Photo

Download failed > BF1942

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Luose

Posted 30 January 2022 - 03:33 PM

Hi Whizzkids!

So I'm back at it again trying to run and play BF but I cannot get passed the download. I've spent some time with Beef, Cher, Coffee and Section trying to resolve it but the download fails at around 10%

I use firefox and never had an issue downloading anything. I used firefox to DL Chrome without any issues and tried to DL BF that way, same result. I've tried incognito mode, same result.

We've talked about Origin but thats not an option. We looked at Privacy/Security and firewalls, inc windows defender but nothing is showing as an obvious issue. Added as exceptions but also a no go.

I will be hunting around for my BF discs but honestly I don't know if I will find them.

Any help just getting the download sorted would be helpful if anyone else has some ideas.

Appreciate y'all and was great to jump into Discord for a chat.

Thankyou! Lu :wub:

#2 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 30 January 2022 - 03:59 PM

It downloads to around 100mb and just stops and says failed. We have tried everything to work around it including downloading a file directly from Coffee’s drive thinking the link may be the issue. This did nothing either. Thinking Firefox was the issue, had him download Chrome which the Chrome program itself downloaded just fine. Even had him use incognito mode for a fresh cache. No dice. Reviewed firewall settings and exceptions, AVG yielded nothing. Windows Defender is not active. No clue what could be causing this.

#3 Wasabi®

Posted 30 January 2022 - 05:34 PM

Is it just the base game or do RTR/SW also not work? 

Have you tried https://abandonwareg...attlefield-1942 ?

(You still need RTR+SW from the links in Discord/forum, and then the Gamespy patch)

#4 Luose

Posted 30 January 2022 - 06:21 PM

30min left 326 of 911MB

This is looking promising!... i'll keep you posted!

#5 Luose

Posted 30 January 2022 - 07:16 PM

Ok well I downloaded from Abandonedware, i have the file - but i'm too braindead to work out what next, i can't unzip it, i can't open it.. so the next step would be....

plez halp!

#6 coffeeassassin

Posted 30 January 2022 - 08:10 PM

is it a rar file or 7zip?

#7 Luose

Posted 31 January 2022 - 08:10 AM

it's labelled as just 'File' :(

#8 Wasabi®

Posted 31 January 2022 - 10:31 AM

Try renaming it so it has a ".zip" extension?

#9 Luose

Posted 31 January 2022 - 02:13 PM

Try renaming it so it has a ".zip" extension?

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

#10 Luose

Posted 31 January 2022 - 05:23 PM

Well I got in! Thank you all for the help.

Only issues now is I'm a noob again (can't believe I used to top frag in this), the screen size/settings, getting used to the controls again, trying to sprint, some shitty TK's and my god the nades...

Time to dig out the ol' joystick i think!

See you on the battlefield!

• posi and Major Sleep like this

#11 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 01 February 2022 - 03:57 AM

Only issues now is I'm a noob again (can't believe I used to top frag in this), the screen size/settings, getting used to the controls again, trying to sprint, some shitty TK's and my god the nades...

Take this  :shankknife: it's all you need.

#12 Highway Man

Posted 01 February 2022 - 10:32 PM

Take this  :shankknife: it's all you need.

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com