Photo

What are ®REGs?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Warrior124

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

A Reg is a trusted member of our community. One who has shown many traits worthy of the position, and whom has been voted in by his/her peers. The Reg is one whom has shown maturity, and has become an ambassador of sorts for our community. The Reg is very involved in community affairs. Such as promoting our community, and our values. The Reg takes time in game, and TS to welcome newcomers as well as help educate newcomers new to the game.

When I first came to MoonGamers I was very impressed by our Regs we had here, and those who are still here. Everytime I was in game I was asked to come to TS, and get involved within the community. They'd take the time to help me with the game since I was new, and I'd notice a Reg before an Admin not because I thought an Reg was more important, but because the Regs were more present while an Admins job is taking care of the server. The Regs are the frontliners, and before becoming an Admin, and later a Senior Admin, I always wanted to be a Reg, because of what the Regs stood for, and still stands for.

Today, I am proud to say I am a Reg. I am also proud of my fellow Regs as well. We are constantly working on better ways to make the Reg position one that always shines. My experience with those in the position when I came here was one of awe, and that is what I hope others view it as. I won't go into the processes of how to become one, but it isn't easy. You can't just slap on the tag, and say you are a Reg. You have to earn it, and once earned you have to strive to keep it. If you hear someone say the Reg position has lost its shine they don't know what they are talking about, because they don't know what it means to become one, or the care it takes for those voting in a potential Reg. If you are interested in becoming a Reg ask a Reg/Admin/Sr Admin/Core member how to become one. Thank you for reading, and see you on the battlefield. :)
  • birney, Captain John H. Miller and Moose Springsteen like this

#2 Lin

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:30 AM

We used to vote Yes, No or Abstain. That made becoming a Reg more of a popularity vote and less of a merits vote...and yes, it lost its shine. However, for about the past year we looked at the merits, the good characteristics of those whom we chose to make a Reg, and came up with a rate vote instead of the yes/no vote. Anyone interested in becoming a Reg needs to ask themselves if they have the characteristics we're looking for. Here they are.

Voting Guide
The vote will no longer be a Yes/No vote; instead, we are going to have the nominees graded by the voters. The grades will consist of 0 through 5, definitions below:

Please adhere to the grading guidelines below. Ignoring these guidelines = Lose The Shine!

5 - Shines!

• should have been reg long ago: always exemplary, plays on Moon a lot
  • always exhibits good sportsmanship in server
  • helps educate others
  • heavy in forums, heavy in TS
  • maintains good attitude

4 - Highly Polished

• often exemplary, plays on Moon a lot
  • mostly exhibits good sportsmanship in server
  • mostly helps to educate others
  • frequent in Teamspeak and/or forum
  • maintains good attitude most of the time
3 - Slightly Tarnished
  • good but not exemplary, plays on Moon regularly
  • sometimes exhibits good sportsmanship in server but also has questionable moments
  • will help to educate others once in a while
  • not often in TeamSpeak and/or forum
  • exhibits good and bad attitude
2 - Some reflection
  • good and sometimes bad gameplay, plays on Moon sometimes
  • doesn't really help to educate others
  • very rare in TS and/or forum
  • doesn't really maintain a good attitude
  • probably needs more time and/or assistance to be a Reg
1 - Too dim to mention
  • plays on moon every now and then, can't really remember if s/he plays good or bad
  • hasn't seen them educate others
  • might have been in TS once, might have posted in forum once
  • doesn't have a good attitude
  • needs a lot more time and/or assistance to be a Reg
0 - Opaque
  • are you kidding me?

Abstain

• You don't know the player, or don't know them well enough to cast a vote.

Plus One
*NEW*
  • Does the member donate to MoonGamers? If yes, you may add +1 to the overall vote.
We are having them graded in order to maintain a high level of "shine" for our Regs; new Regs will be limited in number by game. We also may need to add a "handicap" for the overnight players so they have an equal chance to be a Reg.
  • MaYoRofSMACK and Moose Springsteen like this

#3 STRYPER

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

Reg Process Details (FAQ)

- A member needs to have at least six months on forums, teamspeak and server(s) before he/she can be considered reg material.

- Nominations for new regs can be made by all regs or admins at all levels.

- Sr admins evaluate the nominations and create polls for the candidates in the 'reg forum'.

- Sr admins decide when and how often reg polls are run.

As a Reg you also have certain responsibilities. You are setting an example for others who play on the server. This means fair gameplay, no tank camping or whoring, spamming or cheating (using a cheat or exploit to your advantage). You must follow the same rules as every other player. Being a Reg does not mean you can flaunt the rules and get away with it.

- Regs who are misbehaving on forums, teamspeak and servers (including non-MG servers) can lose their reg status at any time.
Inactive regs will be evaluated and removed when needed.

-Core reserves the right to bring a Reg on sooner or remove when non-Reg like actions are seen.
  • Moose Springsteen likes this

#4 Firestar68k

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

Hi lin,Warrior,and stryper.I like the way you have the voting now thats a great way to do that.I hope one day i will become a reg in the near future but not right now.When i have been on long enough to show you that i would make a great reg then you can decide to make that vote. :grphug:

#5 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

I don't know if you guys will remember me (see my introduction post), but I played on your 1942 and DC servers for about 5 years. Could I please get some consideration for the reg status?

#6 DIRTYWENCH

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

I am a past Reg. I would like to become one once again. I play on the BF 4 server

#7 Tarawa/Troutzilla

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

Is there an " OLD & MOLDY " Reg .....if so, I certainly have the qualifications for consideration.

#8 JustABill

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

I would like to be considered as a Reg.

JustABill

#9 SlipperyG

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

Well, I'd probably be a good "Reg". But here's the thing, I haven't prooved it yet. Soon I will. I won't expect you to GIVE ME ONE right now, but soon I hope I get to be a "Reg". I'm not asking, But I'm just saying. Though no one knows me...I'lll still be a good reg. But remember, I'm not asking. I'm saying that I will proove that I will be a reg soon. :)

#10 Chief5201

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

Hello. It seems there are Regs for all, the other Games that Moongamers has, but I haven't seen any for Dayz Epoch Chenaraus. If the Admins are looking I would like to be considered a Reg. Thanks

#11 Angry Penguin

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:58 AM

Reg does sound interesting.  The reason I decided to stay on Moon dayz server was because of the willingness of the server community to go out of their way to help a new player get acclimated to the game and server rules. I'm not sure who the Regs are on the server, but it seems like most players I have encountered are Regs in spirit.  Thank you to the admin and players that have made my stay in moon chernarus a pleasant gaming experience.  I too will continue the tradition of the Reg and strive to help others as i have been helped.  Perhaps in 5 months i will have done enough to wear the REG tag. 

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#12 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

® are nominated by other ®,  when a player show the needed characteristics for it, well mannered, polite, guide new gamers, active at game forums and TS. 

To the ones willing to become one,  read server rules and follow them, respect admins and gamers and rest will happen naturally.

Regards 

Troop 

• Rubulator likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com