Photo

Map Rotation Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#101 MehulJ

Posted 27 July 2020 - 01:59 AM

Hey ... Yes, I did check out the Playground Server ... the Bots are savage over there xD

They won't stop at nothing to vaporize u ..

Yes ... I often miss CTF Maps .. 

I will try Sunday Mornings and keep myself updated on the Discord Server ...

I agree with you ... No wonder players love Midway and Wake Island due to planes ...

Thanks anyways for considering new maps ... Hope they see more number of players ...

True, admins do listen to their players which is awesome ... They don't impose their will :) 

#102 Wasabi®

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:01 AM

You'll notice that most of our players are vehicle players (they like getting in tanks, ships, planes). They will leave whenever CTF or infantry map comes on. We do have an infantry crowd, but those players mostly come during US evening hours. We have been running a lot of Berlin/Stalingrad (both CQ and CTF) in the evenings here. 

• MehulJ likes this

#103 FriendlyNoob

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:42 PM

Any map where at least one side can be eliminated makes it a better map. The stakes are higher and the game more dynamic and faster paced. Instead of sitting around and waiting for them to come out of their base. Especially with the no base attack uncapturable... which is strange on maps where only one side has uncapturable.

Tobruk with base attack. After all axis can attack all of allied bases.
Liberation Caen - without the airplanes

Battle of the Bulge
Operation Aberdeen with home bases capturable.
Hellendorn
Eagles nest
Telemark
Husky with Flakpanzer or extra AA and machine gun damage turned up to planes
Cassino
Battle of phillipines

Raid on Agheila
  • MehulJ likes this

#104 Wasabi®

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:40 PM

Yes, the 'assault' (cap out) maps are exciting and adrenaline inducing, especially for the defending side who can lose if they lose all flags. 

Problem is that they often get capped out very quickly, resulting in population decline (e.g. the round starts with 15 players, then ends in 5 minutes which was not enough time to gain players. Then the next map starts, 4-5 players naturally drop off...repeat)

So the '2 uncap' maps, although more boring to a degree, are in there to seed the server and ideally make sure there is a healthy population before going into the other maps. 

The reason we do not allow uncap attacks even on 'assault' maps are twofold: 1) it's just simpler, easier for players to remember the rules. 2) when team skill is lopsided, you can easily get into a situation where the attacking team cannot leave their uncap at all. We disallow basecamp so that at least the attacking team can get out of the base and have a fighting chance.

• Capn Cackler likes this

#105 Spare Parts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 05:01 PM

*bump*  

lot of talk in game about map rotation, here ya go, put up or shut up, they want to hear your thoughts.

#106 Stamper

Posted 07 August 2021 - 05:19 PM

*bump*  

lot of talk in game about map rotation, here ya go, put up or shut up, they want to hear your thoughts.

This may be the dumbest question I've had yet, but......     Is there a way to program the map vote to be turned on at the start of each round, but after, say, three or five minutes it shuts off automatically?  That way, if we enter a not-too-popular map with low pop and no admin, the existing players can vote on something?   Generally, if an admin has been on, they've been open to suggestions for what map to run next, which is appreciated (Mehul, I see you! ;)  ).   I appreciate the opening of discussion, thanks!

Edit - Maybe replace Bulge with Berlin CTF, or Stalingrad CTF or CQ, but leave the rest.  My experience is only my own and I don't see the server stats, but from my experience, if there was a map we've been 'stuck' on lately with low pop, it's been Bulge.  

• MehulJ likes this

#107 MehulJ

Posted 07 August 2021 - 11:16 PM

Hey Stampy, Bulge went real well yesterday... It depends on the time as well ...

Moreover, it stays on for only 30 mins, and rarely do we see an extension in time, since the map is intense and exhausting... 

I agree with FriendlyNoob, Bulge has a capturable base, which makes the game fun n fast... on the other hand, Bocage and MG stall at times, and one then  just loiters around, placing mines, thereby forcing Axis to either retreat or simply snipe from the baseline - those then become the most boring 45 minutes.  

