Photo

Fps loss problems,unplayable.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 BlackMesa Security

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

For some damn reason over the last year or so I get this random loss of FPS when I play from the CD based 42. Never ever has this problem come up before. But the game is unplayable.  Ive tried reinstalling and sometimes it works. Here lately not so much. If I use the Origin version I have no problem except I cant play on Sundays because of RtR/SW expansions. Havent found a way to add those to the Origin version.  Any help would be appreciated.

#2 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:58 PM

What system u have, processor etc ? What video settings u use ?

#3 King of the Squirrels

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

Try This. I have been having same trouble. Window power management some how got reset to power saver mode on my computer. I had to reset it to high performance. So far it fixed my problem. Find it under control panel.

#4 Captain Australia

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:02 PM

Could be overheating causing fps loss - have you checked temps of graphics card and cpu? I had an issue of fps loss which was caused by build up of dust in the videocard - blowing out the dust with an air can fixed the problem.

#5 gregefc

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:18 PM

http://team-simple.o...ons_of_WWII.zip

http://team-simple.o...oad_to_Rome.zip

Just download the expansions with those two links. That's what I did the last time I had been playing with origin.

#6 BlackMesa Security

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:52 PM

My system is a i5-4670K, 16Gigs RAM, Gigabyte Radeaon r9-270X, Sound Blaster sound card and one HDD and 2 SSDs.

Ive checked temps they are pretty normal. I played an hour of Arma3 and 2 of Dayz Mod and did not drop  fps in any unusual spots. Temps were normal. It's just in BF42. That game starts out fine then its just a slow decline of about 20 minutes.I'll try the power management thing and see if that helps.

#7 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

U can try that razor program to improve how your PC run game....

www.razerzone.com/cortex/game-booster -
Enhance your gaming performance by unlocking your system's potential with performance enhancing and optimization tools.

#8 Lin

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:33 AM

1942 is a very old game. Assign only one core to it and let me know if that works for you.

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

#9 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

1942 is a very old game. Assign only one core to it and let me know if that works for you.

I just did that aswell, thanks for the tip. I'll have a look this week if my lag/low fps is gone/ better.

#10 Rabid_Animal

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

Check your ati control center too. Make sure the settings are set to game defaults and not game override 16xAA and AF etc. The old refractor game engine never seemed to like anything over the 4-8x range. Also set the game resolution to match the default native resolution of your monitor. A lot of new monitors suffer fps/ millisecond drops in anything below their native format.

#11 BlackMesa Security

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

How do I assign one core to BF42?

#12 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

Try what Rabid say.

#13 BlackMesa Security

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:31 PM

K. I ll try that too. I assume you guys mean put stuff in application settings?

#14 Renlist

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:09 PM

Just use the Origin BF194242.  As said earlier, the expansion paks are free and just need to be downloaded and installed, and by default they will work without doing anything else.  Problem solved. Origin BF1942 is cheap.

#15 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:24 AM

How do I assign one core to BF42?

How I did it:

Make sure your account is an administrator, open the game, ctrl alt delete to bring up taskmanager, go to processes, right click on Bf1942 and click set affinity and then you can select which core you want it to run on.

P.S. If you are in game, hit ~   and type   fps 1    in the console and it will show you your fps in the upper left corner.

#16 King of the Squirrels

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

I tired that as well with the single core. The thing that fixed the lag for me was the razor game boost. Run the game booster. I had the exact same issue. every 20 mins unplayable lag. I have ssd drive. I think it in the windows file system.

www.razerzone.com/cortex/game-booster

#17 BlackMesa Security

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

K. Thanks for the all help guys.

#18 Lin

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

Have any of these suggestions worked for ya?

#19 BlackMesa Security

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

Well the Razor Booster seemed to work till BF totally crashed. I'm pretty sure that is a whole other problem that has nothing to do with the fps problem. This weekend ill redo the drive and try again.

#20 Grinch

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

Early SSD's seem to be quite crappy, I have already thrown 2 out that once formatted they have become basically useless.

And they were dying already, once wiped the drive it totally finished them, I could use them as storage, but as windows drives useless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com