Photo

Map Changes and Modding

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#101 Wasabi®

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:53 AM

The uncap boundaries on Battleaxe were tightened a bit as there were many complaints.

The uncap boundaries on Battleaxe are problematic.  Today I was on axis, in a panzer near the axis first line middle bunker (nearest my axis base).  A spit had attacked my panzer and I finally gunned it down just as it retreated to allied airstrip.  I was auto killed.  Perhaps the round would have turned soon anyway, but this allowed ALittleGirl to grab the panzer and it was all over after that.  I'm sure this can't be the intent of the auto kill zones.  But I do think it is a real problem with turning the server into a safe haven for marshmallows and millennials.  I think you guys are making a mistake taking the no camping thing this far.  I think it would be better to try and implement a cultural change in the server aimed at balancing teams when needed based on skill levels of present players.  It would take some time but may be worthwhile to consider.  I love the Moongamers server and its BF42 community but for the first time in years, this made me consider trying some other servers.  I'm afraid that in being so zealous in your efforts to stop the camping you may be alienating long time players who have supported the server for years just to make a few new players more welcomed...

I have found somewhat of a workaround for this and will be upgrading the bot soon. Basically it will use a much tighter 'runway' area to validate kills against airplanes above the uncap, as opposed to the full uncap bounds. So if you kill an airplane above the enemy uncap, there will be a much lower chance of you getting autokilled, if the airplane is off the runway area. Hope this helps.

• dodgem, Highway Man and Capn Cackler like this

#102 Wasabi®

Posted 05 August 2020 - 01:01 AM

Some "funnier" bot names are online now

• Stamper likes this

#103 Wasabi®

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:20 AM

August 7th 2020:

Berlin CTF - added spawn APC's to both sides.

• Highway Man and MehulJ like this

#104 Waffen

Posted 07 August 2020 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for your hard work! Gothic Allied AA needs to be moved either closer to the flag or further East. A good AA gunner can cover 80% of the map as it is now. Plus the Axis AA can barely shoot a plane flying up from the valley before it drops it's bombs.

#105 Wasabi®

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:03 PM

There was actually a suggestion to remove the AA's altogether. I'm torn because Axis can pound Allied main flag, perhaps we leave / move the AA in on Allied but remove it from Axis?

#106 Wasabi®

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:12 AM

Today's Changes

Market Garden CTF

• Replaced Stuka with Aichi Val for Axis

El Alamein CTF

• Replaced Stuka with Aichi Val for Axis

Omaha Beach CQ

• Grenades and ExpPacks now reload

• MehulJ likes this

#107 Wasabi®

Posted 15 August 2020 - 09:07 PM

Today's Changes

Berlin CTF

• Removed Expacks

#108 Capn Cackler

Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:54 PM

Just a reminder to change something for the Gewehr 43. I suggest adding 2 more mags but I don't care, it needs something.

• Highway Man and Stamper like this

#109 Stamper

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:20 AM

Just a reminder to change something for the Gewehr 43. I suggest adding 2 more mags but I don't care, it needs something.

Didn't the bolt action snipers also have 4 spare mags instead of the stock two not too long ago?  Could that be replaced?  I understand if no, as it could just make the duration of a hard-to-beat basesniper longer...

#110 Wasabi®

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:34 PM

The K98 and No4 Sniper had 4 extra clips until recently. I felt it made snipers overpowered (including myself) and didn't see enough justification for it to stay. 

The Gewehr 43, I agree, it's shit. 2 extra mags probably wouldn't hurt.

• Capn Cackler and Stamper like this

#111 Wasabi®

Posted 06 March 2021 - 06:25 PM

September 11, 2020

• All planes on uncaps have been locked. You are not allowed to steal enemy planes.
  • All heavy tanks have been unlocked. This means when an enemy bails from a Tiger / M10 you can then take his vehicle and use it against him.

