Photo

Mostly Strand

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Noir

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

we are starting to build up a reg base, jefe, dexter, guatemala and like about 10 others i keep see returning to our severs, we need to work on getting them in more, along with more peoples

#22 BuzKill

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

If we had a "Mostly Server" is it possible to set it up so everybody swaps sides automatically at the end of a round? Sort of like BF...

I know in the Ohama Beach style map, its really tough being Allies each time. It would also give other people a chance to grab their favorite weapon if they are quick enough.

/My two cents

#23 mike080697

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:20 PM

For what it's worth, I thought I would offer the perspective of a new DoD:S player and Moongamer. My understanding from reading this is that a larger server population is desired. I think that will probably take care of itself in time. A few times only my son and I would be on the server, and within half an hour there would be six or more. I've noticed people whose names I don't recognize many times. Most aren't on teamspeak. If we make them feel welcome, like on chat mode, I think they will return to the server.

I only started playing DoD:S in the last month (I won a copy here, HeHe, thanks). I already had a copy but, never really played. I am also new to Moongamers in general. I only play on Moongamers servers. Why? It's not really the maps. Hell, I play like crap on most of them anyway. It's the community. Sure, some will come for a particular map. They will probably return if they like the atmosphere.

When I first got BF2 in December, I played on a different server. It had a low population and I could really get some high scores, armor whore etc.. I really like it. I joined their forum and made a donation. After my 1st post, they said something rude Like "who the hell are you?" <_< and I never returned.

And, I may be out of line here but, Limpnoodle, when I see Game Admin CS:S or BF, it means donator to me.

My 2 cents. :D

#24 WTBass

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:01 PM

For what it's worth, I thought I would offer the perspective of a new DoD:S player and Moongamer. My understanding from reading this is that a larger server population is desired. I think that will probably take care of itself in time. A few times only my son and I would be on the server, and within half an hour there would be six or more. I've noticed people whose names I don't recognize many times. Most aren't on teamspeak. If we make them feel welcome, like on chat mode, I think they will return to the server.

I only started playing DoD:S in the last month (I won a copy here, HeHe, thanks). I already had a copy but, never really played. I am also new to Moongamers in general. I only play on Moongamers servers. Why? It's not really the maps. Hell, I play like crap on most of them anyway. It's the community. Sure, some will come for a particular map. They will probably return if they like the atmosphere.

When I first got BF2 in December, I played on a different server. It had a low population and I could really get some high scores, armor whore etc.. I really like it. I joined their forum and made a donation. After my 1st post, they said something rude Like "who the hell are you?" <_< and I never returned.

Mike you rock man...good stuff. I'm like you...I really suck at the game but have a blast...and it is mainly about the community. Your idea regarding chat talk and welcomes is right on and we all should make an effort to do so. I know I miss out on the chat because I'm generally dead... :) But you are right on man...I see the numbers increasing a bit just from my observations and I really think we will be big one day in DoD:S and hopefully we can have a mostly server too...one day!

And by the way...has Bluestar been grounded yet for killing me all the time!!! :D Seriously...you and your son are a blast to battle with and I'm glad you guys are here!

#25 No One

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:56 AM

Here is my perspective.

Being an avid DOD player for many many years I stay away from servers that only play one map. 24/7 "Insert your map name here" gets old after a while. It may not be old in a week, two weeks, or a month.... but eventually you will get tired of it. Thats why I think you guys hit it on the head with the mostly BF1942 servers. I love Omaha on the BF servers and the occasional foray into different maps provides a nice break. Whether or not this "mostly" idea would work in DOD:S I don't know. I do know there are a fair number of 24/7 DOD:S servers out there already.

There are plug-ins for DOD servers that would allow map voting for the people on the server. If you wanted to set it up you could make sure it defaults to a specific map if the server is empty and always has a specific map, such as strand, in the voting. That way if people wanted to stay on a certain map the majority rules. Of course this could backfire as well and you might loose people if it votes to a different map. On the other hand you could not have voting until X number of people were on the server so the default map would bring them in and then hopefully they would see what a great place to play this is and stay on for a change of pace if the map changed.

From my perspective I agree with Mike080697. Its about the community. There are some people who bounce from server to server looking for certain maps but I would guess the majority are looking for a good community to enjoy a little down time with. The problem is you have to get them here to realize you have a great community of people here. What it takes to get people onto a server or to switch to a different server I would guess is about as individual as the persons themselves but I really don't know.

Just my .02 worth. :pinkele:

#26 Fulcrum

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

And by the way...has Bluestar been grounded yet for killing me all the time!!! :D Seriously...you and your son are a blast to battle with and I'm glad you guys are here!

his bed time should be 7:30, right before we start to play :P

#27 Comet

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:26 PM

Great input Mike and No One.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com