Photo

NV4_DISP.DLL Problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 DeadlyEclipse

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:27 PM

Im having problems with a file called nv4_disp.dll when i run dxdiag and go under the display tab it says, in the problem section, "The file nv4_disp.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsofts's Windows Hardware Quality Labs(WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer." I have noticed that since this problem started my BF2 and BF1942 constantly freeze up for a few seconds. The freezing problem mostly happens with BF1942 not much in BF2. If anyone knows how to fix this problem plz help me, im not very good at fixing computer problems. Thanks in advance =)

#2 Ster

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:30 PM

update your video drivers

#3 DeadlyEclipse

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:46 PM

LIKE I SAID IM NOT VERY GOOD WITH FIXING MY COMPUTER, WHERE CAN I GET THE UPTADE?

#4 Housen

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:54 PM

www.ati.com

www.nvidia.com

www.xbrandhere.com

www.google.com

www.icantfindtheinternet.com =D

#5 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:02 PM

Have you tried entering the name of the file nv4_disp.dll as your search term in Google? It can be pretty enlightening. Just be careful and backup the original before you replace it. Check the file size, see if it matches. Right-click and check the properties...that will probably show you if it is signed and by whom. Run it by an antivirus. You know, common sense stuff.

#6 DeadlyEclipse

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:10 PM

Ha ha ha very funny housen, im not that dumb. Anyways i went to nvidia.com but couldnt find the update. My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, can someone help me find the update?

oh and noobie i tried all of that already. I reinstalled it and nothing happend. Maybe the problem is my WHQL but i doubt it.

#7 Ster

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:23 PM

LIKE I SAID IM NOT VERY GOOD WITH FIXING MY COMPUTER, WHERE CAN I GET THE UPTADE?

You know.. things like this really make people not want to help you. Have you ever heard of courtesy to others? Being polite can get you a long way in life.

Last time I check the forums while the girlfriend is in the shower, meh..

#8 DeadlyEclipse

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:27 PM

Huh, well sorry bout that but can u PLZ help me out with this? i mean im not good at fixing my computer, my sis usually helps me do it but she doesnt know how to fix my prob either. so can u plz help?

#9 KatManDu

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:29 PM

Newest official WHQL drivers to any nVidia card are 81.95, at:

http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_81.95.html

If you are looking for tweaked ones (I have tried them, but don't see much difference):

http://www.ngohq.com...t&dwn_cat_id=10

If the dll file isn't cooperating, try remove the drivers before you install new ones :)

#10 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:29 PM

Google is your friend...Click me

#11 DeadlyEclipse

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:31 PM

OH OK THANKS

#12 Furious_DC

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:25 PM

You know.. things like this really make people not want to help you. Have you ever heard of courtesy to others? Being polite can get you a long way in life.

HUH? Wha? Are you implying your not a virgin anymore?? :applaud:

#13 Lin

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:56 PM

How's it going, Deadly? Any luck?

#14 DeadlyEclipse

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:01 PM

Yah i fixed the nv4 prob :applaud: but my bf42 freeze prob still isnt solved
Thanks for asking though

#15 KatManDu

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:36 PM

When does it freeze - what is happening on your screen?
Getting the server list... What is your graphics settings, how many people on server, does it happen in single player, how is your ping, are you running any other programs at the same time, antivirus, downloading ...

#16 Ster

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:01 PM

HUH? Wha? Are you implying your not a virgin anymore?? :applaud:

....Excuse me?

#17 DeadlyEclipse

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:24 PM

Well, it freezes every once in a while and it freezes for about 10 secs. Ive noticed that when i play bf42 then bf2 it only happens with 42. It freezes when its online or 1 player. I uninstalled it then installed it again 2 times. and when it does freeze the only thing that happens is that the image stays how it is and the sound also freezes. Ive tried every video setting and my drivers are fully updated. When i play bf2 or bf42 the only other program i use is xfire. I really have no idea why this happens. Before when i only had bf42 this never happend. Why does this damn happen? I hate it! well yah so thanks

#18 GrimReaper

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:07 PM

What are your system specs? It will help us in determining you problem.

You may also want to try updating your sound drivers.

#19 DeadlyEclipse

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:00 PM

Ok theses are my specs

Intel Pentium 4 2.80GHz for the proccesor
1022 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Windows XP

Every thing is fully updated, direct x, drievers, everything

#20 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:16 PM

Every thing is fully updated, direct x, drievers, everything

What about your motherboard's BIOS? Are you using a soundcard or onboard sound? If you are using a soundcard, did you disable the one on the motherboard? What about onboard video? Is it present? Disabled?

Have you tried running a registry cleanup/repair app?

What about free space on your disks? What size disk do you have and how much is still free?

Have you checked your disks for filing or surface errors? What about defragging? have you done that?

Another long shot might be your power supply. Have you added anything to your system lately that draws power from the supply?

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com