Photo

Map rotation...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

Thank you for trying some new maps last night, I really enjoyed dod_strand and dod_colmar. These detonation style maps are a pleasant change from the area caption style maps.

May I make a suggestion...

Lets create a rotation we can implement on our server, a mix of various maps including caption and detonation styles.

example...

dod_avalanche - Area Capture
dod_colmar - Detonation
dod_flash (or dod_koln) - Area Capture
dod_strand - Detonation

If we can offer a unique rotation we may draw in new members. Not sure what capture maps we all enjoy, I listed flash/koln because they're smaller maps we seem to like, it never takes long to get back into the action!

By the way, were close to $100 in donations this month, not bad for a server we're just getting off the ground. Lets keep going!

MG DoD:S FTW!

#2 Why Two Kay

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:40 PM

If I had to pick one non-avalanche/flash map that's stock, I would choose dod_kalt, since I find it not too large, yet not too small. Plus it has many paths yet still has chokepoints. A good map in my opinion.

#3 Langley

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:27 PM

I'd really like to keep argentan in the rotation.

#4 Comet

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:23 AM

Little feedback from the community on this subject, I guess whats being offered is doing it for you all. Myself, I would like to offer more of what DoD:S has to offer.

If you had 7 maps to put into a rotation what would you offer, here's my selection...

dod_kalt: a good starter map, winter scene with tunnels
dod_flash: smaller map, close quarters action
dod_avalanche: the day map, a popular choice that draws in players
dod_colmar: an objectives map at night
dod_argenten: smaller map, always action packed
dod_foxhunt_source: an arena map dod_foxhunt_source
dod_avalanche: the new night time version dod_avalanche night

If we have a large server population I would suggest dod_strand as an alternate that can be subbed in, if we have a small population dod_fullhouse dod_fullhouse

This rotation offers a mix of classic official maps varying in size along with a mix of custom maps. Nothing cast in stone.

So....what ya got?

Posted Image dod_foxhunt_source

#5 Limpnoodle

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:00 AM

I got to play some over the weekend at odd hours, moon was empty so I tried these horrible things called "other servers".

I found one playing a 24/7 map called dod_strand_cr (the SS looks the same as the ones in dod_strand, but I swear it had two letters at the end, I am pretty sure _cr). It was ALOT of fun, about 25-30 people in the server, and they limited the amount of people who could be sniper, assault, etc. I think it was SniperX2 AssaultX4 and they others were like 6 and 8 each. Too many snipers on that map would be horrible.

#6 WTBass

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:14 AM

©omet the rotation looks great to me. I, like Limp went to some other place...far far away this weekend. But one server has a fairly full map rotation and we ended up on an Omaha map, it was similar to strand (basic layout of Axis side) but I swear the beach was open (you could get to the beach as an Axis) and actually go sniper hunting! I'll check it out later in the week (this evening) and get the name...I know I didn't have it because it was a large download and it took a few minutes to download...plus I must say they liked me there....(I was really easy to kill).

#7 Doc_UK

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:29 AM

How about Anzio? I played it on a Euro server and it was cool. Lots of narrow streets and beautiful map detail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Catfish

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:41 AM

I really enjoyed the rotation last night, and I'd be willing to try foxhunt as well. Strand is great, colmar is great, I also really enjoyed the objective style with the allies defending the 3 positions...

#9 Comet

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

Doc, we have tried Anzio. For some reason it just doesn't keep the players, I'm not sure why...I don't mind playing it.

Agreed Seth, both dod_colmar and jagd are fun alternative maps/styles to play...definitely a rotation candidate.

An arena map is a must as well. Getting away from the era of WWII to play a tight custom arena map is not only a lot of fun but something to take advantage of. Lets try a few of these, don't knock it till you try it!

#10 mike080697

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:40 PM

I really enjoyed the rotation last night, and I'd be willing to try foxhunt as well. Strand is great, colmar is great, I also really enjoyed the objective style with the allies defending the 3 positions...

I agree, last night's rotation was fun and I noticed I'm finally ranked, (page 10, 729 out of 730 players). :whippingsmiley:

#11 Fulcrum

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:45 PM

:lol2: , congrats mike

#12 Why Two Kay

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:56 PM

Anzio is boring, and most players agree.

#13 Langley

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

dod_kalt: a good starter map, winter scene with tunnels
dod_flash: smaller map, close quarters action
dod_avalanche: the day map, a popular choice that draws in players
dod_colmar: an objectives map at night
dod_argenten: smaller map, always action packed
dod_foxhunt_source: an arena map dod_foxhunt_source
dod_avalanche: the new night time version dod_avalanche night

I like this as a regular rotation. For Sunday's I'd like to see this rotation with these added:

Strand of course :D, Jagd, Fullhouse, Donner and maybe Orange Tower.

#14 Comet

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:27 AM

OMG... orange_tower was a hoot. The tower is so tall when you fall it feels kind of weird as the ground rushes towards you...that tickly feeling in your tummy. Me and Langley took turns killing each other and taking face plants from nose bleed country. We both shared quite a laugh when Langley made the first high dive, we had no idea some areas around the tower are open to water. Langley entered the water at warp 8, a perfect entry...the judges went wild! Later on I tried to see how far out I could land from the tower...holy crap what distance!

Langley, I was able to make my router settings stick. I'll be able to host now, we'll keep testing maps. Thanks for the help!

#15 Fulcrum

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:38 AM

how about rockets on top of the tower :D

#16 Comet

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:11 AM

Actually firing zooks up to the top of the tower was how we were going at it. I made a few more jumps last night...I think I have set a record that will be tough to beat.

#17 Hartley

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:05 PM

Anzio is boring, and most players agree.

Amen.

Id say...

Avalanche
Strand
Flash
Kolmar
That Train Station

#18 Limpnoodle

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:07 AM

I found one playing a 24/7 map called dod_strand_cr (the SS looks the same as the ones in dod_strand, but I swear it had two letters at the end, I am pretty sure _cr).

Played again last night, it was either _cr1 or _rc1. I made it a point to remember, then I forgot :(

Anyway's, they run a 24/7 server and everytime I have logged in they have 20 people in it.

#19 Comet

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:24 AM

Thank you Noir for putting dod_foxhunt_source on last night, it appeared we all had a good time playing it. Of all the maps I've played it was the most difficult to cap, you completely rely on teamwork.

Looks like my in game admin ability has been granted, thank you.

#20 Hartley

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:33 AM

Thank you Noir for putting dod_foxhunt_source on last night, it appeared we all had a good time playing it. Of all the maps I've played it was the most difficult to cap, you completely rely on teamwork.

Looks like my in game admin ability has been granted, thank you.

Foxhunt was pretty sick. We should play it more often. The cross sniping was great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com