Photo

Server crash?/plaeyrs gone?/game experience change?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Steve2112

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

Hi guys and girls!

I realize that some may consider this source and that's okay. I'm not here to accuse. Just get a feel for things.

On Wednesday 4/22/15 about 9pm EDST the server crashed...and I noticed almost complete turnover of players. Admin (angry) gone many top players like hilly suddenly gone. It was weird! Went from 36 players to 20 for a whole map.

I am curious what happen in the crash...and why not only players are gone but admin and top players. I also noticed a big change in "game play". I realize there are a lot of factors involved...but hoping you can provide some insight. Am willing to listen and learn. THANKS!

#2 Renlist

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

A server reset happens periodically and can't really be prevented because the game was never properly updated as time went on.  So the server resets to the same map which noone wants to go thru again so they leave in droves, l do too.  Unfortunately, about 75% of the time there's no game admin on board to reset the server and go on to the next map. 

#3 Steve2112

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:39 PM

Thanks renlist. I would think a crash would attract admin. Especially when they were playing at the time. Oh well.

#4 Renlist

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

MoonGamers is recruiting for more game mods and admins, but it's a slow process, and rightfully so.

#5 posi

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

I'd agree with a portion of the reply.  I feel our staff is sufficient and a small team of veterans serves us better then newly trained volunteers.  There is more to cope with post gamespy shutdown.  Applications are open but there has been no 'call for new applicants that I am aware of.  

I'd also reverse that %75..   %75 of the time the server crashes there 'is' an admin present.   He or She may be behind the scenes untagged but nevertheless present.  In rare case when was is not, a good portion of the player-base knows how to reach an off duty admin to move the server forward. 

Some crashes are to be expected.  We can take action to keep them to a minimum.  Unfortunately..  we also fend off attacks on the server and are not always successful.  Sometimes this can cause a period where new players cannot join.  You may have experienced this.  

Our players working with us is the best thing.  Know that we will be there trying to keep things running as smooth as possible and take actions that also benefit the server.    

Players can avoid team-stacking, or switch sides when one side is far too strong. This is good to keep in mind after server crashes and early morning / late night.   Crashes..  hurt, yes.. but an infusion of loyalty to the server helps weather those storms tremendously!

#6 Renlist

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:43 PM

I'm talking 10:00PM PDT.

I suppose during peak hours an admin is present. 

Kindly set an alarm that alerts all admins 24/7 so you all can see to things.   OK?  

Make it the first thing you do tomorrow.   

Thanks a million.

#7 posi

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:00 AM

- Admin on call thread -  

Alarm set , I'm afraid I am unavailable in the morning.  

#8 Steve2112

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

Thanks for the response posi. 

Very sad that "attacks" happen. Sheesh. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com