Photo

Is this being up held?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Highway Man

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

The " Ex packs and grenades are NOT primary weapons" in the grey text?
 I've been in several close quarter combat, and the other player (waker) throws a pack out and explodes it and he walks away  and i get killed.  Got 3 times like that in Bocage and twice in Omaha.

:D

#2 dodgem

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:52 AM

Hi HM,

This rule was introduced to combat the serial offenders who would almost solely use expacks, and in situations where most people would use their rifle. Think of someone who doesn't even have their rifle out when running around the map (before they've seen any enemies), or someone camping a church with expacks.

It generally has to get very bad before an admin will intervene because most of the time players should be able to beat an expacker more than 50% of the time (i.e. see them coming, keep your distance, get the kill quickly, use grenades). On average I probably have reason to enforce this rule 1x per year. The last time was when an axis player on market garden wasn't doing ANYTHING except driving to the church, laying expacks inside and then sitting on the stairs waiting. In this instance, Allied were unable to do anything and I think I only managed to kill him once or twice the whole round and that was by waiting until a teammate went in first as a sacrifice.

On the other hand, if he was simply camping the stairwell in the building at Arnhem bridge, I would say he is still easily kill-able because you can throw a nade from the bridge, through the window of the 1st floor and have it roll down the stairs to get those bastards! :)

So, in summary, yes it is still enforced but it really only needs to be in extremely dire situations rather than when someone seems to be using expacks a lot.

That said, do let an admin know in game if you think someone is seriously breaking the rule and we will look into it.

Likewise, I will try to keep an eye on this particular player.

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#3 Highway Man

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:32 PM

Thank you for explaining dodgem!

• Rubulator likes this

#4 Steve2112

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

As a newer player of only a few years...I disagree that it is "easier" to ///dodge/// an expacker. They can throw and explode quickly. A nade takes time, even a low ping, custom crosshair using sharp shooting rifleman takes a second. 

I'm listening! 

#5 dodgem

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

As a newer player of only a few years...I disagree that it is "easier" to ///dodge/// an expacker. They can throw and explode quickly. A nade takes time, even a low ping, custom crosshair using sharp shooting rifleman takes a second. 

I'm listening!

There will always be times when there's nothing you could have done to beat an expacker. But if the same person is killing you again and again at close range then you need to adapt. If they approach bunny-hopping all over the place then back away whilst shooting. Try to force them to use their rifle or pistol.

Also, I usually try to avoid throwing grenades at infantry unless it's into a bunker or to neutralise a flag, but I would have no qualms in throwing all three of my nades at an expacker who is unwilling to use their rifle/pistol.

#6 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:21 PM

i wish there was a button to instantly kick the bunny hopping expacker in the crotch. it wouldnt kill them,but would drop them to their knees. they couldnt be injured while laying on the ground either. no. they just have to kneel there and think about what they've done.

• mistamontiel, Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#7 Colonel Tavington

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

As my dad and my grandmother would say, "Now you just set there and think about that."

• Zap Rowsdower, Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#8 mistamontiel

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:12 PM

L0L

#9 pinchythelobster

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:15 PM

I’d like to add that an admin must witness this behavior first hand before kicking a player. I’ve spent more than a few minutes trying to catch someone once a concern was raised in game. There are quite a few other admins who spend way more time admining than playing. Point is, raise a concern in game and we will all do our best for you. Thanks for your post.

Forgive me, Dodgem, if I’m overstepping.
  • Highway Man likes this

#10 Highway Man

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

I appreciate the admins who sacrifice their playing time and chance to get the best score,most kills etc to keep the game going smoothly and rule breaker free!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com