Photo

BS !!!!!!!!11!11!11!eleven

ONE SHOT ? HOW DID YOU KNOW ?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Angerfist

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:19 AM

Getting tired of the constant direct and indirect accusations. How come that people who play this since 10 years still don't get the physics of this game ?

"Smells hacky in here"

Last week, I had to bail out of my tank while fighting for a flag. A guy came around the corner, so I switched to pistol. He switched to expack (when did "switch to pistol" in close combat turned to "switch to nades / expacks" ???). I was able to shoot 4 bullets into his face before he could throw his lamepack. His comment : "It smells hacky in here". A big surprise that shooting 4 bullets is quicker than expacking. Thank god I have the quick pistol shoot hack. I don't. Just in case some brainiac doesn't get the joke. 

"How did you know I was there ?"

Maybe I simply saw you. Maybe you were too close to the wall, so your name tag was visible. Maybe I saw you earlier, but didn't attack you instantly. Maybe a teammate told me in gamechat or in Teamspeak. Maybe I simply didn't know that you were there, but I simply put a shell there because that's a common spot you were hiding in. In other words, there is a big chance that someone is in that certain spot. No magic involved. A skilled pilot uses the minimap and the different views constantly. They see a lot from up there, and, believe it or not, a lot of moves are very predictable. :afro:

One shot ? I had full health / my tank was at 100 %

Yes. One shot can be enough. One hit with the knife, one single headshot, one treadshot / shot in the back or side of a tank ----> boom. Dead. One shot. No magic involved. While tanking, you rarely can be sure that it was just one guy shooting at you. There can always be a second guy nading or shooting at you from another side too.

I shot a whole clip into him and nothing !!!

Very old game + huge ping differences. Spray and pray doesn't work that well. It's that simple. Hearing guys with low ping whining this way makes me laugh. If it happens to you with a 50 ping, imagine how it is with a 130 ping. 

He hit me while I was in the bunker !!!

A skilled pilot or a skilled tanker will bomb / shoot through the door or the other open areas. Period.

Right, killing a plane with a RIFLE !!!

When the damn plane is already damaged hard, you can finish it off with a bullet. If your K98 was the last weapon which hit the plane (aka taking away the last third of a bar), you will get the kill.

BSing after nading / expacking your feet, killing yourself but not the enemy

Seriously ? I mean you just threw explosives at your feet, don't be surprised when you kill yourself. If your enemy moves in a clever way, he'll get less damage than you. You just threw explosives at your own feet. Surprise, it hurts. Try the pistol. :smiley_369:

That sniper / pilot / whatever is BS! (quote from last night)

Why, because he is better than you ? "Nobody can be that good" ? How do you know that ? Please explain it to me. :confused-smiley-013:

"Now I know why I'm not good here. It's because of all the cheaters." (direct quote from last night)

In case you aren't just a random troll : maybe you're not good here because you simply aren't that good. Get good.  :wasnt-me:

It's no shame that others might be better than you. But that constant BS ! talk is. Keep in mind that people change their names. So, just because you don't know the player name, it doesn't mean that this guy is hacking. It's very often simply a known player using a different name.

And in general : the most hackers (over 90 % if I have to estimate) who get caught by us are not getting good kdrs and usually do not have any significant impact on how the round ends. Believe it or not.

• Lin, Tarawa/Troutzilla, posi and 7 others like this

#2 Harriet Tubman

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:30 AM

sorry but this sounds like something a hacky would say to try to deflect from being a hacky and lulz if u think ur logic and big words are gonna change my young christian mind

#3 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:45 AM

#4 Angerfist

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:48 AM

Two troll posts as the first two answers ! A good start :D

#5 Dr. Detroit

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

I'm with you  Angerfist, let it go.   It frustrates and pisses me off as well - I just log off and return later when the looser is gone.

After ten years no patches or updates - lame ass cheaters are gonna cheat because they can get away with it.   No doubt their mate knows they are 30 second wonders in the sack and they can't cheat or hack their way out of that that.   < you make the pun :) >    The assclowns that gotta cheat probably have a small dick also.

