Photo

Map Voting

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Lonestar

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:33 AM

Can we stop voting for market garden while we are currently playing MARKET GARDEN?

Would it be possible to change the time limit of map votes so if it fails you can’t immediately vote again for the same map over and over? 180 seconds seems too low... how about 10 minutes?

And also can admins stop setting the next map to market after only getting through 3 maps in the rotation and extending 3 times...

Could we just turn map vote off while admins are present and turn it back on before they leave? Maybe that would stop the map voting abuse.

It would be nice to play the other levels...
  • Rubulator and Christine1 like this

#2 Lonestar

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

P.S. alittlegirl is a filthy animal thats out of control
  • Rubulator, Christine1, Highway Man and 1 other like this

#3 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:19 PM

Unfortunately all we can change is the time the vote is open for and the required mininum of yes votes.

We will extend any map that runs well, especially when we have a nice amount of players. Starting Market with 5 players builds the server easier than when it's started from 0. That's why you will see us revert back to the start of the rotation. Killing the server pop is bad for business. Don't mistake that for admins only liking to play Market.

We'll usually take map vote off when players start spamming it, especially when it's the current map. It's also up to the players to not be asses and spam the map vote option. We gave you all the ability to vote for a next map (preferably near the end of a round) either when a not suitable map is coming up OR if the majority wants to play e.g. Battle of Britain. Don't forget; a map is not going to be play all of a sudden after the 3rd failed mapvote.

I would love to play the whole rotation, but it sucks if it is 3 vs 3 on a huge map. Most maps don't build/hold population as well as the first two in rotation. I'm glad that Guadal is doing as well as it is doing (most of the times). Now we will have to find more maps.

• Highway Man and Capn Cackler like this

#4 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:35 PM

It really too bad that only time Moon gets a elevated population is when the camping maps are on. 

I for one feel it time to think hard about discontinuing the camping, for one, that's all some players do. I don't have the answers.

It would be up to the brain trust of Moon to research that. The camping I feel takes away from some really good battles either being MG or BoogerCage. 

I have played on other servers of late, It is nice to be able to get out of your own main each time.

Just my 2 cents. 

Sorry to hijack your thread Lone. Maybe the webmaster can move this to the right location.

• posi, Rubulator, Christine1 and 2 others like this

#5 Lonestar

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:04 PM

I understand switching back to market and bocage if there is less than 5 players but most of the time there is more than that. It sucks getting forced to go back and play those 2 again instead of moving on. Think about the regular players that have already played both of them back to back after several extensions. It makes it seem like its 24/7 MarketGamers..

Maybe ask the current players if they want to continue rotation before assuming we want to go backwards in rotation. I could take several breaks for hours but it wouldn’t matter because I would still come back to the server being stuck on MARKET. Those aren’t the only maps that build population. If you extend a map 50 times making it last 2 or 3 hours people are going to leave when it finally ends.

Give the other maps a chance to build. Most people join because Moon is their favorite server. Do you really think it matters what map is on? I join no matter what its on and I’m sure many others do too. I doubt anyone is sitting in the server list clicking refresh until it goes to market unless your PUNKY or alittlegirl.

Guadalcanal is back and doing pretty good. Battle of Britain usually does decent but ends right when everyone starts joining. Tobruk has its days. Wake CTF does great no matter how many players are on. (Wake CTF not CQ the server emptier)
  • Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#6 Lonestar

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:07 PM

It really too bad that only time Moon gets a elevated population is when the camping maps are on. 
I for one feel it time to think hard about discontinuing the camping, for one, that's all some players do. I don't have the answers.
It would be up to the brain trust of Moon to research that. The camping I feel takes away from some really good battles either being MG or BoogerCage. 
I have played on other servers of late, It is nice to be able to get out of your own main each time.
Just my 2 cents. 
Sorry to hijack your thread Lone. Maybe the webmaster can move this to the right location.

Its ok Harry. I agree with all of this completely. This is another topic that needed attention anyway.

#7 Spare Parts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:19 PM

I'm curious.  Which is more important to you personally?  More people playing, less variety? or More maps, less people? 

#8 Lonestar

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:53 PM

I'm curious.  Which is more important to you personally?  More people playing, less variety? or More maps, less people?

