Photo

What pack do you use?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 VetteDude

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

I'd really like to get good on one pack as opposed to going "Jack of all trades, master of none" on all of them. I had previously been just hitting "Random" to try out all of them evenly, but today I decided to narrow it down a bit and mostly used the zook and smg kits. I like the zook one a lot, but my skill is a bit lacking in close-range fights. SMG is obviously better at that, but at the sacrifice of long-range ability to pick off machineguns and snipers.

#2 WTBass

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

I seem to fancy the MP40. I always auto on teams and lately I'm ending up on the allied and I find myself struggling with the Thompson. I still forget to punch and seem to draw the pistol instead and get killed more often than not at close range. Hell, Noir and I shot at each other for seemed like 5 minutes the other night by the fountain! :D (She finally shot me!).

#3 Why Two Kay

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:09 PM

I am always Allied, I don't know why, I just am. According to my stats I have been on axis zero times that they have won. I have been allied 39 times of the 40 they have won (or something like that), only because I got stuck on axis.

That's why I play everything but support. I prefer Sniper and Thompson over others, depending on map. Avalanche/Kalt is my sniper heaven.

#4 Comet

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:40 AM

I like Assault, then again it has been bred into me.

#5 Langley

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:01 AM

Assault all the way. If am Allied and on the beach in Strand I always start as a rifleman to give me a better chance of getting through the mg and sniper fire.

Mosh Mosh!

#6 Santano

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:21 AM

Hands down best gun in the game is the KAR-98 unscoped (Axis Rfileman). One hit kill anywhere but the lower leg/foot/hand? Yes, please.

However, you will find it takes a little more practice then a SMG or Assault Rfile to use.

You really need to actually stop moving right before the shot or you will probally miss.

The M1Garand sucks though. I much prefer the M1Carbine/Zook for the Allies, but then again I would rather play Axis for the KAR-98. (I'll pick it up if I see one and I am on allies, they seem to be pretty commenly used on populated servers)

#7 Plinko

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:36 PM

I'm almost always a rifleman. What Santano said is true, the K-98 is the shit. I also like the MP-40, so if rifle isn't working, I switch. As for allies, M1 Garand is supposed to be the gun that won the war, but it only does 80 dmg with a shot to the chest from 2 ft away. I like the BAR a little better, even if it is a beast of a gun to control.

#8 Bacon

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:54 PM

I like the big boom.

Yeah I am almost always rocket unless my team really needs help then I switch to mg.

#9 Hartley

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:00 PM

I love to play Support. Ill also play Assault though.

#10 Dark Lancer

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:44 PM

I play Assault usually, or sniper occasionally, I get killed no matter what kit i play, :whippingsmiley:

#11 bondmaster

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

I always play axis and I love the machine gunner position

Matt

#12 OsamaBinTweak

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:04 AM

bazooka whore to the max!!!
i get enjoyment outta killing comet with it :)

I like the big boom.

Yeah I am almost always rocket unless my team really needs help then I switch to mg.

same here.

#13 Fulcrum

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

I usually play rifleman, assault or support however, if I really want my team to loose, i'll play sniper.

#14 Lin

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:28 PM

I've been trying different packs. I like the bar, and tried the machine gun tonight and like that too. I haven't had a chance to play the sniper pack. I suck at the K98...I can't get that one shot kill yet.

I'll keep trying more packs.

#15 Topher

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:31 AM

I'm all for the Tommy, but I have to get a new strategy... If anyones ever played with me in BF i'll dive on te ground and shoot you.....:\
You can't get up as quickly, and I think that sucks :P

#16 Fulcrum

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:18 AM

I've been trying different packs. I like the bar, and tried the machine gun tonight and like that too. I haven't had a chance to play the sniper pack. I suck at the K98...I can't get that one shot kill yet.

I'll keep trying more packs.

Because of lin, I now love sniping. Its so fun sniping core and Sr.s :whippingsmiley:

#17 Santano

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

I suck at the K98...I can't get that one shot kill yet.

Probally cause you missed them :whippingsmiley:

Try crouching and doing sidestepping. Stop sidestepping when you want to fire. Aim for upper body. Takes a little practice but it isn't too hard.

#18 Plinko

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:17 PM

I was trying out sniper last night. That is great. It would be a little easier if it scoped quicker, but this isn't css, so I'll allow it. I was having a blast sniping people on Avalanche.

#19 Santano

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:22 PM

STG-44 makes a amazing substitute for a sniper rifle when it is on single shot. But..the downside is you gotta be prone and it usually 2-3 shots them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com