September 12, 2020

We have introduced "overnight/low population" maps. These maps have more bots, and they have the ability to use light armor (jeep, APC, light tank). Bots WILL NOT use planes/heavy tanks.
  • These maps will be used automatically between approx 11PM EST and 9AM EST. When the population on the server is low, these maps are automatically loaded on the server. When the population goes above a threshold, the regular maps are put back. 

• Regular maps are restored at approx 9AM EST. Only regular maps run during the day.

• The idea is to make it a bit more playable with 2-3 players a side in low population situations. 

September 20, 2020
  • ExpPacks damage against infantry has been re-nerfed.
    The nerf was added again because recently there are many cheap players who exppack as a primary weapon and this makes it unenjoyable. We had removed this nerf in April as part of the re-modding of the maps, but we felt it was time to bring it back.

• Anzio CTF - Both airfields are now uncappable. This is to prevent the situation where one team gets all of the planes, making it unplayable (spawn killing) for the other team.

• Husky CQ - One of the AA guns at the middle (defgun) flag has been moved behind a fence to make it harder to potshot infantry and vehicles coming down the hill

October 4, 2020

• El Alamein CTF - Reverse Turbo has been added to the jeeps. The reverse turbo is activated by using the left mouse button (as opposed to the right mouse button for forward turbo)

• Bocage CTF Small turbo has been added to the jeeps and tank collision damage has been adjusted so that the turbo jeeps don't 1-shot kill the tanks.

• Battleaxe CQ - Added a jeep to Axis airfield.

• Battleaxe CTF - Faster jeep spawns, more jeeps, adjusted jeep spawn locations. Matched AA gun numbers/ locations with CQ.

• Kharkov CTF - Faster jeep spawns, more jeeps, faster AA spawns. Added AA to main bases.

• Wake CQ - Landing boats are added to the South and North villages, similar to CTF.

• Wake CTF - One of the dive bombers at the airfield has been changed to a fighter. This is to prevent the scenario where a skilled pilot steals the opposing team's fighter plane, making it very difficult for the other team to shoot them down since they have no fighter plane.

• Stalingrad CTF - Jeeps spawn faster, added jeeps to the left side of the Axis spawn building and right side of the Allied spawn building.

October 24, 2020

• All turbo jeep maps : No more damage when jeep rolls / goes upside down.

• Gazala CTF has been re-done with similar concept as El Alamein CTF. Turbo on jeeps - lots of planes, secret airfield, planes spawn faster. Extra AA to deal with the planes.

• Gazala CQ - More AA and jeeps

• Battleaxe CTF - Small turbo on jeeps. Added dive bombers for swoops. More jeeps at mains and at flags.

• Wake CTF - Revised AA locations at south base (added one near the existing vanilla AA, and moved the one from the building to the hill, where it can't be used to shoot incoming jeeps / tanks)

• Bocage CTF - Removed heavy tanks.

• Guadalcanal CTF - Turbo for jeeps, more planes and AA, more jeeps around the map.

• Wake CQ - More AA on the island

• dodgem, Some Girl Named Cher, Christine1 and 1 other like this

#112 Wasabi®

Posted 29 May 2021 - 06:12 PM

October 25, 2020 

• Gothic Line CTF -  Added a spawn APC for Allies. Removed the defgun at the top flag. Goblins spawn faster.

• Peenemunde CQ - More jeeps/motorcycles at main bases and all the flags

• Raid on Agheila (CQ) - More transport at the main bases, and flags

November 8, 2020

• Battle of the Bulge CQ - Increased all tank spawn times

November 14, 2020

• Liberation of Caen CTF - Balance changes to make Allies less dominant.
    Barricade separating two main bases removed.
    Tanks are now locked (no more spawn camping by stealing the enemy tank)
    Blocked both north / south bridges that made it easy for Allies to steal
    - Moved some allied spawn points away from the flag so they don't cluster and easily take out Axis
    - Jeeps on Axis side moved further from flag. - Axis paraspawn now lands slightly closer to the Allied flag.