Having a full server on market/bocage is always fun and I enjoy it like everyone else. I don’t mind it getting extended a few times when theres a close battle going on. Might as well turn the timer off and finish off the tickets instead of running it back to back to back.

I would think more good maps would bring more people... but like Harry said all the campers and baserapers have made Moongamers their home. The majority of the players left here can only play cheap and camp

#9 Lonestar

Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

Half the people that used to play here have gone to other servers for map variety and to get away from excessive base attack. People can only take so much of the same crap. I know I’m not the only one thats getting tired of it.

Base attack is one thing but to constantly put mines in the others base ruins the game. You shouldn’t have to check every vehicle with a wrench before driving off
  • Highway Man likes this

#10 Lonestar

Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:50 PM

And maybe one day we can have secret weapons/road to rome on more days than just sunday!
  • Christine1 and Highway Man like this

#11 Spare Parts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 06:00 PM

so, map variety > player number?  

• Highway Man likes this

#12 Lonestar

Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:21 PM

so, map variety > player number?

Yes.

Market
Bocage
Quadalcanal
Market
Bocage
El alamein
Market
Bocage
Caen
Market
Bocage
Kharkov
Market
Bocage
Wake
Market
Bocage
Coral sea
Market
Bocage
Britain
Market
Bocage
Tobruk
Market
Bocage
Bulge
Market
Bocage
Aberdeen
Market
Bocage
Omaha
Market
Bocage
Stalingrad
Market
Bocage
Berlin
Market
Bocage

Instead of market > boc > guad > market > boc > quad > market > boc > guad > market...

Atleast that way we could play more than 3 damn maps AND get variety

#13 Capn Cackler

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:47 PM

I like Kursk... It has trees 

#14 Rubulator

Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:04 AM

Thanks for coming here to voice your thoughts Lone... I disagree with you if you're saying map is more imp than pop.

I've reached a point personally where I don't even want to log in if there are less than 6 a side... It's just soooo freak'n boring. 

When it gets down to being so bored that ppl are knifing... I want to slit my virtual wrists!

And I'm with Harry on the camping option. Just know that that topic is under regular discussion by the Admin team. As are all issues discussed on the forum.

• Highway Man likes this

#15 dodgem

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:46 AM

We've been playing with the third map in the rotation and monitoring server population for a long time now.

NO MAP builds population at MoonGamers like Market Garden and Bocage.  Regardless of what's been said, the fact of the matter is that the server dies when we don't go back to Market Garden and Bocage after a few rounds on other maps.  If you leave the server and come back later and it's back at MG, it's possible that an admin has changed the map in the background but, what's just as likely is that the server died completely and we've set Market Garden as the Idle Map....and, don't you know it, the population starts building again.

Guadal CTF seems to have been the best map we've tried as third in the rotation for a long time, depending on the time of day it is played.  We peaked at 34 players on that map at the weekend which was great to see!

To avoid the server sitting empty, our best options are to continue as we've been doing and running a couple of different maps and then going back to MG/Bocage with 45/60/75 minute timers (and put up with some complaints), and/or to play very long rounds of MG and Bocage (when an admin is present) so that once the server finally comes back round to MG/Bocage, it doesn't feel like it was just played.  Personally I prefer the latter, but server population is more important than my opinion.

Re: asking the players - the admins and seniors have recently been reminded to check in with the players more, so hopefully this will prevent timers being extended without the players being asked if they want it.   

Re: camping - there's certainly a point here.  The question is, how would the players want us to implement a no camping rule if it were to be introduced?  Death bubble?  If so, we'd need help from a map modder.  Admin intervention?  If so, we'd need an increased pool of players with admin potential, then more admins and ultimately better admin coverage.  

I understand the frustrations (map choice/rotation and camping) and I'm happy to discuss it with the players, admins, senior admins and Lin alike, but the answer isn't as obvious as it's often made out to be.

But do know, we're paying attention in the forums, we're paying attention in game and we're keeping a close eye on server population and what does and doesn't work.

