Photo

Capitalize on Improvements to Bring Moons Server Back to Life

Improvements maps ctf

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The Muffin Man

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

I respectfully request that a few things be discussed by Sr Admins to breathe new life into Moons 1942 Server. I love this place and more effort needs to be done by everyone to help bring this back to life. I as a hard core camper (at times) agree with the new camping rule. That is for starters. Now below are some other mild improvements that if possible, i believe would add and enhance the overall experience for all. 

Along with the anti camping rule, i ask the following be considered:

1. Consider adding more maps to the rotation and changing them up each week or 2. Having the same 8 maps every week is boring when there are over 20 maps to play on. I would ask that the higher ups in Moon pay a visit over to the Ax server. Ax is great because they have over 16 maps at any one time and many many new improvements made.

Also some of the maps that we dont see often that should be added / considered are:

Battle of the Buldge

Battle Axe CTF

Midway

Stalingrad

Berlin

Kursk

and so on. (add some requests below)

2. Add some CTF (at least 1 or 2 into the rotation) to give more players who drool for CTF something to look forward too. 

3. Add troop spawn for the team in the M1A1 Troop transport to the maps. This makes for awesome strategy on a whole team effort to spawn at points never thought of. Is very exciting in Omaha!

4. Stop the extension of time on Market Garden. This adding of time has become over-rated and i understand you guys who are admins have trained to do this as statiscs show it populates the map. However, it also frustrates a lot of players who may have been there for an hour or more on the same map only for a new player to come and say "more time:" when other players are looking forward to the map changing after having played it for 45mins to 1 hour or more. 

I ask that everyone speak out on this and lend your opinion so the higher ups here can weigh their options appropriately. 

Thank you for your time in reading and speaking. 

See in the game! 

Muff. 

#2 Moving Target

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:53 PM

I 2nd his thoughts.

Personally I think some changes need to happen on omaha. Playing earlier with 6-10 people a side it was a great back/forth capturing/recapturing flags. Once the population got higher, it just turned into a nade/expack fest. I know on Axe they have it so you only get 1-3 nades per life, plus the APC for troop spawn makes it a whole new game.

#3 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:29 PM

I beat you to this.

http://www.moongamer...showtopic=65290

Instead of many threads on map changes, lets try conglomerating them into one thread that the higher ups can sift through.

Although the higher ups do not seem concerned about map change requests.

#4 Angerfist

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:35 PM

I respectfully request that a few things be discussed by Sr Admins to breathe new life into Moons 1942 Server. I love this place and more effort needs to be done by everyone to help bring this back to life. I as a hard core camper (at times) agree with the new camping rule. That is for starters. Now below are some other mild improvements that if possible, i believe would add and enhance the overall experience for all. 

Along with the anti camping rule, i ask the following be considered:

1. Consider adding more maps to the rotation and changing them up each week or 2. Having the same 8 maps every week is boring when there are over 20 maps to play on. I would ask that the higher ups in Moon pay a visit over to the Ax server. Ax is great because they have over 16 maps at any one time and many many new improvements made.

Also some of the maps that we dont see often that should be added / considered are:

Battle of the Buldge

Battle Axe CTF

Midway

Stalingrad

Berlin

Kursk

and so on. (add some requests below)

2. Add some CTF (at least 1 or 2 into the rotation) to give more players who drool for CTF something to look forward too. 

3. Add troop spawn for the team in the M1A1 Troop transport to the maps. This makes for awesome strategy on a whole team effort to spawn at points never thought of. Is very exciting in Omaha!

4. Stop the extension of time on Market Garden. This adding of time has become over-rated and i understand you guys who are admins have trained to do this as statiscs show it populates the map. However, it also frustrates a lot of players who may have been there for an hour or more on the same map only for a new player to come and say "more time:" when other players are looking forward to the map changing after having played it for 45mins to 1 hour or more. 

I ask that everyone speak out on this and lend your opinion so the higher ups here can weigh their options appropriately. 

Thank you for your time in reading and speaking. 

See in the game! 

Muff. 

After the thousand times I asked you to stop the hardcore camping because of killing the pop, it's quite ironic to read how you are "agreeing with the rule".

• Joker (Aut), Captain John H. Miller and Bot like this

#5 The Muffin Man

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:30 AM

I am sure i speak for a great many of players here Angerfist....as well as other Sr Admins....Its stuff like this and your negative comments that you just posted Angerfirst that gets everyone here nowhere. Instead of offering solutions....you Angerfist instead, run your mouth full of hate and offer only to stir the pot and cause people to be upset and angry in this discussion with 2 other Admins liking your comments (of which has nothing positive to offer as well). Everyone sees this and i would imagine it wont bode well for future readers reading your comments.

All of us, including yourself Angerfist has camped...Tell me i am wrong!? We have a problem, past discussion has led to another possible solution as we see now. Do not run your efforts for not. Offer words of encouragement that people can think about to come up with more POSITIVE solutions.  

BTW - You have not asked me a thousand times but maybe a once or twice that i can recall. I really do not play that much on moon much anymore and only play a few hours on mornings on weekends because there is no pop in moon in the mornings on weekdays. Funny, i dont ever see you play all that much on mornings here on moon but on other servers like ax i have seen you.

You guys created the rule that basecamping was allowed....Hell, you'all even said it was encouraged. Not you got a problem...Look for solutions man. Dont run your comments ragged only to create more problems.     

#6 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:05 AM

You guys created the rule that basecamping was allowed....Hell, you'all even said it was encouraged.