There are some that have some serious BF1942 skilz - I'll give them that.  Usually those with a skill it is limited to certain scenario ( piloting , sniping )  everything else they are mortal.  My particular skill is getting killed.   :)

Don't worry about the cheaters, someday we will read an article how they got caught in Vegas cheating, and we will never hear their name again.

• Grassy likes this

#6 Jubilee

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:32 AM

I'm totally guilty of popping the same hackusators in the head over and over and then laughing about it. The more they react, the more fun it is. BUT because I don't want them to get kicked and have the server lose pop, I usually change my nick so they don't keep freaking out lol. Eh, it's a win-win. 

I completely accept that there are certain players out there who will never understand the physics of this game even though they genuinely think they do. Such as those who spam their gaming "resume" as evidence of how knowledgeable they are. I've given up trying to help or explain it to these individuals. They are what they are. No loss in my book.

And Detriot: To quote something along the lines of what HT has said in the past, there is no really good sniper who is only good at sniping. There is no really good pilot who is only good at flying. =)

• Twilight and Hairy Russian Dude like this

#7 Colonel Tavington

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:42 AM

I'm anxiously awaiting the day when I'm accused of having a hack for running over people with a jeep.  The thrill of the grill...

• Dr. Detroit and (ECGN)BladeRunner like this

#8 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

Do what I do Anger....

Play so poorly that NOBODY realizes I have all the hacks!

BUT because I don't want them to get kicked and have the server lose pop, I usually change my nick so they don't keep freaking out lol.

Much respect for this!

• dodgem and Jubilee like this

#9 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:55 PM

i dont get how people dont just assume wonky physics are to blame.  how many times have we seen people's limbs sticking out from bunkers? granted 95% of the time i'll pass and leave them alone,but sometimes its just too tempting to shoot someone in the foot.. if that sort of wonkiness can happen to other people,whats to stop it from happening to you?

one day i hope to master the quick shot to the expacker's face. id rather someone kick my mother and insult my dog than do that crap to me.

#10 mexican eskimo

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:15 PM

#1 is so true.  I have 0 respect for xpackers, it's just such a cheap way to make a living.

If they think your hacking, it means they think your good.

#11 Angerfist

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:09 PM

"amazing how you all the sudden saw me there. like you have eyes on the back of your head" (direct quote from a few minutes ago)

Option A : I just turned my turret around at the right time, so I was lucky that I saw you. I was told that checking my six can save my life, so I keep on doing it.

Option B : I heard the sound of your jeep.

Option C : Somebody in my team warned me.

Option D : I used the views to check my back.

Option E : I'm a hacker.

Make your choice.

#12 Steve2112

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

If I may comment...without any pissing match. I've sort of given up on this topic, and simply leave the game if things are going unsatisfactory for me. Now I do, anyway. 

So...probably going to say some things you have all heard before, boo-hoo right? But like I said, it's being brought up again, which does sound a little bit like the people being complained about, tbh. But this is the place to do it! right? 

Not sure why it's assumed that a specific player (let's say whoever is being talked about in this thread?) doesn't know on-line game dynamics. Some people act like others have never played an online game ever in their life. My first online game was Subspace...remember that one? Pretty awesome for the times., So most people are very familiar with how other objects move, how to aim ahead, where the good spots are, how to head someone off at the pass, certain weapons for certain effect. These are not unique principles to BF1942. So...maybe a player see something very unusual, for ON-LINE gaming. Maybe this player has even played other BF42 servers, and sees something unusual in Moon. Would you agree that you do not know their experience or adeptness or sensitivity of any certain person? 

Maybe this player LEGITIMATELY has some sort of anomaly they see on their screen, which you haven;t personally experienced? One they've never seen in any other game. "hacking", would be a perfectly natural thing to assume and even say, in the heat of the game...wouldn't it? 

Then there's the tiny detail that yes...hacks do exist. They do exist right? 

So, I am just trying to put some real rational things on the table here- I am NOT trying to pick a fight. I'd only like you put put yourself in someone else's shoes, not as an admin, not as a top player with favorable internet and hardware connections. I can imagine there's actually a good person behind all this...anger...being expressed. A player who's just frustrated with something they've never experienced in other games. 

