Photo

lets add some new helicopters to our pve chernarus server!!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 DawnsAshes

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys, was just wondering if we could add two more helis to the pve chernarus server, the ka-52 (black) and the ka-60. they're my favorite helis in dayz because i find them both aesthetically pleasing. they have a more of a special ops look to them, instead of a heavy militarized look. I believe that as long as they DONT spawn ammo (maws rockets) every server restart, they shouldn't break the feel/flow of the server. both of them should be able to lift, and i believe that for pricing the ka-60 should be 2 briefcases, while the ka-52 should be 3-4 briefcases. Thanks for taking the time to read my idea, and i would love some feedback about it.
-DawnsAshes.

KA-52 (Black)
Attached File  ka52black.jpg   46.05KB   25 downloads

KA-60
Attached File  pmcvehicle-ka137.jpg   51.17KB   26 downloads

#2 Enforcer

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

Okay, well, we'll talk it over and make a decision on what to add. The issue would be the guns/rockets. As long as they don't spawn with ammo, as I think you are correct in that it would influence things negatively on a pve server.

#3 DawnsAshes

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:03 AM

Okay, well, we'll talk it over and make a decision on what to add. The issue would be the guns/rockets. As long as they don't spawn with ammo, as I think you are correct in that it would influence things negatively on a pve server.

Alright! I'm glad it's even being considered! I agree that it would be overpowered if it spawned with ammo due to the fact that it would make it too easy to clear missions, but you guys can make it so it does or doesn't spawn with ammo right?
they both take MAAWS rockets as ammo, which seems to be a pretty rare item. Someone else on our PVE server said that you can get MAAWS from heli crash sites.. I searched about 30 sites and didn't find a single one though so if it does spawn there it is rare, which means there won't be people shooting rockets every 5 minutes with these helis. You might be able to get about 4 or 5 rockets a week if you search every crash site you see.. I think it would make an interesting change, since it's basically giving players who mainly heli hunt room for a little bit of tactical play.

Tl;dr if MAAWS isn't completely removed from the loot table and we do get access to either of these helis we might be able to clear a mission with them maybe once a week if you search for the rockets, so as long as they do not spawn ammo I don't think that these helis will upset the balance of this server in a negative way. If anything we could just try it out, and if it turns out to be bad for the server we could either remove the helis, or remove MAAWS from the loot table completely. That's just my two cents about it.. Thanks for getting back to me on this post, and I can't wait to see what you guys decide with this.

#4 Enforcer

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Yes, the MAAWS can be found. I have found several of them over the months..so, keep looking as they are there.

#5 Mrgiggls

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

I've used the KA-52 heli on other servers. Fully armed it's OP as hell, so if it's by popular decision, I'm going to have to vote no for this one.

I think we have a pretty good selection of helis. The KA-52 looks cool as the other side of the pillow and if it's added to the server but "declawed" that would be fine I think. I've seen how a single person can wreck face in one of these with either the guns or missles, and I just fear that this would create a situation where KA-52 owners would keep others from getting in on a mission. As it stands now, I'm not crazy about using vehicles on missions. I don't hate on anyone that does. I just prefer to work for my loot...makes the victory all the sweeter.

Don't want to hijack the thread...but I would love to see building materials added to some of the other missions...maybe the AN2 drop?

#6 DawnsAshes

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

I've used the KA-52 heli on other servers. Fully armed it's OP as hell, so if it's by popular decision, I'm going to have to vote no for this one.

I think we have a pretty good selection of helis. The KA-52 looks cool as the other side of the pillow and if it's added to the server but "declawed" that would be fine I think. I've seen how a single person can wreck face in one of these with either the guns or missles, and I just fear that this would create a situation where KA-52 owners would keep others from getting in on a mission. As it stands now, I'm not crazy about using vehicles on missions. I don't hate on anyone that does. I just prefer to work for my loot...makes the victory all the sweeter.

Don't want to hijack the thread...but I would love to see building materials added to some of the other missions...maybe the AN2 drop?

