Photo

New Competition

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CrDraggin

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:53 AM

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to make a way to reward our players and their activity that keeps this server rolling each and every month. So we are introducing a new competition that rewards playing here. All stats have been reset on Gametracker as of today. The competition is going to go until August 1st. There will be 2 sections that can be rewarded.

1) The person who plays here the most will receive an in game reward.

2) The person with the most points.

You can track where you stand here.

http://www.gametrack...08.17.149:2302/

Disclaimer: Admins cannot win (sorry guys, a huge thank you and hug obviously replaces any in game rewards ) 

Rewards will be posted soon. and I will attach to this thread each Monday what the standings looks like. 

Happy Gaming!

#2 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

hmmm what specifically are these rewards? :P

#3 CrDraggin

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:41 PM

Update! Here is our current ranking. 

Top time played on the server

1) Blindside   
2) Pockets   
3) RedDragon/Mushu 
4) Caryll  
5) Tom Ford  

Top Score on the server

1) firefly 
2) Blindside
3) Speirs   
4) X-18guy
5) RedDragon/Mushu  

Keep up the good work! 

#4 CrDraggin

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

2 weeks to go! Here are the standings....

Top time played on the server

Blindside                   65.38
firefly                         56.15
Pockets                     49.23
Dr Bones                   47.37
RedDragon/Mushu    45.65
Caryll                         42.22

Top Score on the server

firefly                        5533 
Blindside                  3024 
Dr Bones                  1248 
RedDragon/Mushu   1236 
ThatGuy                    907 
Opsblitz                     884

#5 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

how does the points system work?

#6 CrDraggin

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:27 AM

from my reading, it is how many zeds you kill and then there is a multiplier on how long you have lived. I haven't been able to confirm, but AI is supposed to give points too. 

#7 stellarfirefly

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:01 AM

The most significant factor is indeed zed kills, at least for me.  The "how long you've lived" multiplier is almost a non-factor and I've noticed little to no difference when I've killed a few zeds and then died within the next few minutes, compared with when I've been unable to devote enough attention to run missions and thus spent over an hour just killing zeds.  (EDIT: It is certainly a factor, though, because I have definitely not killed 13,000 zeds+bandits.  This may also suggest that those points are deposited in bulk at each respawn, instead of continuously as with per-kill points.)

Bandit kills are also definitely counted, as there have been some lengthy periods when I've hit nothing but bandits (usually with missions) and still gained points during that time.  However, the ease in killing each zed vs. killing each bandit is so significant that bandit kills are often a lesser factor unless you're one of those people who can speed-run through high population red and black missions.  (Definitely not me, as just before this post it took me over an hour just to solo a yellow.   :)  )  It does seem to award more points per bandit kill than per zed kill, though.  A mission clear of ~12 bandits seems to award several hundred points, suggesting perhaps 20 pts per bandit kill as opposed to just 1 pt per zed kill, then scaled by the time factor.

• CrDraggin likes this

#8 CrDraggin

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

Competition is Closed! 

Congrats to Firefly for being #1 on time played on server and the score! Please choose from 1 of the following choices

1) NewEgg.com $20 giftcard 

2) 2 Ultra Trader vehicles + silver builder pack (20 metal floors + 30 concrete full walls) + Location of Secret trader

3) 1 Ultra Trader vehicle + Large builder pack ( 30 metal floors + 60 concrete full walls) + Location of Secret trader

KLLLJoy took the 2nd spot for both classes. KlLLjoy, please pick from 1 of the following

1) NewEgg.com $10 giftcard

2) 2 Ultra Trader vehicles + silver builder pack (20 metal floors + 30 concrete full walls) + Location of Secret trader
3) 1 Ultra Trader vehicle + bronze builder pack (10 metal floors + 20 concrete full walls) + Location of Secret trader

Thanks again for playing on the MoonGamers servers! Connect up with me via PM. 

Edited by Lin, 03 August 2017 - 08:55 PM.
KillJoy prize delivered in full 8/3/2017 8pm CST

#9 stellarfirefly

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

Yay!  While the location of the Secret Trader is quite tempting (I've been searching for him a bit already with no luck yet), I can't ignore the fact that my rig is long overdue for some upgrading so I'd like the NewEgg.com $20 gift card, which is a great prize.  Thank you very much for the competition, and for hosting and maintaining a great DayZ PvE server with an awesome community!

I'll also confirm via PM as instructed.

#10 Lin

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

KJ is receiving his complete package.

Draggin, you might want to review #2 and #3 again... :-D

#11 Thirteen

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

I almost want to drop my admin, just so I can play. $20 and $10 newegg cards seem awesome !

Seriously though, congrats to the winners...

Are we doing this again in August or taking a break?

#12 CrDraggin

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

Taking a break. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com