Photo

Moongamers vs EA117 Night!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:14 PM

Hello Moonies,

On Friday January 24th between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM Central, we at EA117 would like to invite you all over to our server for a Moon vs. EA night!

During this time, we will be stacking the teams and running set maps including a couple of your favorites. We would love it if you could pencil in the date and even just pop in for a round!

I won't lie, I'm a little nervous about some our your pilots and snipers getting their hands on jets and 50 cals. It should make for a fun night!

While completely optional, it would be great if you guys could toss up your =MooN= tag so our admin can easily sort out who is on team Moon. This includes any dual server players who wish to join your team to even things out.

Our server info is as follows:

EA117.com/access to connect
47.190.52.113      14567

The server has a bouncer, so players will need to visit the following thread if they have not played there for awhile or never played.
http://ea117dcfanfav...php?f=62&t=5838

Should players need to download and install DC, here you go:
http://ea117dcfanfav....php?f=9&t=1655

And if anyone wishes to join us on TS, we have you covered!
http://ea117dcfanfav...&p=44578#p44578

Please feel free to spread the word to any players who are not around much anymore, and if your admin could put up a server message that would be awesome!

Should Moongamers be interested, we would also like to extend an offer to do the reverse and bring our players over here for a classic 1942 night.

And everybody harp on Lin to come. I haven't hit her point blank with an rpg while she stopped to do admin stuff in years! :pix:

Thank you, and I hope to see you guys that night!

Something I should have put in my initial post is a request to review the server rules.

http://ea117dcfanfav...ic.php?f=9&t=38

They are pretty standard, not much different than Moon, but EA117 does not allow for attacking mains.

You may snipe the main.

You may fire back at infantry and equipment hiding in the main, but only after they have engaged you and you may only attack them. So, the SCUD for example would not be wise to retaliate with as your splash damage hitting other players and equipment would be illegal.

You may attack an SA3, occupied or not.

You may enter the main to steal equipment/weapons, but you may not attack until you are engaged.

Thanks!

PS: My initial post is too old to be edited. If an admin could copy and paste this at the bottom for me, that would be much appreciated!

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:05 AM

I would love to participate, but the timezone doesn't work for me =(

• Highway Man likes this

#3 Highway Man

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:38 AM

Well sleep extra that day.... :chk:
  • Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#4 posi

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:32 PM

Signed!  I hope to see Basrah Nights!

• Hairy Russian Dude and Highway Man like this

#5 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:18 PM

I would love to participate, but the timezone doesn't work for me =(

Book the day off work and tell your spouse you're not on kid duty that night!

Signed!  I hope to see Basrah Nights!

Anytime you pop in Posi, feel free to run a vote for it when it is time to map switch. I'll support you!

#6 WarWizard

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:33 PM

Thought I would do a test run to see if I have all the correct software to play DC maps, I do play on the map, but get kicked with a message A1331-C2.110 error loading Pbag. What am I missing so it will stop dropping me.

#7 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:49 PM

Thought I would do a test run to see if I have all the correct software to play DC maps, I do play on the map, but get kicked with a message A1331-C2.110 error loading Pbag. What am I missing so it will stop dropping me.

Ha! Pbag sounds like the game wants you to put a catheter in and stay playing the game for awhile.
Did you try the pb fix in the link provided to the downloads?

#8 Highway Man

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:48 PM

Try the following WW
The first suspicion I would have with that is not having applied the TanksPBUpdate, or needing to re-apply the TanksPBUpdate. So if they haven't done that, or could do that using Step 7 in http://ea117.com/dcinstall, that's what I would be doing for that symptom on my own machine.

I'm sure pulling the /pb folder from a working Battlefield 1942 installation would work too, but shouldn't be what's "strictly necessary." We can create newly installed Battlefield 1942 + PunkBuster installations on new, clean Windows 10 machines which have never had anything installed before, using the steps currently in http://ea117.com/dcinstall.

(And I even just did one this week, using the current Windows 10 1909 64-bit, while verifying whether I could reproduce an issue MuzzleTough is having with an exception in PBCL.DLL. Using the steps laid out in http://ea117.com/dcinstall still worked successfully for me. So while there may still be some compatibility issues lurking out there, it's not that these install instructions don't still work, too.)
  • WarWizard and Hairy Russian Dude like this

#9 WarWizard

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:43 PM

Still dropping it seems it cannot get to the PB server, when running the test for pnka and pnkb the test runs with no errors. I have followed the install directions and have reinstalled the full DC and client. So any ideas?  

#10 posi

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:39 PM

Stupid Question but....

In the Server Browser where you choose what server to play on.  Did you click the little box that say Punkbuster to turn it on in game?

If the outlined repairs don't work...

Abandonware Battlefield is pre-patched with Punkbuster working if you want to go that route.  

You would have to start fresh , lay down the game , expansion, mods then patch with the gamespy fix.

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#11 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:46 PM

Stupid Question but....

I the Server Browser where you choose what server to play on.  Did you click the little box that say Punkbuster to turn it on in game?

If the outlined repairs don't work...

Abandonware Battlefield is pre-patched with Punkbuster working if you want to go that route.  

You would have to start fresh , lay down the game , expansion, mods then patch with the gamespy fix.

What posi has said x100!

When I got (forced into) Windows 10 a few years ago, I had a hell of a time getting 1942 working.

It turned out to be that damn little box.

And whenever I have had to do a fresh install, I have posi's downloads saved and they work flawlessly for me.

http://www.moongamer...showtopic=65687

#12 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:21 PM

#13 Highway Man

Posted 26 December 2019 - 12:26 AM

Couldn't remember if we are supposed to bring anything to this shindig, but I'm going to bring this along anyways.
can%20of%20whoop%20ass%20cling%20wrap%20
  • Rubulator and Hairy Russian Dude like this

#14 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:25 PM

HM,

Moon will never scare me, I have four of these guys at my disposal.

Good luck!

MM3D_Giant_Model.png?version=094810f177b

#15 Highway Man

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

#16 Highway Man

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

HM,

Moon will never scare me, I have four of these guys at my disposal.
Good luck!

MM3D_Giant_Model.png?version=094810f177b

Good luck with whatever the heck that is....
norris.jpg
  • Capn Cackler likes this

#17 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:16 PM

You might be too young for that game reference HM.

Someone will get it!

#18 Highway Man

Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:21 PM

Someone will get it!

I'm Sure Rubulator would get it...

#19 Rubulator

Posted 28 December 2019 - 05:43 AM

Someone will get it!

I'm Sure Rubulator would get it...

I'm stumped. 

• Highway Man likes this

#20 WarWizard

Posted 28 December 2019 - 09:18 AM

ok, without going into a long story, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all software. The issue I see now is in my system32 folder I do not see pnkbstra.exe or pnkbstrb.exe, yes I have win7 not 10. Firewall allows but can't communicate with PB server, Web error Have gone to evenbalance and downloaded the latest PBsetup. Only error I get is when it's testing those 2 in the system32 folder when I run the PB test. 

ANY IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com