Photo

Day of Defeat Video

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Catfish

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:32 AM

I took video of us playing last night and edited it together... I think it turned out pretty well for my first try. The only thing I'm disappointed by is that the youtube screen is so small you can't read the names, and after it's been through the compressor it isn't very clear. Still, it's a fun glimpse at Sunday DoD:S night. I'll try and see if I can figure out a better way to render it.

There are a few parts I would have liked to do better, but what fun would it be if there was no room for improvement.

Langley, your videos turned out a lot clearer, I'd like to know what technique you use, or do you have real software like Adobe Premiere?

Enough vamping, here it is:

#2 WTBass

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:10 AM

Great stuff Seth! Mosh Mosh! :)

I ain't gotta clue about vidia editin (in my best hank hill voice)....

#3 BuzKill

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:46 AM

Great stuff Seth! Mosh Mosh! :)

I ain't gotta clue about vidia editin (in my best hank hill voice)....

Ha, My g/f makes me say "Vidia Game" at least once a week.

#4 Plinko

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:06 AM

Nice video.

Is it just me, or are there no crosshairs? I don't think I could ever play like that, unless I put a dot in the middle of my screen.

#5 Fulcrum

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

Nice video.

Is it just me, or are there no crosshairs? I don't think I could ever play like that, unless I put a dot in the middle of my screen.

I think he might be one of the guys who has that custom crosshairs thing
which shows a little dot instead of the default

#6 Catfish

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

Fulcrum is right, I've just got a dot for my cross hairs although you can't really see it because of the compression. I'll upload a bigger version tonight for anyone who wants to see the "director's cut". ;)

#7 Chernenkov

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:42 AM

OoOo

Does it come with a special cover and packaging?

#8 WTBass

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:42 PM

Yay...director's cut! I use a very small circle for my crosshair...

#9 Doc_UK

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

Sweet!

What action :cowdance:

#10 Langley

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

I took video of us playing last night and edited it together... I think it turned out pretty well for my first try. The only thing I'm disappointed by is that the youtube screen is so small you can't read the names, and after it's been through the compressor it isn't very clear. Still, it's a fun glimpse at Sunday DoD:S night. I'll try and see if I can figure out a better way to render it.

There are a few parts I would have liked to do better, but what fun would it be if there was no room for improvement.

Langley, your videos turned out a lot clearer, I'd like to know what technique you use, or do you have real software like Adobe Premiere?

Enough vamping, here it is:

I have Premier but I used Winmpg (http://www.winmpg.com) and converted to mpeg 1.

#11 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

where are all the times i killed u????

haxer

#12 Langley

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:41 PM

I caught Noir's two for last night on Flash. People were freaked out because she had a kill then got the two for and it really looked like a three for. I also caught Comet's nade toss that took out that mg camping the Axis spawn. What an arm. I'll convert and post soon.

#13 Catfish

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:48 PM

I caught Noir's two for last night on Flash. People were freaked out because she had a kill then got the two for and it really looked like a three for. I also caught Comet's nade toss that took out that mg camping the Axis spawn. What an arm. I'll convert and post soon.

Yep, I was the first kill, I had a nice view of the second shot from the ground. :-p

where are all the times i killed u????haxer

There's at least one of you killing me in there, when the bigger version is up you can see the names. I had to put in a few deaths else it was starting to look like a greatest hits reel, lol.

I put the full version here - plenty of bandwidth so if you feel like downloading 170 MB wear it out.

#14 Fulcrum

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

now I feel like making a video
but then I have to uninstall my wall hax
so I guess it isn't worth it
:P

================

DL'd the video but it wont play
tried Real player and WMV...
I'll try quicktime now...

edit: nope that didnt work either

#15 Comet

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

I love these productions, please keep them coming.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

"WHAT ACTION"...

#16 Catfish

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:40 PM

I had to resume the upload so that may have ruined the video. I'll fix it tomorrow.

Edit: fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com