times. If it is a heavily populated server and the players have skills then it is awesome. It makes BF look weak. The Allies are just completely pinned down because the bunkers are so close to the shoreline...If you are an Omaha player PLAY THIS MAP !!!!

#3 WTBass

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:34 PM

Downloading now! W00T! Where do I put it (on my PC's hard drive...)

I hate reading directions!

#4 Why Two Kay

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:39 PM

Installed on server.

Name: dod_strand_rc1
Size: 17mb

#5 AnonymousFlash

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:49 PM

Cool.

Do I just drop the .bsp into my maps folder?

#6 Comet

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:59 PM

yes

#7 Langley

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

Downloading now! W00T! Where do I put it (on my PC's hard drive...)

I hate reading directions!

Paste here

\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\yourusername\day of defeat source\dod\maps

I envision nightmares of mg42 fire from the pillboxes. Unlike bf we will see the devestating power of this gun. Keep your heads down and actions clear, I'll see you on the beach. The axis have static motar positions as well that you can fire onto the beach.

Attached Files

#8 Comet

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:04 PM

I like how this server has their logo suspended in mid air...

Posted Image

I've seen this add-on out of game, this server has..dead cows! When you approach them you here flies buzzing around...lol. I don't think our own Cow would think much of that.

Posted Image

Maybe we can edit our maps too...

#9 WTBass

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:10 PM

Thanks man! :)

#10 Lin

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:23 PM

I thought we have the maps on the file server to download for those joining, who don't have the maps?

#11 Why Two Kay

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:37 PM

I thought we have the maps on the file server to download for those joining, who don't have the maps?

I put them on.

#12 Darkwing_X

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:11 AM

Anyone saying this is axis sided may not be entirely correct, thiers too many openings, allied sniper coverage ect. I'd say its more allied sided.

#13 Comet

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:18 AM

I say it's a nice change of pace. I like the objective style of game play, the map is awesome. Combine the two with a decent population of players and I think it would be a lot of fun.

edit: I forgot to mention, thanks for loading it up Ryan and great find Obi!

#14 WTBass

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:28 AM

Anyone saying this is axis sided may not be entirely correct, thiers too many openings, allied sniper coverage ect. I'd say its more allied sided.

You are right man...especially with me on Axis lost as hell in the tunnels...If it wasn't for Paddleball, I think I would still be in the elevator trying to figure shit out!

The map is really cool though...watch out when I finally learn it.... thanks for loading it up lastnight Ryan!

#15 Santano

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:20 PM

If that is the map I think it is, when the allies spawn camp is sux0rs

I like how this server has their logo suspended in mid air...

Posted Image

I've seen this add-on out of game, this server has..dead cows! When you approach them you here flies buzzing around...lol. I don't think our own Cow would think much of that.

Posted Image

Maybe we can edit our maps too...

Look on FPS banana for serverside mods for DOD:S

#16 Langley

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:06 AM

This map is awesome. We had around 14-16 players last night and after the first round Axis hunckerd down and made it a difficult task to storm the beach. I wish I had filmed some stuf, especially when some planted the charges and didn't get clear of the blast area :D.

#17 KILLER BOB

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:29 AM

This map is awesome. We had around 14-16 players last night and after the first round Axis hunckerd down and made it a difficult task to storm the beach. I wish I had filmed some stuf, especially when some planted the charges and didn't get clear of the blast area :D.

Well, looks like we're just going to have to play again, aren't we? :D

#18 pest control

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:31 AM

i luv this map, it took me all the round, just before the map change to find out that you need to press E to plant explosives, but it was fun. got to beat up few people :P

#19 WTBass

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:17 AM

I have played a dod_omaha_v32 map over the weekend. It appears to be a mod of strand and has the axis bunkers which are spawn points and the bunker area is very small. There are objectives (flags), in close by the bunkers and a couple on the beach (axis and allies) respectively. There are no objectives to blow up... just flags, the axis flags require two or three to cap the flag...and the action is tight. Also, the axis can run the beach if you can make it out there to fight (sniper/MG revenge) and cap flag. A tunnel connects two of the axis spawn points. Takes a lot of team work to work it out right.

Just rambling...don't know if anyone else would be interested...but a fun map! :)

#20 Comet

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:17 AM

Please post a link to its d/l in the sticky section, I would like to check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com