Photo

Seeding server...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:06 AM

Please try to seed the server when time permits. Even if you only have 5-10 mins it's well worth the effort. Sign into your friends and typically it isn't long before players join in. The server has been dead the past two nights, during our normally peak hours.

Do what you can, much appreciated.

Thank you...

#2 Redshirt

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

Roger that Comet,

I shall do what I can,

If I do it twice it shall be a can-can! :pinkele:

(Ba-dum-dum..., don't worry folks I'll be here all week!)

#3 Lin

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

I'm installing new outlets in my room today so I'll be offline for a bit, but when I come back on I'll come into DoD for a bit!

#4 Section8

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Roger that Comet,

I shall do what I can,

If I do it twice it shall be a can-can! :pinkele:

(Ba-dum-dum..., don't worry folks I'll be here all week!)

:door: :wasnt-me:

Good luck. Will be on for a bit tonight.

#5 ThorneLass

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

I will try and do what i can too

#6 ThorneLass

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

hi guys ill be on sometime today for a game or two has got day off has been on night

#7 Foggy Bottom

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

I have been out of commission for the past couple of days. Compy is in the garage and it is 50 degrees in there. No heater. I should be on tonight though with gloves on. Cya tonight!

Foggy

#8 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

I enjoy this game WHEN I can get in and play. I seem to have very little lag. BUT !!!!!!!This Steam updating stuff is very FRUSTRATING. I tryed to get into game last night Steam just hung there and was checking for updates.
After 4-5 minutes I just shut it down because it didn't seem to be making any progress. Is this normal? I got onto the server last weekend no problem.
I seldom get upset, but when Steam does this I feel my veins in my neck bulging. :wasnt-me:

#9 Comet

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

YES..it's normal. Next time have PATIENCE!. It will load Harry, if you have an older computer and or a slow connection it will take longer.

Don't get angry at gaming, don't get angry at updating.:)

#10 spareclip

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

I'll be on today as well....how could I miss shooting, knifing, shoveling, fragging....and generally pissing off and frustrating you all.. :pokey: see you in game!

#11 Comet

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

Thank you everyone...

#12 Redshirt

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

If it's any consolation Harry (and it probably isn't) the last steam/DOD update has had my ping at 600-1000 the last few days. This has happened to me before and will happen again but Comet's advice is sound, be patient. They eventually work these things out.

I'll seed when I'm not reacting 1 second behind everyone.

#13 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

usually if i hear there is going to be a update happening i leave my puter on over night to complete the download so it wont effect my gaming to much :)

#14 Lin

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

Just to be clear, do you have to leave it signed into Steam for the updates to occur automagically? And then, the magic question is, will it update Steam AND Day of Defeat Source?

#15 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

Just to be clear, do you have to leave it signed into Steam for the updates to occur automagically? And then, the magic question is, will it update Steam AND Day of Defeat Source?

yeah i leave my steam on overnight and it will update steam itself or DoDs or which ever Steam game needs updating. just needs a quick restart in the morning to check it's installed and working properly

usually get mine to give the whole computer a nice slow scan at the same time :P

#16 ThorneLass

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

I will be on tonight guys if anyone is up for a game will b gmt time for me has got night of work.

#17 Scuba Steve

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

Heck this past wensday me and stahlman seeded and we got a full server after 20 min

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com