Photo

Discussion: Time to Start Fresh... Exile 1.0.4 "Pineapple" Update

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CrDraggin

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

Hey Everyone,

As many of you long-timer Arma'ers know, Arma likes to hold on to stuff in the database and most of us are hoarders. In order to freshen things up and get to start over, a server wipe is usually a good thing to do every year or so. The last full wipe of this server a little over a year ago and so I think it is getting close to that time.

So, with the new Exile out, I will be updating the server and moving all stuff over. I wanted to see what other thoughts were before just enjoying hitting the delete key across the database.

I know some will not like this, but overall it does freshen up play and get new players coming in because server performance typically is greatly enhanced from a wipe.

Thanks for having an open-mind,

Cr

#2 bucketinkansas

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

new mod on exile been year or longer since last wipe lets start over doesn't matter to me. 

#3 BOVA

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

I have to accept it but I don't have to agree with it. I am not the only person who disagrees with it either.

I'm not saying it is not a good idea to do it if the server is having a lot of problems. We build it though and it gets deleted.

We earn it and hoard it and it gets taken away. Some people feel like why bother to build or collect things only to have them to be taken away.

I respect other peoples opinions on this issue. Hope I didn't step on any toes.

#4 Treleifin

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:01 PM

I'm good either way, but I would like to say that some of the fun in the game is survival. Getting out and going from place to place is actually part of the game, so fresh starts are not necessarily a bad thing. And I'm not going to go stomp off and pull my support just because it doesn't go a way that I don't like. So I'm good with however we move forward.

#5 TomR

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:50 AM

Seems to be more of a statement then any sort of question. "before just enjoying hitting the delete key across the database."

• CrDraggin likes this

#6 bucketinkansas

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:01 AM

Perhaps give more time for other people to give votes in maybe a advert on the screen? I know some of those don't log in every other week. :nade:

#7 Treleifin

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

I have a couple questions that are just for curiosity sake and not a reflection of what I think of everything.

1. Are you keeping character data or wiping it as well?

2. Would you be willing to let the Altis map stay as it is, but put up the new map with the understanding that it would be wiped every year?

#8 Skinlesshorizon

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

I don't care, still i would like to keep my "hoarded" collection of stuff, but i understand a wipe.

#9 CrDraggin

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

I have a couple questions that are just for curiosity sake and not a reflection of what I think of everything.

1. Are you keeping character data or wiping it as well?
- This would be a full wipe. I personally feel keeping characters the same and money/respect the same make it harder to re-live the game and refresh the excitement. If you can just go re-buy all the stuff, then why wipe?

2. Would you be willing to let the Altis map stay as it is, but put up the new map with the understanding that it would be wiped every year?
I need to update the version of Exile. There are database edits and they are not very different, but it would match upgrades all over.

#10 turbo

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

I'm just curious. What do you guys and girls do in game after you have everything? Just keep getting stuff and putting it in containers? Please don't take this the wrong way I am generally curious cause I get super bored after I get the vehicles I want, build a base and have more poptabs than I know what to do with

#11 Dr Bones

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:57 PM

what is going on I thought we were starting fresh???   if ya'll brought the old database  ya'll brought all the clutter and other glitches with it.  i thought that was the purpose of the new server box?   am i loading the wrong IP?  moongamers    172.241.112.112:2302 

#12 Captian Brian

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:06 AM

being new to arma 3 - I really have little inventory but did get a ton of help from other players.  But a refresh is fine and part of the game.  Maybe there could be some help in getting a starter kit for new players like me.  if it wasn't for the hoarders,, I would 

still be trying to get the tabs to buy a shirt. :)  Everybody hates it - but it is a necessity

#13 BOVA

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:32 AM

Good post Brian. Since we are doing a server wipe. Are you going to incorporate laws of war and the tanks DLC into the server? This would be a good time to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com