Quite a few players rated Bulge as one of the best maps along with Omaha, Kharkov and Berlin. 

Lastly, there was another suggestion by someone I am nt able to recall was to allocate players to team based on their skill level, which I even upvote (but it is up to Wasabi to decide on that - the complexity of it, else we can request them to switch).

There are a few strong players who switch to Allies in the beginning itself, and that usually messes up everything.

Also, one can't have players like TheHammer, Bruh, Numby, Brunn, etc in one team, and Zookers/Expackers in one 

This is what happens in MG almost every time 

• Stamper likes this

#108 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 08 August 2021 - 01:18 AM

Unfortunately, on a successful mapvote the round will end immediately and the chosen map will load.

• Capn Cackler and Stamper like this

#109 Stamper

Posted 08 August 2021 - 02:30 PM

Mehul, you hit the nail on the head with 'time of day' for Bulge *thumbs up*

• MehulJ likes this

#110 Wasabi®

Posted 08 August 2021 - 04:09 PM

Whenever we have allowed map vote in the past, players would repeatedly vote for Bocage and Market Garden. Therefore map vote will not be turned on for the foreseeable future.

The team stacking is very bad on Bocage and Market, especially on Market. Every time I try to play that map the Allies have all the best players (including pilots) and completely stomp Axis. It's not fun

• Capn Cackler and MehulJ like this

#111 Spare Parts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 04:11 PM

Whenever we have allowed map vote in the past, players would repeatedly vote for Bocage and Market Garden. Therefore map vote will not be turned on for the foreseeable future.

Can those maps be excluded from map vote?  

#112 Wasabi®

Posted 08 August 2021 - 04:14 PM

We've already thought of that, not possible.

#113 Spare Parts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 04:16 PM

We've already thought of that, not possible.

copy that.  Map vote is abused too much to be viable, but I'd thought I'd ask.

#114 Spare Parts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 04:27 PM

Getting back to map rotation suggestions

Bocage 

Market

Battleaxe or perhaps Berlin.  Battleaxe does respectable numbers imo, but maybe a break from planes would be a way to go.

Berlin or Bulge 

Bulge or Wake

Wake or Iwo or Omaha

Caen or Stalingrad

These are not based on my personal preference merely what I have heard while playing.

• Stamper likes this

#115 Stamper

Posted 08 August 2021 - 05:01 PM

Bocage (planes)

Tobruk (no planes)

Market (planes)

Caen (no planes)

Wake (planes - but ships!)

Bulge (no planes)

Battleaxe (planes)

Omaha (no planes)

Coral (chaos with planes)

Berlin (no planes)

Iwo (planes ((kind of)) - but ships!)

Kharkov (planes)

Alternating plane/no plane maps?

#116 Spare Parts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 05:25 PM

plane map, plane map, plane map, no plane, no plane, plane map, plane map, no plane, no plane, no plane

2017?  

Edit  This sounded snarky, instead Stampers post reminded me of this post.  That's all.

• Stamper likes this

#117 Wasabi®

Posted 08 August 2021 - 07:54 PM

The new rotation I put in tonight has Coral swapped out for Midway, and Tobruk swapped out for Aberdeen. We will see how this does.

• Stamper likes this

#118 Capn Cackler

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:24 PM

I suggest rethinking running wake in the evenings as we often don't have the population to support a good round.

• MehulJ likes this

#119 MehulJ

Posted 09 August 2021 - 03:16 AM

The new rotation I put in tonight has Coral swapped out for Midway, and Tobruk swapped out for Aberdeen. We will see how this does.

This will do the trick ... Aberdeen finally !!! and Modded Midway is anyways the GOAT...

Awesome  :music-smiley-008:

Yesterday was the very first time I achieved my highest score on Coral - '6'

Like, my plane bombs were actually falling on infantry... 

But yeah, welcome the change :D

• Capn Cackler likes this

#120 Stamper

Posted 12 August 2021 - 11:04 AM

In an attempt to fill these maps with more people could we try putting a map such as Midway/Aberdeen between Bocage/Market?  If not that's okay.  Both maps are super fun when they're packed.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com