November 15, 2020

• Cassino CQ - More & faster spawning jeeps at Allied main

November 19, 2020

• Liberation of Caen CTF - more balancing changes.
    Axis para spawn moved slightly to the north
    Allied para spawn moved slightly to the northwest.
    Both flags are about 15 seconds running distance from optimal paradrop point now

January 24, 2021

• Aberdeen CQ - Main bases are now uncaps
  • Invasion of the Philippines CQ - Replaced Mustang with Corsair
  • Peenemunde CQ - decreased spawn times for Goblin and Ho229 planes
  • Kharkov CTF - Replaced Kubelwagen with Jeep on Axis
  • Kursk CTF - Added turbo to jeeps
  • Wake CTF - Added turbo to jeeps
  • Berlin CTF - Removed grenades. Restored exppacks. Increased APC spawn time to 70 seconds.
  • Baytown CTF
    - Jeeps in mains and all the flags
    - extra AA at main bases, faster AA spawn times
    - Double-seater plane for Allies. Planes double spawn

January 25, 2021

• Salerno CQ - Map reworked as a "king of the hill" mode map.
    - Midpoint flags are now uncaps.
    - Added AA in bases and the top flag.
    - added fast-spawning jeeps in main bases.

January 26, 2021

• El Alamein CQ
    - More / faster spawning planes, and more AA
    - Reworked jeep locations in main bases

• Kursk CQ
    - Added 2x light tanks and 1x heavy tank to each main base.
    - Added more jeeps.
    - Moved 'back' spawns near the AA at the middle base flags closer to the flag itself.

January 28, 2021

• Battle of the Bulge CQ
    - Reduced number of bots from 8 to 6 per side

• New Map - Liberation of Caen TDM Meatgrind - A 'remix' of the CTF mod but with no tanks/grenades/exppacks, intended to be run on Meatgrind Friday nights.

February 7, 2021

• Baytown CTF - Added AA guns at the uncaps

• Salerno CQ
    - Made midpoint flags invisible
    - Added AA at midpoint flags
    - More jeeps and they spawn faster

• Guadalcanal CTF - Less armor at the main bases

February 13, 2021

• Berlin CTF - Removed spawn APCs and added more jeeps.

February 14, 2021

• Salerno CQ - Removed one anti-tank gun from each side of the top hill (total of 2 removed)

• Anzio CTF - Allies now get a Zero instead of Corsair.

March 6, 2021

• Secret Weapons - Increased spare clips from 2 to 4 for the Gewehr 43 ZF sniper rifle to compensate for its lower accuracy

• Kharkov CTF - Removed artillery from center (hill) flag to prevent spawn killing

• Bocage CQ - Faster AA respawns.

• El Alamein CQ - Turbo jeep

• Gazala CQ - Turbo jeep

• Invasion of the Philippines CQ
    - Added AA guns throughout map
    - faster spawning jeeps
    - Added jeeps throughout map

March 12, 2021

• Essen CQ
    - Fixed bug in the map that was reverting some of the modding to a prior version of the map.
    - Restored jetpacks and flag locations

May 2, 2021

• Anzio CTF - Added an extra AA gun to each main base

• Gothic Line CTF - Added 2 jetpacks for Allied base.

• Omaha Beach CQ - Replaced M10 with Sherman and Tiger with Panzer IV

May 21, 2021

• Kursk CTF - Replaced Ilyushin with Aichi Val

• Gazala CTF - Replaced fighters with their faction defaults.

• El Alamein CTF - Replaced fighters with their faction defaults.

• Overnight Maps - Bot AI skill turned down from 1 to 0.6 on all overnight maps.

I've posted all of the backlogged updates from when the forum was unavailable.

• .....Master....., Dachande, Major Sleep and 1 other like this

#113 Stamper

Posted 30 May 2021 - 12:00 AM

• Omaha Beach CQ - Replaced M10 with Sherman and Tiger with Panzer IV

It's pretty balanced with the 2 Panzer vs. 2 Shermans in Omaha currently depending on whether or not you have a decent gunner in the destroyer/competent defgunners..

Random ideas....

