Photo

Speed Boost Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Thumper

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

Good day Ladies and Gents,
As some of you know, there are occasions when I log on to DOD:S and start playing that my game seems to be in Hyperdrive mode, I am able to jackrabbit across the map in mere moments. I understand the frustration that this causes others players, I don't know why it happens and it is completely random but it is still understandingly annoying to other players non the less. I usually "ride it out" and see if it carries over to the following map, if it corrects itself on the following map all is good, if not, I exit Steam and get back in (which seems to correct it). Has anyone else experienced these issues and have you found a permanent fix (short of reinstalling Steam)?

#2 Monkey

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Before you go as far as reinstalling Steam entirely, have you tried to verify your game files?

You can also remove DoD and reinstall just DoD.

both are done if you right click DoD in the Steam menu and go to properties, then to local files.

There are options to verify local game cache and to delete local game content. One of the 2 options should fix this problem.

This issue has been seen before and its something in the recent updates thats caused it. I am unsure what exactly it is but some players have used this to exploit the issue and have ended up banned for it since its not how the game was intended to run.

My suggestion is, if you have the time, delete the local game content and let the files come in new and reinstall DoD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com