Photo

Admin Abuse? Or new policy about equipment?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Angelito

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:02 PM

I was playing as axis at Wake Island (Monday  around 15:30), I was at the carrier waiting for a Zero to respawn and an admin was waiting for planes too when he tells me to stop camping the planes so other people can fly , off course I though he was talking about camping the enemy Airfield (we've been playing for some time), but when I get the zero and I was taking off I got kicked. It took me just seconds to reconnect and I found that now the zero is in the hands of .......... yeah you got it , the very same admin who kicked me .

I asked him and he said I was ordered by him not to use planes and that's why I got kicked

Well if that's not admin abuse I assume Moongamers will be posting a thread to specify the amount of time you can use each equipment/vehicle. I wonder if it will be restricted by time , score, or will just depends of the feeling of the admin to use it .................

Irony off.

I had no trouble with any admin before and being one myself many years ago I know it's a pain in the A... to stop your play to put some order or to kick ppl, in fact you cant admin as pilot, you crash.

I think this is a great server and community and the admins in general are doing a great work, but I need to know if this kind of behavior of limiting the use of equipment will be a constant of this server/admin and by what parameters it will be enforced...........

Thanks for your time

#2 8-Man

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:35 PM

Your first kick was for ignoring my request for you to share equipment rather than continuing to monopolize the only Zero spawning on the map at the time.  Previously, you had switched teams to Axis from Allied when they lost control of the airfield and you could no longer camp aircraft there.  I attempted to get your attention for that, but you ignored my calls then as well so I let it go.

Your second kick came when you rejoined the server only to call out admin abuse.  I asked you to take it to this forum but you persisted.

Then your final kick came for the same reason as the second.

In order to play in a community atmosphere you must learn to share in it's resources.  Most players like to rotate through various bits of equipment.  When one person is monopolizing that equipment and even switches sides in order to do so it isn't healthy for the community and only serves to anger those you are playing with.

In this case, many people thanked me for kicking you.   Please reflect upon this episode and learn to share.

• dodgem and mistamontiel like this

#3 Angelito

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

I didn't notice your request,  and sure there a lot of ppl thanking you just because I killed to much, that's not argument

the main issue remains

and when you manage to make all the good pilots to migrate to an other server.....WHAT'S NEXT?

"GEt OUT OF THE M10 BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE IT TOO MUCH TIME, GIVE IT TO ME OR I WILL KICK YOU" ????

BTW. you claim you did that for the community or the gameplay..................,  but the one taking the Zero WAS YOU!!!!

#4 Renlist

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

Here's what's lousy about plane camping. It's 16 vs.16 on a map like MG, and there are 5 constant plane campers at the airfield. Add in a few snipers who are out in no man's land somewhere, plus a couple of jokers doing nothing, and that leaves about 4 of us out of 16 actively trying to cap flags. Truly pathetic. 

#5 Angelito

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:20 AM

Well there seems to be a rule  (for this admin) against monopolizing vehicles that I never heard about and I got kicked because I didn't understand the warning (I would have fought it anyway) and the admin itself wants to use the same plane I was waiting for.

First time I see this and for me this is an Admin Abuse of privileges.

I hope Moongamers make a clear statement to correct this kind of action, but if this is allow I ask Moongamers to explain in detail how they will manage this rule, how much time we get for every vehicle, how much time until we reset our right to use the vehicle again? does a death will count as a reset or not?

Or it will depend only on how is the admin's  mood  at that moment, if the abuser is a friend of him? If he is a player the admin does not like? If the "Abuser" is another Admin? If the "Abuser" is using a vehicle the admins wants? If the abuser is killing a lot of the admin's teammates? and other insane variables................??

#6 Grassy

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:30 AM

Sometimes things are not necessarily black or white, the main objective of an admins duty is to maintain continuity in the server and a good mood of the majority of the population.

No one is trying to run anyone off...however it is the admins right to ask someone to take it easy..it isn't personal ...it is just for the mood of the server...that is an admins first and foremost duty.

Ya know if I am in the arty or battleship or in a plane...and yes I do well in a plane too... I know the difference of when and when not too run up a score.  Ya know something else?  If I am in a plane ...I don't camp the runways...I will take out AA ..but I always let them up off the ground.  If I see the respected pilots repairing on the other team..I do a fly by and let them up...it's called respect :)

There is being good and knowing it and the entire server knowing it..I don't think anyone of our seasoned players has anything to prove.  However the truly best players that have the ability to run up a 60-0..have a sense of humility to know when to do it and when not too.  

#7 Angelito

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:48 AM

I don't recall that round to being a blood bath, in fact I think axis (my team) was losing,

I don't recall people asking for planes, I don't remember more than 3  players (including me) waiting for planes at the carrier.

The very same person who now claims goodsport for the population for taking me out of a plane with a kick is the one who keeps the plane.  goodsport indeed, for himself only.

He wanted a plane and he got it in a dirty way.

I will not play in a server where that thing can happen at anytime, many will not care, many will be happy,  but the next one forced to leave a plane for the same reason could be Lifi, and then another, who knows? and then what?

#8 mistamontiel

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:40 AM

So he wanted it .. tanto sal

Don't be salty :confused-smiley-013:

#9 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

Let me start by saying I do not have nor have I ever had issues with 8-man,

but I definitely do not agree with this situation and the reason for kicking.

8, you have to look at this from a spectator's point of view. You were waiting for a plane, another guy got it, you kicked him and hopped in the plane. You may legitimately have been trying to force a sharing of equipment but this does look bad on you. In the future I would recommend you do not take the equipment immediately after kicking someone out of it. And would you be able to provide a chat log showing the players thanking you for kicking him? I don't remember the last time I saw people complaining about someone hogging a plane. Again, not an attack on you by any means, but if you're concerned about community health you need to put yourself on the other side of things and see how this situation looks.

And if there is going to be kicking for hogging equipment, you guys need to set standard guidelines. Angelito, I am assuming, was grabbing a plane, dying, grabbing a plane, dying, etc. but ultimately had a plane for a long period of time and did not allow others to use it. I have yet to see Twilight (for example, nothing personal) kicked for being in a plane for an extended amount of time thus not allowing others to use it. In case anyone is about to mention pilot skill and a point about one having more of a right to planes to help the team, keep in mind:

"In order to play in a community atmosphere you must learn to share in it's resources.  Most players like to rotate through various bits of equipment.  When one person is monopolizing that equipment and even switches sides in order to do so it isn't healthy for the community and only serves to anger those you are playing with."

Pleading a case for pilot skill making it acceptable for them to have a plane all round goes against this community spirit.

On the other side of things, Angelito, it is a dink move to switch teams for personal gain. Not worth getting kicked over but a dink move nonetheless.

My two cents: 8-man sets a precedent where an admin finally admits going a little overboard, Angelito admits it was a dink move he pulled, moon sets a standard for future kicks that would also apply to guys like twilight (again nothing personal you're just damn good and I need you to express my point), life moves on.

#10 Colonel Tavington

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:03 PM

Ya know if I am in the arty or battleship or in a plane...and yes I do well in a plane too... I know the difference of when and when not too run up a score.  Ya know something else?  If I am in a plane ...I don't camp the runways...I will take out AA ..but I always let them up off the ground.  If I see the respected pilots repairing on the other team..I do a fly by and let them up...it's called respect :)

If only the game could be modded so that we could do this...

Star-Spangled-War-143.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com