I FULLY understand, you don't want the radio and game to degenerate into haccuasation fest. I also understand that you might see this more than you can stand, but respectfully...if you can't hack the job then don't do it. Oh dear that was a bad one wasn't it? 

On a side note, I also think using multiple id's might not be a great idea. If I receive five one shot kills in a row, and I see Jube on the list....I'd be like...oh...yeah hahahah great shots jube. (well NOW I do that). But if I see 3 or4 different names doing it, I tend to wonder what up. Just sayin;. 

Now...if i am wrong about any of this...that's fine...not here to argue my opinion, just to give one. Typically...MOST of the admin are very tolerant and communicative. I think some adjustments could be made to maintain and maybe even grow the server. Some understanding of what makes a player do things Anger is talking about, along with understanding it's a case by case individual basis (and not 10 people piling on a certain admin on purpose!) might go a long way.

And yes...some players can simply be jerks too. No doubt.  :unsure:   

#13 Harriet Tubman

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:02 PM

steve ive seen ooby play on a tablet with no mouse using shitty wifi and destroy most people that play. If he were then to complain later about how his hit regs were off even if he was on a different computer than normal I would believe him because I and everyone that has faced him knows his skill level and knowledge of the game. Most of the time you have to understand the mechanics of the game to be one of the great players. There are a certain group of players that fall into a group like ooby where if they complain about hit regs or some other anomaly then they are more likely to be believed compared to others.

Seems like we keep seeing the people complaining being the mediocre to average at best players. Its not that you can't understand how the game works or the mechanics and be bad, but just because you think you understand what you are seeing or experiencing doesn't mean you actually do. I wish I could drive over to your house and play on your computer so you can see that even if your connection or computer was acting all wonky you can still get gold on any map.

#14 Jubilee

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:03 PM

"So most people are very familiar with how other objects move, how to aim ahead, where the good spots are, how to head someone off at the pass, certain weapons for certain effect. These are not unique principles to BF1942."

Yes, but no. 1942 is in a different class IMO. Bad net coding, old game, & horrid regs make for a more dramatic lead gap between other games and this one. Like I said before, I don't see a point in explaining it if you're not trying to understand. I've told you, I already know what it feels like to have unstable connection, strange "anomolies", "get shot when I didn't even see the guy", etc. You claim you want people to understand, but you don't try either. 

As far as your continual persistence on the topic, people who cannot tell the difference between a good player and hacker are people who have no business making any claims. Moon actually has a really good team of people who know how to catch actual hackers on a regular basis. Here's a real shocker: most hackers are actually really bad players with lower scores. 

I grow weary of people seeing my name and bashing, whether it's Jubilee or any other alias, and doing nothing but hackusating. Guess what? I actually DON'T want people kicked from the server. I am one to let hackusations slide more often than other admins, but if I don't change my name and people continue to do it then I will HAVE to do something about it. What's hard to understand there? It's easier to just change my name, not argue, keep playing, and keep the peace. Feel free to disagree if you enjoy low pop servers.

• Angerfist and D Day like this

#15 Angerfist

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:27 AM

I FULLY understand, you don't want the radio and game to degenerate into haccuasation fest. I also understand that you might see this more than you can stand, but respectfully...if you can't hack the job then don't do it. Oh dear that was a bad one wasn't it? 

I guess you just "respectfully" told me to stay out of the kitchen if I can't take the heat. What you don't understand is : I've explained the same stuff to the same people since years. I'm stupid enough to explain things to people who either don't understand it or simply don't care. I "hacked" the explaining / educating job because I prefer not to kick or ban people. Since the explaining thing doesn't hack out, I'll simply hack the job now by kicking and banning quicker.

And we're not talking about new players who have "anomalies" on their screen (which should make any rational person think that they have a graphic bug instead of thinking that somebody is hacking :smiley_369: ), we're talking about long time players who express their anger of getting owned by harassing, insulting and teamkilling those who simply play better.

