Photo

Anyone know what happened to Psychostats?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

Anybody?

#2 Fulcrum

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

from what I've heard
something that someone did with the servers is bugging it...

#3 AnonymousFlash

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:59 PM

The file server is currently having issues. Lin said it should be fixed by the end of the weekend.

#4 Why Two Kay

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

The databases got lost too, since they were not there when I lost access.

#5 AnonymousFlash

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

So......stats are wiped?

#6 Catfish

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:21 PM

What happened to them?

#7 AnonymousFlash

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:27 PM

The databases got lost too, since they were not there when I lost access.

I don't know much about server stuff, but that sounds like stats have been reset if the databases got lost.

Edit: Oh Catfish, were you talking about what happened to the databases?

#8 Why Two Kay

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:43 PM

What happened to them?

Magically disappeared. I lost my 1942 hash database too... over 7000 names!

#9 Lin

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

That box had been badly hacked and is being replaced. Neither Silver nor myself deleted any databases; however, I do not know if the information from the old box will be available or recoverable.

#10 Fulcrum

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:49 PM

so, new IPs?

#11 Why Two Kay

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:32 PM

so, new IPs?

Oh I hope not....

#12 Silverhawk

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

interesting thing I backed up the stats before we got hacked and the backup was very interesting indeed. Someone with box access deleted certain tables and then swapped several file names so that psychostats would not work. I actually watched someone with box access open the directories and delete files. I wasn't too worried since I had a backup of the directories I just wanted to see what the person was doing. The fileserver is on a new box, the psychostats are updated to the latest version, the awards were inported and then all the old logs to current reparsed. I will be doing more work on the box reguarding psychostats please read the psychostats post for further info.

#13 Lin

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

Did you happen to catch the VNC IP of the one who was sabotaging the CSS and DoDS stats?

#14 WTBass

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:55 AM

Did you happen to catch the VNC IP of the one who was sabotaging the CSS and DoDS stats?

Someone with granted (and trusted) access did this? Unbelievable! I'm slowly losing faith in people around here... a major example should be made if we know the culprit. I'm so pissed off I could... sorry, I can't say that here.

:angry:

#15 Fulcrum

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:26 AM

you're joking right...

#16 Lin

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:16 AM

Someone with granted (and trusted) access did this? Unbelievable! I'm slowly losing faith in people around here... a major example should be made if we know the culprit. I'm so pissed off I could... sorry, I can't say that here.

:angry:

This was not done by the hackers that had been in the box for months and were finally caught, leading us to replace the box. They did not mess with any of our files because they did not want to be caught. They also would not mess with those very specific files. They were not members or players and had no interest in sabotaging anything of ours.

#17 Comet

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

Sad, very sad. I wonder if the person who did this has the nut sack to come forward and explain why trust was broken.

Tim, don't let one individual generalize your opinion of us...we have good people here.

#18 Hartley

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:19 AM

Sad, very sad. I wonder if the person who did this has the nut sack to come forward and explain why trust was broken.

Tim, don't let one individual generalize your opinion of us...we have good people here.

We do have great people here, but I agree with Bass, an example should be made.

#19 WTBass

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:40 AM

Oh I never would Dan...just a rant! I'm here because of the members...and a couple of games!

It's hot, and I'm so sick of hackers, babies, and attitudes! I think I need a glass of wine over a candle light dinner with the Mrs. tonight! :)

#20 mike080697

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:51 PM

Oh I never would Dan...just a rant! I'm here because of the members...and a couple of games!

It's hot, and I'm so sick of hackers, babies, and attitudes! I think I need a glass of wine over a candle light dinner with the Mrs. tonight! :)

:withstup:

Tim, if the Mrs. is busy, I'm available :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com