Photo

3rd map

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Wasabi®

Posted 07 July 2020 - 12:42 PM

What should the 3rd map in rotation be and why? 

Why do 50-70% of the players disconnect after Bocage no matter what the 3rd map is (So far, tried: Battleaxe, Kharkov, Wake, Iwo Jima, Midway, Caen, and others)?

#2 Capn Cackler

Posted 07 July 2020 - 03:14 PM

Maybe a possible option would be to move market to third and try a different map in second. Just a thought

#3 BrEEd

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

Berlin. TDM. No fall damage. Submarines.

• Capn Cackler likes this

#4 BrEEd

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:35 PM

Berlin. TDM. No fall damage. Submarines.

I'm not sure how to edit my post now, but I think this will draw people in because it's just familiar enough for people to feel comfortable but just different enough to spark curiosity and intrigue. We can play to people's wants and needs.

In all seriousness though, what's the full rotation? Although the next map could be key, perhaps it's worth considering revisiting the order?

#5 Wasabi®

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:55 PM

Issue with TDM is it shares the score limit setting with CTF (10, so TDM would end after 10 kills :P) so I'd need to build a feature into our Moon Bot to auto-set the score limit to something TDM-sensible (e.g. 200, 300). But I would not be opposed to trying that if I can get it to work!

I could try Berlin CQ. Maybe it would just work...who knows

Thanks for the suggestion!

#6 D Day

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:07 AM

Aberdeen every second map........ :canadaflag:

#7 Dr. Detroit

Posted 08 July 2020 - 02:23 PM

Try Omaha - peeps still seem to like that

• Zap Rowsdower likes this

#8 Beef

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:12 PM

How about we put up some white text in game asking for votes on 3rd map.  Players could either tell admin in game or go to the website and vote.  Might even draw more people to become members?

• Highway Man and Stamper like this

#9 Wasabi®

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:24 PM

That is a good idea actually. I can have MoonBot put up gray text or we can put it in announcements.

An idea was floated about trying Tobruk as 3rd map. We haven't had it in rotation in a long time, and it needs at least 15 players to really be playable, but we can try...at this point, anything is worth trying.

• Stamper likes this

#10 Waffen

Posted 07 August 2020 - 04:52 PM

Toruk

#11 Wasabi®

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:35 PM

It has been now for a couple of weeks ;)

#12 Stamper

Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:54 PM

Market, Midway, Bocage, Tobruk, Wake, Battleaxe, Britain, Caen?

The first three are a suggestion because, if I recall correctly, Midway, whenever it's slipped into rotation, sometimes seems to have seeded the server, sometimes not.  What if it were slipped between Market and Bocage when crowds are bigger, and Wake separated the two current desert maps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com