Here you are wrong;

-There was(/is) no rule that allows basecamp. Other servers made rules that don't allow baseattack/camp. A rule = gameplay restriction in some way, allowing baseattack/camp is no restriction. Now we have a real rule, but it is not a full no baseattack/camp rule like the other servers.

-We don't encourage basecamp, that is something made up by some players. 

To your initial post;

- A CTF map calls for an admin most times, so you would probably not see it in the rotation.

- I like the idea of the movable spawnpoints, like in APCs.

- Bulge, Stalin and Berlin are in the rotation, at least every 8 weeks or so. I believe Berlin was in a week or 2 ago.

BTW maps are being worked on, together with some other good ideas that will hopefully affect player skill/gameplay for the better.

P.S. I like it you took the time to make a topic like this, which show you care for the server in some sort of way.

• Rubulator likes this

#7 Harriet Tubman

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:39 AM

The apc spawns are pretty nice, especially on omaha.
  • Dindu_Nuffins likes this

#8 Angerfist

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:25 PM

I am sure i speak for a great many of players here Angerfist....as well as other Sr Admins....Its stuff like this and your negative comments that you just posted Angerfirst that gets everyone here nowhere. Instead of offering solutions....you Angerfist instead, run your mouth full of hate and offer only to stir the pot and cause people to be upset and angry in this discussion with 2 other Admins liking your comments (of which has nothing positive to offer as well). Everyone sees this and i would imagine it wont bode well for future readers reading your comments.

All of us, including yourself Angerfist has camped...Tell me i am wrong!? We have a problem, past discussion has led to another possible solution as we see now. Do not run your efforts for not. Offer words of encouragement that people can think about to come up with more POSITIVE solutions.  

BTW - You have not asked me a thousand times but maybe a once or twice that i can recall. I really do not play that much on moon much anymore and only play a few hours on mornings on weekends because there is no pop in moon in the mornings on weekdays. Funny, i dont ever see you play all that much on mornings here on moon but on other servers like ax i have seen you.

You guys created the rule that basecamping was allowed....Hell, you'all even said it was encouraged. Not you got a problem...Look for solutions man. Dont run your comments ragged only to create more problems.     

Negative comments ? Please. I have tried to convince you in the past as a player (because there was no rule) to stop with the hardcore camping many many times in the last years. For the obvious reason that 5 guys raping main in a 7 vs 7 scenario for 15 minutes obviously isn't healthy for the server pop. I tried to explain that very often. You laughed hard about it (together with others) and kept on scorepadding. Therefore I think it's very ironic to see you making a post about "agreeing" and "reviving". If that's negativtiy for you, ok.

Yeah, you'll find me in your main once in a while. For a drive by, for a short amount of time. But we're not talking about a tiny bit of camping. Comparing my camping behavior with yours is comparing ants with elephants. (see above)

I tried to offer "positive" solutions since years. A positive solution would have been to simply stop when it's getting too heavy. (see above)

"Once or twice" is nothing but a joke.

What role does my server choice play here ? (none)

We have a problem because players don't use common sense (or are simply egoistic and don't care about the pop) when it comes to camping. That "camping is encouraged" was more or less a joke, but became the dogma for the brainiacs. As if we would encourage that the server gets camped to death. Awesome that you hide behind that statement.

The solution is this rule.

#9 Grassy

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:33 PM

I like the APC spawn idea on non-plane maps.   In addition a second seat spawn in the ACHI would be nice on WAKE and IWO.  

Muff you and I have had our differences in the past however In all fairness I have witnessed people asking "Can we base camp here?"  and responses were "Yes it's encouraged" by players and admins.

Now the man is just bringing some sound ideas to the forum which are actually pretty  good.  Can we please stop the bickering and get some productive discussion.  

Let us at least have the professionalism to take any personal differences to  PM. 

Enough please.

#10 King of the Squirrels

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:28 PM

Hey everyone

When you make a point defend said point. Do not stay from the point your trying to make. Win or lose on merits of your points. Branding anyone for one thing as cryonic is neither fair or correct. So drop the small petty drama stuff.

Let me give you a example.

Muffin Man, "I would like to see more less played maps in rotation".  That a fair point. "Actually I asked to increase the number of maps in rotation per week". Let see what happens. Attacking someone personally weaken your case. Let your points of your merits speak. Taken something in past and saying this happens once then brands someone forever is incorrect.  Moon has allowed the game to be play in original form of the game. Camping is a of style of play.  You can camp or not< it is the players choice. I feel I started here from nearly day one of Moongamers.  I have never seen a MoonGamers policy to encourage camping.  There always have been rules to limit camping not the other way around. LOL.

What a player says in game does always speak the correct MoonGamer policy. ActualMoonGamers rules and Policies are posted in and out of game.

Depending on time and number of players we can run less played maps.  There will be times when we are doing different things at the administration level and cannot accommodate map request. Admin availability and behind the scenes server business often play a larger roll in map selection. Players often forget that part. Example is server crashes and administration business.

Different types of maps require a admin being present to be run. CTF Expansion, and other maps.

Simply make a map request and see what happens. Sometimes we can play your request map other not.

Moon has a forum for a reason.  Simple make request to add a APC Spawner.  It may or may not happen.  So try it.  Make a nice request to add a APC spawner.

Moon always had allowed and encourage our players and Admins to be player and play the games, mods. None of our player base is required to play only on MoonGamers never has.  All players are welcome as long as the play by MoonGamers rules.  Simple enough for a squirrel to understand.  See yah in the game!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Improvements, maps, ctf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com