Photo

Still getting gfx glitches

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Moose Springsteen

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

Checkerboard pink & black where I suppose particle fx (explosions) should be...

Is it just me or has this become the de facto state of DOD:S? Can't remember it doing this a few years back, some bits of DOD:S just getting worse IMHO.

#2 Lin

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

I don't get that happening at all, yet others in game have said they still see pink/black issues.

No clue what is causing this.
  • Moose Springsteen likes this

#3 Moose Springsteen

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

I don't get that happening at all, yet others in game have said they still see pink/black issues.

No clue what is causing this.

Ja I still getting some, certain maps worse than others (Crash is pretty bad for me).

#4 Sillyminion

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Crash is bad for me, basically anytime a grenade goes off near water (though the beach on Palermo seems to be uneffected) I get that effect. Especially when lining up a shot and half the screen goes kaput for just a split second.

#5 Lin

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Buck was calling that "tearing" last night.

It's odd that some get it and some don't. I'll send up a "new" copy of the map in case something has gotten corrupted. If some of you experiencing this can do me a favor and delete your crash map, let's see if we can pin down whether it is serverside or client side.

Also, does it only happen on the Stock Maps server or also on Kettle or Stomping?

#6 Monkey

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Also if you can include a screenshot of the issue it will help us locate the issue.

This way we can look and see if its something custom thats not being transferred or it Steam has an issue with things we can report to them and get it addressed

#7 Moose Springsteen

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

Buck was calling that "tearing" last night. It's odd that some get it and some don't. I'll send up a "new" copy of the map in case something has gotten corrupted. If some of you experiencing this can do me a favor and delete your crash map, let's see if we can pin down whether it is serverside or client side.Also, does it only happen on the Stock Maps server or also on Kettle or Stomping?

Pretty sure I get it on other servers (not noticed on Kettle as no1 is ever on there) and have for some time (months?). Doubt it's a Moonies issue. As Minion says, it's mostly nade fx that kinda blind you with this horrible screen glitch.

Will try to remember to make a screengrab for Mr Monkey next time map is on.

Edit: Here ya go.

Posted Image

Oops hope it's not too big for you! :blink:

#8 Monkey

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Once you get the map redownloaded and have issues please let us know if its the same or if anything has changed.

Sadly, the nades problem... the server doesnt send that info out thats part of your local game so you may have to verify your game files in your Steam tools

#9 Lin

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Some get it, some don't, and others look different from your screenie.

I wonder if this could be a graphics card/driver issue?

I don't get it. I run an nVidia 660, but I don't know what driver I use, I'll see if I can track that down.

edit: current driver version 306.97
latest driver version 314.22

#10 Moose Springsteen

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

Some get it, some don't, and others look different from your screenie.

I wonder if this could be a graphics card/driver issue?

I don't get it. I run an nVidia 660, but I don't know what driver I use, I'll see if I can track that down.

edit: current driver version 306.97
latest driver version 314.22

Yep could well be a driver issue. It doesn't seem so pronounced now, and now the glitch is always pink rather than purple & black squares like before.

Using an AMD 7950 btw with 13.1 drivers. Possibly the stuttering is caused by the same issue, new AMD beta drivers supposed to cure that in some games, not others...

#11 Lin

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

I updated my nvidia driver last night, we'll see how that affects the games.

#12 Moose Springsteen

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

I updated my nvidia driver last night, we'll see how that affects the games.

Nvidia certainly seem to keep on top of their driver updates, AMD often seem to take ages to fix minor issues (and even longer for major ones)... :unsure:

#13 Lin

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

This is a built-in game glitch. Kerfuffle found something online about this and it's the game, not us.

#14 Moose Springsteen

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

This is a built-in game glitch. Kerfuffle found something online about this and it's the game, not us.

Yeah, I suspected as much. The game is deteriorating, not improving <_<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com