Replace one of the Axis tanks with a Tiger, but give Allies a spawn APC while keeping the two Shermans.

-or-

Same as above, but have three Shermans

-or-

Same as second idea, but no spawn APC.

-----regardless of random ideas, can one Sherman be placed on opposite side of the beach near the jeep behind the embankment?------

I wouldn't say no to a one or two easter egg Garands on the beach somewhere, either... ;)

#114 Wasabi®

Posted 30 May 2021 - 12:45 PM

May 30, 2021

• Peenemunde CQ
    - Moved one Goblin to Allied base
    - Added a Flakpanzer to the Allied base
    - Added AA gun at airfield
    - Shortened spawn time for AA guns
    - Shortened spawn time for Goblin
    - Slightly lengthened spawn time for Natter
    - Dingy boat now double spawns

• Capn Cackler likes this

#115 .....Master.....

Posted 30 May 2021 - 02:42 PM

Job well done! :) 

• Stamper likes this

#116 Stamper

Posted 30 May 2021 - 03:39 PM

Any way to expand the range for the repair/ammo reload areas for the PT Boats in Phil slightly?   It's super tiny and challenging to get the boats lined up to reload.

#117 Stamper

Posted 28 July 2021 - 12:18 PM

Not sure if I should post here or in the recent "Calling All Moonies" thread that kind of (my fault) turned into modding suggestions.

But...

Could the Allies in Market Garden get a jeep next to the Spitfire on the south side of the runway like they do on the north side?  In scenarios like today where we held no flags most of the match and I spawned next to that plane, a jeep there would have been nice to get back into the flags without having to walk across the base to get a jeep.  

#118 Stamper

Posted 06 August 2021 - 09:30 PM

Caen - Bridge Flag - Either I'm blind or there isn't supposed to be an ammo box there....but could we put a frozen/stationary APC in one of the buildings for ammo to defend the flag?  I understand that there is a med cabinet in the two-story building already, but for comparison to this scenario, there 'is' an APC next to an ammo box in the sawmill of Bocage, basically with the same effect but for healing instead of ammo.   While it is fun to basically play cat and mouse with the flags on that side of the river, having access to ammo would be nice at this particular flag, as long as it wouldn't break the match with nearly an unlimited supply of mines for engineers to put on the bridge....

Also at same flag, in the concrete single-story building, could we get a machine gun placement in one of the windows that faces towards the city?  I backed a scooter in there several times recently (no glitch...like backing into a garage...) and shot through the windows and helped defend the flag that way....but....the scooter blows up/runs out of ammo quite easily ;)

Thanks for reading as always. 

#119 Capn Cackler

Posted 06 August 2021 - 09:43 PM

Caen - Bridge Flag - Either I'm blind or there isn't supposed to be an ammo box there....but could we put a frozen/stationary APC in one of the buildings for ammo to defend the flag?  I understand that there is a med cabinet in the two-story building already, but for comparison to this scenario, there 'is' an APC next to an ammo box in the sawmill of Bocage, basically with the same effect but for healing instead of ammo.   While it is fun to basically play cat and mouse with the flags on that side of the river, having access to ammo would be nice at this particular flag, as long as it wouldn't break the match with nearly an unlimited supply of mines for engineers to put on the bridge....

Also at same flag, in the concrete single-story building, could we get a machine gun placement in one of the windows that faces towards the city?  I backed a scooter in there several times recently (no glitch...like backing into a garage...) and shot through the windows and helped defend the flag that way....but....the scooter blows up/runs out of ammo quite easily ;)

Medical cabinet also dispenses ammo at that particular location.

• Stamper likes this

#120 Stamper

Posted 06 August 2021 - 11:10 PM

Medical cabinet also dispenses ammo at that particular location.

.....it DOES?!?!   I rarely go in there probably because a 'little birdie' from my past experience tells me there isn't normally one there, so I never bothered to look/pay attention/etc....  I died...so many times...from an empty kit...and didn't know....          I'm an idiot.  Sorry.

I still stand on the machine gun in the concrete building though! ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com