Photo

Keep getting kicked (IGNORING MD5TOOL QUERIES)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 VonRipper

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

Anybody got any idea to fix this bloody punkbuster crap IGNORING MD5TOOL QUERIES.................ive updated sometimes it updates sometimes it doesnt seem to ............this is getting to be a real pain

#2 Allarra

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

I don't know why it does this, but you will have to manually re-update it. The same thing has happened to me and I just did it again until it worked.

#3 Rick

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

Ripper,

Restarting the comp usually works for me.

But it came back in a few days again(When I dont turn my comp of overnight, ect)

#4 bogeydeadsix

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

I always manual update punkbuster and then restart the ol' computer

#5 WEEBLES

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Ripper,

Restarting the comp usually works for me.

But it came back in a few days again(When I dont turn my comp of overnight, ect)

I would offer the same advice. It happens to me but it is sporadic at best. A restart has worked for me. I also just wait the 2 minutes and then re-enter the game and most of the time I do not have a problem again.

#6 Latthen

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

What everyone has said is correct.

This is what others have said, but I am going to add to it a little:

close out the game
restart computer
do a PB update manully
if for some reason this does not work you have to delete and reinstall your game and then be sure to do the PB update after this.
Also be sure to keep windows up to date, run your adware tools, virus scans, disc cleanup, and defrag the computer. Also look for updates on your adware and virus tools and make sure that all your drivers are up to date for your video card.

#7 Rick

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

Alot of times I get the dumb Handshaking problem too...Only problem is alot say to reinstall game and It fixes it good, But I lost my Cd-Key so cant exactly do that.

I am also having an issue with Wake Island, I will post in a separate post.

#8 spookyload

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:21 PM

Another option would be to delete the BF2 cache. You will have to redo your settings, but that works for lots of problems.

#9 Rick

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

I have already done that though :\

#10 clubber-t

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

Starting in January of 2004, PunkBuster Server Admins have the option of using the new PB MD5Tool facility to check the digital signatures of files and/or portions of files in each player's game directory and child subdirectories during gameplay. This is useful, for example in Quake3 based games, to check for modified, replaced or additional pk3 files for cheats and/or exploits that have to this point not been detectable by PunkBuster. In Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield, this facility can be used to check for modified or missing ambient sound files, etc.

This is a link to evenbalance explaining MD5TOOL for Servers. I could find little in the way of support.

MD5TOOL for SERVERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com