• Captain John H. Miller, Rubulator, Highway Man and 1 other like this

#16 Lonestar

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for coming here to voice your thoughts Lone... I disagree with you if you're saying map is more imp than pop.
I've reached a point personally where I don't even want to log in if there are less than 6 a side... It's just soooo freak'n boring. 
When it gets down to being so bored that ppl are knifing... I want to slit my virtual wrists!
And I'm with Harry on the camping option. Just know that that topic is under regular discussion by the Admin team. As are all issues discussed on the forum.

Yer Rub i agree it gets boring but whats the difference between joining market with low pop and battleaxe with low pop? 45 mins of battleaxe gets boring because theres no objective. Change it to CTF and it makes it more exciting and gives an actual purpose to play. Maybe we need more game modes instead of mostly everything conquest.

Many have still be waiting for berlin with no vehicles. And why is there not a single TDM map? Infantry players should get a chance to play their style every once in a while after getting smashed by tanks and planes every other map...
  • Rubulator likes this

#17 Lonestar

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:57 AM

Good response dodgem... Theres no doubt market and bocage build the population but how do we keep it? Better map rotation list? More game modes? Remove the boring population killer maps completely?

What I’m trying to say is I’m more upset with the rotation completely restarting from the beginning after being switched back to market to bring the server back to life. That makes it an endless rotation of about 3 maps...

If the server dies on battleaxe and you have to go back to market, why can’t we resume on the next map in rotation where we left off instead of completely restarting it? It get super repetitive. If i see the server on market it makes me not want to join but i do anyway because i like the players and enjoy playing here. If we are playing market or bocage and the admins keep asking us if we want more time, 90% of the time someone is going to say yes. It never ends...

I’ve been hoping for a death bubble for a while now. If you can’t drive an APC in, why should you be able to bring a tank in or have a plane constantly bombing planes taking off? With a death bubble you could remove the vehicle lock mod. If someone gets out to repair their tiger and i kill them, i should be able to steal their tank. Instead it just sits on the flag and they can respawn, hop in, and kill everyone there.

Players mining and expacking main uncapable bases should be considered disruptive gameplay and be warned or kicked. I thought expacks as primary were not allowed? If thats not the case why does the grey text even pop up? Admin intervention would be crucial here.

Thanks for reading
  • Rubulator likes this

#18 Capn Cackler

Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:16 AM

Good response dodgem... Theres no doubt market and bocage build the population but how do we keep it? Better map rotation list? More game modes? Remove the boring population killer maps completely?

What I’m trying to say is I’m more upset with the rotation completely restarting from the beginning after being switched back to market to bring the server back to life. That makes it an endless rotation of about 3 maps...

If the server dies on battleaxe and you have to go back to market, why can’t we resume on the next map in rotation where we left off instead of completely restarting it? It get super repetitive. If i see the server on market it makes me not want to join but i do anyway because i like the players and enjoy playing here. If we are playing market or bocage and the admins keep asking us if we want more time, 90% of the time someone is going to say yes. It never ends...

I’ve been hoping for a death bubble for a while now. If you can’t drive an APC in, why should you be able to bring a tank in or have a plane constantly bombing planes taking off? With a death bubble you could remove the vehicle lock mod. If someone gets out to repair their tiger and i kill them, i should be able to steal their tank. Instead it just sits on the flag and they can respawn, hop in, and kill everyone there.

Players mining and expacking main uncapable bases should be considered disruptive gameplay and be warned or kicked. I thought expacks as primary were not allowed? If thats not the case why does the grey text even pop up? Admin intervention would be crucial here.

Thanks for reading

I agree as well with most of the spawn camping points. Im not 100% sure what a death bubble is but I'm assuming it would be like going out of bounds and getting a timer.

Also, I too am very frustrated by engineers not knowing how to use their rifles in combat and can say that almost any time i have to get up close with an engy, they pull out their xpaks. Im a freakin sniper, im at a disadvantage from the start in close combat!

• Highway Man likes this

#19 Highway Man

Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:19 AM

A death bubble is usually set up around a certain perimeter around each main un cap. When enemy infiltrates the bubble it kills them by a few health bars at a time.

#20 Capn Cackler

Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:57 AM

A death bubble is usually set up around a certain perimeter around each main un cap. When enemy infiltrates the bubble it kills them by a few health bars at a time.

Ah, I see. I think that the occasional strafing of an enemy base should be ok but I can see that would be hard to balance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com