#16 Renlist

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:36 AM

I grow weary of people seeing my name and bashing, whether it's Jubilee or any other alias,  It's easier to just change my name, not argue, keep playing, and keep the peace. Feel free to disagree if you enjoy low pop servers.

Do you ever play as any other than scout class?  Ever?      No.  You just stay way back and zero in real well.  No wonder you have to change your nick.

It can be a drag with no sniper on the other team to counteract you.  The same might be said with a team having an ace pilot, with no others in the air to countermand that player.  At least with a plane, we might AA it, or zook it.  Do you get killed often from AA or a zook? Way back there, unseen?  I suppose I should not  diss leet scouts who play only as scouts and bunny hop from way back.  Without a leet scout to counteract you, I just want to say what a drag it is playing with you sometimes.

Gee, I guess I should spend the next two years mastering the scout position?  Play as that class exclusively like you do?

Ace pilots will quit the next map if it doesn't have planes.  Would you quit BF1942 if you couldn't play as a scout?

• Harriet Tubman and Moving Target like this

#17 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:04 AM

I grow weary of people seeing my name and bashing, whether it's Jubilee or any other alias,  It's easier to just change my name, not argue, keep playing, and keep the peace. Feel free to disagree if you enjoy low pop servers.

Do you ever play as any other than scout class?  Ever?      No.  You just stay way back and zero in real well.  No wonder you have to change your nick.

It can be a drag with no sniper on the other team to counteract you.  The same might be said with a team having an ace pilot, with no others in the air to countermand that player.  At least with a plane, we might AA it, or zook it.  Do you get killed often from AA or a zook? Way back there, unseen?  I suppose I should not  diss leet scouts who play only as scouts and bunny hop from way back.  Without a leet scout to counteract you, I just want to say what a drag it is playing with you sometimes.

Gee, I guess I should spend the next two years mastering the scout position?  Play as that class exclusively like you do?

Ace pilots will quit the next map if it doesn't have planes.  Would you quit BF1942 if you couldn't play as a scout?

When did it become harder to kill a good sniper over a good pilot? It's not that hard to kill Jubilee. It takes more effort, but that is with every skilled player. Be happy there are good snipers left, beats the hell out of the lie-down-sniper that doesn't help the team.

• Angerfist and Eliminator like this

#18 Angerfist

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:04 AM

What a ridiculous post. You couldn't be more wrong.

Even as a sniper, she is very often the only support I get when I try to get flags. I mean the real kind of support, not the "teammate" who nades grey flags killing teammates. And the only support I usually have when it comes to defending a flag. She will cause more damage with a pistol than 5 assault heroes like you ever could. Now take a guess what would happen if she would play Medic. You would get slapped even harder.

• Rubulator and Eliminator like this

#19 mexican eskimo

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

Even as a sniper, she is very often the only support I get when I try to get flags. I mean the real kind of support, not the "teammate" who nades grey flags killing teammates. And the only support I usually have when it comes to defending a flag. She will cause more damage with a pistol than 5 assault heroes like you ever could. Now take a guess what would happen if she would play Medic. You would get slapped even harder.

ShHhhhhh Anger.  Jub is not a team player, because she doesn't die enough.  It's a very fair point.

Seriously though, I've been sniped many times by her, I've seen other players get sniped more.  Sure she probably isn't getting a ton of flags that way, but she does provide a ton of value to the team.

#20 Steve2112

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:29 AM

LOL Anger...you don't have to be so coy. It's unbecoming. 

Yes...I have TK'd with a nade in a bunker as people were trying to get flag. It happens. . But NEVER intentionally, and there was ALWAYS an enemy player there.Happens to me as much as or more than I do to others. I FORIVE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO PLAY!

Maybe...like you so eloquently said earlier...I didn't see you? Maybe I misfired my nade....my mouse button goes wonky...and sometimes I just screw it up. But you...you NEVER TK do you? 

And in regards to your reply to me...this thread is indeed a perfect example of your attitude, and if I may be blunt, your unfitness for admin. You're mad....and sometimes downright angry. And it shows in the game. Where other admins are gracious and patient, you lose your mind, and come on the forum to bich about it. 

• Angerfist likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com