Photo

How to Donate eff Aug 1 2010

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

Effective Aug 1 2010, we have a new way to donate to MoonGamers!

For single or individual PayPal donation:

You can use your Sidebar donation area to make a single donation. If you do not have your Sidebar turned on, just click the small arrow at the right of the forum when you're on the main Board Index. If this somehow doesn't work for you, then click on the Donate button in the main Banner.

Complete the form, and you will receive a Thank You PM with the donation banner for your signature. Your donation will show immediately in the list of Donors, and your donation will be included in the Goals bar.

For Subscriptions:
Click on the Store button in the main Banner and complete the Subscription form. We will manually add you to Donations list and Goals, and will send your donation banner in a Thank You email.

To mail your donation:
Please send an email to: [email protected]
Let us know you're sending it in the mail and please include your game name, the server you're donating to, and the amount so we can watch for it. Then mail to:

MoonGamers c/o Lin Allen
4676 Commercial St SE PMB 357
Salem OR 97302

If you are sending a donation that is intended to span several months, please indicate how many months and how much per month you are sending, so we can put you on a Recurring Donation list. You can add information to your PayPal donation right before you complete your transaction; look for the link that says something about sending comments to the seller, and enter your comments there. We use the Recurring Donation list to make sure your donation is correctly prorated over the specified time, and we will send you a Thank You email with your donation banner for your signature each month. We will manually add your donation to the Donations list and Goals.

Thank you, Moonies! You all rock!

#2 Alvin Tostig

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

What is the donor * thing that we can see in your post below the game? Is that automatically added or something completely different?

#3 Lin

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

It's a mod that I found and thought I would try for us. I'm not good at photoshop so the pic is kinda cheesy, but I wanted an additional way to recognize our donors. We have to enter this in manually, it's not part of the automated Donation Tracker. We'll be resetting it at the beginning of every month, so unfortunately for those who donate toward the end of the month, they won't have it on for long...but the Donation Banner for signatures will last as long as they always have.

#4 Comet

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:34 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has thanked you Lin for the amount of work you have done setting up the new donation system but I would like to. Thank you very much for the tremendous amount of work you've put into this, from acquiring the software to learning and implementing it. I know there is more work to be done, when finished we will have a very efficient donation set up for the community. The work load has been minimized which is appreciated.

Thanks again and well done.

#5 KatManDu

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:53 PM

Thank you O'Lin!
have to try it out right away :)

#6 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for the hard hard hard work Lin!! You may get yourself some pixie dust.;)

#7 blancrou

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Nice work implementing all this new stuff ^^

But on the home page of donation (I think it is now the old place) it's written we can donate by debit card and credit card. Is this still working and how do it work ? Is it just paypal now ?

Thanks in advance :D

blancrou

#8 Comet

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

blancrou, on the Donation Home Page is says...

Donations by credit/debit card...

This is the preferred method. You should have a PayPal account in order to use this donation method.

...let me clarify.

Payments through PayPal are directed toward your preferred choice of funding, whether it be by credit card, debit card, line of credit etc. Therefore you will need to set up a PayPal account if you choose to donate by those means.

#9 blancrou

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

Ah ! I did not remark this line ! Thanks Comet :D

I may donate really soon :lol:

EDIT: Ok just to be sure, since I never used Paypal before, is it really sure, (I don't really like entering my debit card info in there) Did you ever have problem with it ? Is there like hidden fee or something I may know ? :whippingsmiley:

It is as simple as entering my bank info (paypal only keep the info, not taking the money now) pay on the website and then paypal taking money from my count and transer it to the website (another paypal account I presume)

Thanks in advance, just informing myself because it is still my money :wasnt-me:

Thank you :D

EDIT 2: Oh and I remember reading something about the donation of more than 20 $ that gave me something (a reserve spot and something else if I am not wrong )

Edited by blancrou, 08 August 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#10 toxicity

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

Paypal is very secure, it is owned by Ebay and used for most Ebay transactions. It does not charge fees for sending money. You simply create an account, link up a bank account or credit card, and when you donate through the side bar it will make you sign into your paypal account to authorize the transaction if I'm not mistaken.

#11 MXsoBx

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

I have been using PayPal for years with zero issues, Its been so long maybe they waived the 1.75 ca to start account with PayPal. It was a 1 time payment if I remember
correctly. You can transfer money to PayPal and have there ready to use or set up a Charge card only taking what you need include converting in what ever currency you desire.
No extra fees , its more or less an extra pro caution to make sure your account, charge cards or transactions are secure by PayPal being the middle man.

#12 blancrou

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

Well thank guys ! I am going to set all this and when I'll receive the money, probably give to MG :monkeydance:

#13 Highway Man

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:51 AM

So, is this address  still up to date, i'd like to mail a donation .

#lifewithnopaypalorbankaccount ;)

#14 Lin

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

So, is this address  still up to date, i'd like to mail a donation .

#lifewithnopaypalorbankaccount ;)

Yes, the address in the top post is still accurate. Thank you for checking, and thank you in advance for donating!

• Highway Man likes this

#15 Highway Man

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:52 PM

Can i borrow a couple bucks? :P

#16 Highway Man

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:12 PM

Hi there Lin, have you received my donation yet? I emailed it may 27th

#17 Lin

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:02 AM

Hey HM, check your PMs! :)

• Highway Man likes this

#18 Highway Man

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

Did i say email!!!!! Oh my gosh, ima idiot.

MAIL as in usps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com