Photo

DOD:S Mini Tourney Ready to go

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Well here it is guy’s and gal’s

1) Stock maps only (3 different stock maps), in order to conserve time maps will be reduced from 30 minutes to 20 minutes.

2) Best 2 of 3 maps, if there is no winner in a round after the time expires; the winner is the team with the most captured flags at the end of the round.

3) FF On (Obviously)

4) Team Talk On, for strategic reasons

5) A signup thread will be posted in the DOD:S General Forums, this signup thread will indicate the 3 maps that will be played, the signup deadline and the proposed play date

6) As part of the sign up you will be requested to identify if you would like to play as Allied or Axis (this is not a guarantee that you will get to play for the one you want but it may better your chances)

7) Each map may have a restriction as to which classes will be available and how many of that class will be permitted (some maps favor certain classes and this may help balance the playing field)

8) If there are no class restrictions on all three maps to be played (aside from Standard MoonGamer Restrictions) you will be expected to maintain the same class throughout the three maps. You may pick up weapons from a killed Team mate but not from an enemy player.

9) Each team must have a “Team Leader”, Team Leaders will be designated before hand for team v.s. team coordination and communication should the need arise

10) Team Leaders should communicate in Teamspeak (to avoid players jumping in on their conversation when they are trying to resolve a potential issue)

11) After the signup period has expired and we have reached our minimum amount of players, the Team Leaders will alternately select from the pool of player who will be on their team (keep in mind this is subjective and may not be perfect).

12) All participants will be given a password to the server as the server will be locked to avoid others from entering and disrupting the game. It will be requested that all participants enter the server 15 minutes before the game begins in order to set up the game properly

Determining the winner of a map
A map can consist of several rounds, at the end of a round the final flag caps are noted via a screenshot that is taken by each Team Leader, this applies for all rounds played on a map, at the end of the map all flag caps are tallied and a winner team is declared. In the event of a tie everyone shakes hands and says great game then we move on to the next map and continue
Games will be held on Saturdays at 4pm EST in order to allow players from different time zones to play without having to be get up in the middle of the night to join a game

Next Game Day, Saturday Feb 25, 2012 at 4:00pm EST
Maps to be played are Donner, Flash & Avalanche

Player Name,
Preferred team,
Volunteer to be Team Leader (Yes or no)(Must have Teamspeak)

#2 Thumper

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

Player Name: Thumper7458
Preferred team: Axis
Volunteer to be Team Leader: No

Let the party begin!

Date Feb 15 2010: I went to fire up my computer last night and Fizt... nothing happened didn't even go to post, after disconnecting it and cleaning out the dust bunnies (lol pun intended) and checking the internal connections it has been diagnosed that my 7 yr old system has finally kicked the bucket. I will try to install DOD on my less than stellar laptop and see where I stand, I may not be able to participate until I can afford the parts for a new desktop.

#3 spareclip

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Player Name: Spareclip
Preferred team: allies
Volunteer to be Team Leader: Yes

#4 duff

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

Player Name: duff
Preferred team: Axis
Volunteer to be Team Leader: if theres absolutely noone else: yes

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

If I don't forget it or have something else:

Player Name: Captain John H. Mille®.
Preferred team: Doesnt matter.
Volunteer to be Team Leader: Negative.
Volunteer to be Bait: Positive.

#6 birney

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

Player Name. Birney
Preferred team. Allied
Volunteer to be Team Leader. No
Volunteer to be Bait: Everyone else

#7 K9

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Player Name: K9
Preferred team: Doesn't matter. I'll still have my 5 ping.
Volunteer to be Team Leader (Yes or no)(Must have Teamspeak): No. If you're desperate, I will.
If you follow, I will lead, but we may not be moving in the right direction.

**Edit**
I'm sorry, I won't be able to make this match. Something has come up on the 25th that will require my attendance until at least 7:30pm Eastern. If there are more matches after this one, I would love to participate.

#8 Redshirt

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Player Name,Redshirt
Preferred team,Will play either
Volunteer to be Team Leader (Yes or no)(Must have Teamspeak):No but would in a pinch.....

#9 dj_spleen

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

DJ Spleen
Axis
NO team leader

#10 K9

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

I have edited my original post. If it was later that evening, I would be able to make it...

#11 Kerfuffle

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Just got back into town, so I missed the cutoff.

Can do if needed.

Player Name. Kerfuffle
Preferred team. The one that is stacked, or the one with a stacked.....
Volunteer to be Team Leader. Heavens no, not a certified cat herder.
Preferred weapon: One that is loaded, but no rifle, no sniper

Well here it is guy's and gal's

Player Name,
Preferred team,

Could we introduce Rennes at night map this way Thumper?

#12 Samson

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Player Name: [NN]Samson
Preferred team: allies
Volunteer to be Team Leader: Nein!

#13 Thumper

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

Well guys I must say, this was a blast, we had our share of hiccups but that was to be expected, I would like to learn how to password the server in the future to avoid unexpected visitors (had had a few but they were made welcome by the registered players). The attendance was low, but again, I expected that, I hope this grows a little more as I had a blast playing with friendly fire on, it really changes the game and with the fun attitude that was prevalent it made it that much more hilarious when you unintentionally killed a team mate. I also like the restriction it put on Redshirt and DJ Spleen not to 'zook or 'nade anything that moved :wasnt-me:.

Looking forward to the next game

Just got back into town, so I missed the cutoff.

Can do if needed.

Player Name. Kerfuffle
Preferred team. The one that is stacked, or the one with a stacked.....
Volunteer to be Team Leader. Heavens no, not a certified cat herder.
Preferred weapon: One that is loaded, but no rifle, no sniper

Well here it is guy's and gal's

Player Name,
Preferred team,

Could we introduce Rennes at night map this way Thumper?

If we can get this map on the "Stomping grounds" server by all means we will play it :applaud:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com