Photo

Day of Defeat HARDCORE

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Striker

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

Ok fellas,

I was asked to post this idea of mine to refresh DoD:S for some of our more senior members and hardcore players in the game. For those of you who don't know me, I've been around for a long time. I'll let that suffice for now.

I hear the second server in DoD:S sits a little dormant and threw out an idea for the more serious gamers. From realism, to training to be a better player in the game, team work is a lot of how this game was meant to be played. Training and the realism modification offer players the ability to become better at DoD:S. But, this cannot happen without players interested in becoming better.

If anyone is willing to give an hour a week, or any suitable time, in-game hands-on training could really spice up the second server and give the more seasoned DoD:S player a welcome change of pace in the community.

Thoughts?

#2 duff

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

Hi Striker

thx for posting.Great idea.
DjSpleen and me were trying to seed the server some days ago, but there were some technical issues, which at first have to be fixed. When the server is ready to be playend on, ill enjoy helping to seed it and get it running. We are currently working on it. :)

Nice too see theres still interest in a FF-ON-server.

Hope we´ll meet soon in game :)

#3 Thumper

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

I am definitely in when this goes live

#4 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

What sort of training are you going to do?

#5 Kerfuffle

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

Conditioning training is involved. We lift cases of Diet Dew to get in shape. Thumper eats carrots and talks endlessly about when are we going to go humping.

Do you play DoD Harry? I tried it at Alvin T's suggestion. It's a lot of fun. Even Redshirt joins in with his lunar ping as a Rocketeer.

Hope to see you there.

#6 Striker

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Haha, I like the physical training portion. Make sure you include some calisthenics! lol.

Uhm, the training is very focused in nature. I break it down into small categories. Ranging from proper room entry to pistol techniques. For instance, one day I might cover two topics at a half-hour each. Say, learning how to properly "cook" and throw grenades, or legal map references for better rifle-grenade use. Then, I might cover how to properly peek corners, using rifles, and advancement towards an enemy that is firing back at you. Most of the training I do has been utilized in various forms throughout the realism community to boost competitive play as a team. But, the training dramatically improves your public in-game play as well. Smart use of weaponry, instead of runnin' and gunnin'.

#7 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Conditioning training is involved. We lift cases of Diet Dew to get in shape. Thumper eats carrots and talks endlessly about when are we going to go humping.

Do you play DoD Harry? I tried it at Alvin T's suggestion. It's a lot of fun. Even Redshirt joins in with his lunar ping as a Rocketeer.

Hope to see you there.

Yes, I have tryed DOD. It is hard on my old puter. Steam I find isn't very friendly to me, constant updates, these updates always take their time.
Last time I entered into game, Steam took almost 15 minutes to update. I suffer lag spikes in game. Not always. When I do it makes it tough to move and live.

#8 dj_spleen

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

Say, learning how to properly "cook" and throw grenades,

I think for atleast this part im good, dont need training, LOL

But yea im with duff on this, we get the server up, Ill seed.

#9 Kerfuffle

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hope to see you there.

Yes, I have tryed DOD. It is hard on my old puter. Steam I find isn't very friendly to me, constant updates, these updates always take their time.
Last time I entered into game, Steam took almost 15 minutes to update. I suffer lag spikes in game. Not always. When I do it makes it tough to move and live.

Harry good seeing you in DoD yesterday, if but for a short time.

Please PM me. I may be able to assist you in your computer hardware. Be sure to tell me what you are currently running for hardware.

#10 Striker

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

I should've added to the cooking grenades portion, different areas of the map that can be used to your advantage.

#11 smegga

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

Talking about pings Harry, try playing the game when your ping at best is about 140 and at worst 280+. thats why i can only use the mp40 or thompson with any resemblance of skill. when you up against a player whose ping is in the 40 and less you need all the help you can.

#12 Thumper

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

Cooked grenades are awesome.... Add a pinch of salt and pepper then toss in a rabbit hole... wait 5 seconds ... instant rabbit stew!

#13 LadyBadass

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'm game!I need all the training I can get.But I'll tell ya, I need it slow and easy! :blush: LOL!

#14 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

Talking about pings Harry, try playing the game when your ping at best is about 140 and at worst 280+. thats why i can only use the mp40 or thompson with any resemblance of skill. when you up against a player whose ping is in the 40 and less you need all the help you can.

Mine isn't a ping issue smegga. I would imagine my ping on DOD is the same as BF42. I have no clue as how to check ping. My problem is in my computer I think. I get around other players and the games slows down and at times is like a slideshow. But then at times it seems to run pretty smooth. Well as smooth as I would imagine. I don't think I have ever played BF42 or DOD smoothly. Just once I would love to play these games on a computer that handles the game. I have cable internet, so I don't feel it is that.

#15 Striker

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

Build yourself a computer for around 500 bucks base, and you'll be able to play most of the new games as well as the old.

#16 Redshirt

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

If you have a set day for seed or training, I'll certainly join in. I would certainly like to see the second server up and running.

Harry I've been getting these intermittent ping spikes much like you were describing. They started about 2 weeks ago, not sure why, but I'll use the default scapegoat and blame steam. And yes "slideshow" is a good description of what it runs like when it occurs.

#17 Lin

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

That happens to me as well. When it does I restart Steam, and sometimes I have to reboot my computer.

#18 Kerfuffle

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

If you have a set day for seed or training, I'll certainly join in. I would certainly like to see the second server up and running.

Harry I've been getting these intermittent ping spikes much like you were describing. They started about 2 weeks ago, not sure why, but I'll use the default scapegoat and blame steam. And yes "slideshow" is a good description of what it runs like when it occurs.

Red, have you stopped wearing the aluminum foil hat while playing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com