To be honest I understand where you're coming from, but I have a hard time believing that everyone is going to have a fully armed Ka-52, simply because the ammo will take a while to find, so the player really needs to ask themselves if it's worth using their missiles for that mission, or if it would be best to use them on trash vehicles, in the hopes of opening another spawn slot for briefcase vehicles. As long as you're playing by the rules (calling the mission you want to hit, and marking the location that you will approximately hit from, I just can't see this causing problems. Especially using the mission mod that we have, on my last server we were lucky to get maybe 3 missions each six hour restart, this one has quite a few more. Perhaps this heli needs to be very expensive? So there's a lot of risk for using it in a tactical way like that. And think about it; profit wise it's really not smart to use the Ka for a mission clear, as it's likely that you will blow up any and all vehicles @ the mission, not to mention it's very limited gun/mag/bag space...I suppose you could lift a cargo truck, but that just gives the so something else to hit, something that has much less armor and will mess up your heli pretty bad if it's blown up.. Much more profitable to tow a cargo truck with your choice of an armored land vehicle to clear missions. As someone who has spent the last two years working in a grocery store, I've learned to be very efficient, and that's just my general strategy for this game.. Efficiency.Thanks for the response though!

#7 Edamame

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

Issue I would see is on the Ikea mission. Since it's really the only worth while one after awhile on the server. So if you can arm that Heli through drops then people will save them for that mission.

But hey if it becomes an issue just put a couple anti air guys on the missions.

#8 Enforcer

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

I don't think I want any more armed copters on the map. There is already are several to choose from, the pook with machine guns, the venom with missiles I think. We have the BTR with autosupply ammo upon restart. There are plenty of weapons to use to your advantage against a mission, be it an easier green or the harder reds.

Any copter added would have to be declawed and unarmed, regardless of how rare the missiles would be to find.

Building material in other missions...we'll talk about it, but, on the front end, I would say no just because of the ease of making gold by doing other things. I know the IKEA drop becomes a free for all, but, I don't want to overload the stuff as well and make it too easy. But, I know your general attitude about the game giggls and understand that you are equally happy to ground pound with a rifle and a half filled pack. We'll talk about something maybe to add, but, it won't be 50 cinder or anything..

#9 Mrgiggls

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

I don't think I want any more armed copters on the map. There is already are several to choose from, the pook with machine guns, the venom with missiles I think. We have the BTR with autosupply ammo upon restart. There are plenty of weapons to use to your advantage against a mission, be it an easier green or the harder reds.

Any copter added would have to be declawed and unarmed, regardless of how rare the missiles would be to find.

Building material in other missions...we'll talk about it, but, on the front end, I would say no just because of the ease of making gold by doing other things. I know the IKEA drop becomes a free for all, but, I don't want to overload the stuff as well and make it too easy. But, I know your general attitude about the game giggls and understand that you are equally happy to ground pound with a rifle and a half filled pack. We'll talk about something maybe to add, but, it won't be 50 cinder or anything..

Yeah....heli-farming for cash is something to do and a means to an end, but I'd much rather take out a mob of AI and claim my building mats as a prize of battle :)

#10 Enforcer

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

True, but, let's be honest. With a DMR and a 400 meter headstart..AI are not much to be afraid of..

#11 Kord325

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

I would personally like to see the CH-53 Sea Stallion added :) it's an unarmed heavy lift helicopter, so it would give us an alternative to use besides the Chanook. But only if the mod isn't buggy, at one point I believe someone was having a problem with the heli and everyone in it being indestructible. So it could be something to test on the test server?

#12 Kord325

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

And if just looks and sounds amazing! :)

#13 CrDraggin

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

CH-53 has been added to the hero trader. The other two choppers have no immediate way to put in the game without the firepower. Will continue to look around and see options though.

#14 Kord325

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

Really?! Awesome!!! I know what I'm doing as soon as I log in today!!! :D

#15 Lin

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

We had the ch53 available since the DayZ update to 1.00.51, but they were only available as dynamic spawns. So, they have been in game for a while, just not available for purchase/sale.

What buy/sell price did you use, Draggin?

#16 CrDraggin

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

same as most other armed choppers (buy - 2 bc and sell - 1 bc)

#17 Lin

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

Awesome, thank you! :applaud:

#18 Casper

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

So I was watching a video by Frankieonpcin1080p last night and I saw a vehicle they were using called the "Flying Fortress", it's basically 2 Chinooks and a cj-130 combined. I think this would be an awesome addition to the chernarus server. Its sort of a pipe dream though as it may conflict/not be available with epoch, it is too over powered for a PVE server and I'm sure the list goes further but you have to admit that this vehicle is really cool and worth at least 10 briefs. Let me know what you think!
Thanks,
TFG

#19 Edamame

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

That would take adding Origins to the server. That chopper isn't in the standard epoch or Arma database.

#20 Xeylore

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:48 AM

i do belive there are scripts about to disable weapons on certain vehicles that does mean if thats added in you can use any vehicle that is armed on a server without the overpoweredness of the weapons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com