Photo

Problems (re-)installing BF 1942

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 LuigiBrotha

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:26 PM

Here's the deal :

I've got BF 1942 and BF 1942 Anthology (BF 1942 Anthology is BF 1942 + Road to Roam + Secret Weapons). Today my causin came here and he was playing on my first computer. I was sitting on the other one but we had the same CD Key. So I left the game and started to install BF 1942 from my Anthology CD. This didn't work. So I uninstalled BF 1942 and reinstalled it. Then my PunkBuster wasn't up to date. So I first tried to do that. But that didn't work. So I then uninstalled BF 1942 completely. Checked everything to see if I didn't leave any files installed. Then I wanted to reinstall BF 1942 and a message came up saying :

[InstallShield Wizard]
Select components for Install/Uninstall

Select the components to Install. De-select the components to Uninstall. Previously installed components which appear selected will not be changed.
[v](Installed) Battlefield 1942 0 Kb
[ ]Battlefield 1942 : The Road to Rome 0 Kb
[ ]Battlefield 1942 : Secret Weapons of WWII 0 Kb
[v](Installed) Punkbuster for Battlefield 1942 0 Kb
[ ]Battlecraft 1942 Map Editor 0 Kb
[ ]Battlefield Mod Development Toolkit 0 Kb

When I click Next I get :
[InstallShield Wizard]
InstallShiel Wizard Complete

InstallShield Wizard has finished performing maintenance operations on Battlefield 1942.

And that's it ... But when I click the BF-Icon nothing works. It says searching for Battlefield 1942 click button below to browse folder. Anybody got any ideas how to fix this?

#2 General Ferra

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:45 PM

Try removing and recreating the shortcut on the desktop.

#3 LuigiBrotha

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:52 PM

Try removing and recreating the shortcut on the desktop.

Mr. Technical ... [/Ignores reply] :P I am trying to reinstall it but the big problem is that it says it is already installed. And when I try to uninstall it nothing happens.

#4 AnonymousFlash

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:39 AM

Actually, Ferra's post could solve it because the icon was for the old game before you reinstalled right?

#5 LuigiBrotha

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:28 AM

It didn't because at the moment my entire EA-Games folder is empty with the exception of Battlecraft (program to create Battlefield maps).

#6 KatManDu

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:11 AM

I am pretty sure your registry is full of bf1942 references. Either fire up regedit from the command line and find bf1942 and delete them, or use a registry clean/fix program to clean up the leftover stuff.

#7 LuigiBrotha

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:46 AM

The enemies that have been killed most by me shall now also try to kill you a lot more ... Because BF 1942 is working again :pinkele: Still got some minor PB problems but I'll try and fix them myself ... Could someone just post what the latest update is ?

#8 KatManDu

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

http://www.evenbalan...e=dl-bf1942.php

#9 LuigiBrotha

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:56 AM

Yeah PB seems to be up to date. Just need to update BF 1942 and I'm off to go ... Once again :P

I currently have patch 1.06.101 ... Isn't that the newest one? Because it says I need to update when I try to join moon ...

Edited by LuigiBrotha, 15 June 2006 - 02:57 PM.

#10 pest control

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:28 PM

the patches you can get them here

"After you have patched your game, you need to update PunkBuster

http://www.moongamer...files/pbweb.exe

Place this in the pb folder which is most likely:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\pb

and then double click on pbweb.exe to run it."

#11 LuigiBrotha

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:37 PM

the patches you can get them here

"After you have patched your game, you need to update PunkBuster

http://www.moongamer...files/pbweb.exe

Place this in the pb folder which is most likely:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\pb

and then double click on pbweb.exe to run it."

That's exactly what I did ... I just need someone to conform that patch 1.06.101 is the most recent game update ...

#12 LuigiBrotha

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:34 AM

New updates on my problem :

I have finally installed Battlefield am able to play single player. Partial goal achieved. The problem is multiplayer though.

I have BF 1942 v 1.6. I downloaded the v1.6 to 1.6b patch. When I installed it I got the following message :

You have version 1.06.101 of Battlefield 1942 installed. This patch upgrades 1.06.001 to 1.06.101. Installation will now close.

:huh: WTF ... In that case I must have patched the game to the latest version.

So I load my game and looked in the bottom left of the game menu. It says Battlefield 1942. v1.6. According to -=EasyCompany=-theone that should say 1.6.1. So I geuss I did something wrong ... PunkBuster seems to be working fine for now. I used the tip from Pest Control and PunkBuster should be up-to-date now :D Just that final upgrade/patch thingimajig :(

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com