Photo

dod_flash_maz

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Kerfuffle

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

i will try to describe where the window is, as you leave the allied spawn and you see on your right a building with two archways, one has sandbags blocking one arch while you can run through the other. you can continue out the building by using the exit ahead or you can go upstairs, if you go up the stairs you pass two windows, keep going around the corner and there is a single window which you can shoot out and look down the road toward the direction of the center flag. this window is clear if you look from the inside but if you look from the outside the shutters are still in place and you cannot see the sniper at the window.

if this explanation is not clear enough, (which is more likely the case),next time i see you in game i will show you.

Excellent description Smegga. I found it right away.

The problem is that the inner shutter is breakable, but it is not tied to the outer shutter, which is not breakable. Thus, you can see and fire out, having broken the inner shutter, but can not do so firing in, as he shutter will absorb the bullet impacts..

The solution is either to remove the shutters entirely on both sides, or to tie breakable shutters on BOTH sides to the trigger.

#22 Maz

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Ah, yes excellent description. I guess I screwed up when I boarded up that window in the first place. I checked it out, but I did not try and shoot it out.
I will make sure it is not breakable as that gives a huge sniper advantage over that choke point.
Thanks a lot to both of you for pointing it out

#23 Kerfuffle

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

Ah, yes excellent description. I guess I screwed up when I boarded up that window in the first place. I checked it out, but I did not try and shoot it out.
I will make sure it is not breakable as that gives a huge sniper advantage over that choke point.
Thanks a lot to both of you for pointing it out

Can you make it breakable, but only by Smegga?

#24 Kerfuffle

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Maz:

Another question on the map came up tonight.

The screen on the first floor of the shutterhouse, you can walk through it. Is that deliberate?

#25 Maz

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

No, not on purpose. Also another issue is in the middle house you can actually go prone on that window sill.

I added now have an extended or dod_Village_of_Maz map. It has added pathways to the middle, and a "field" between the second flags behind the hotel middle building.

http://www.gamebanan...ods/maps/164622

I can go back and fix issues with Flash_maz, the window, the screen, and the sill easily, if there is the option to play both maps, but I figured I would see how this one works.

#26 Kerfuffle

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

No, not on purpose. Also another issue is in the middle house you can actually go prone on that window sill.

I added now have an extended or dod_Village_of_Maz map. It has added pathways to the middle, and a "field" between the second flags behind the hotel middle building.

http://www.gamebanan...ods/maps/164622

I can go back and fix issues with Flash_maz, the window, the screen, and the sill easily, if there is the option to play both maps, but I figured I would see how this one works.

I would fix it and have both available. We may find that larger groups like the new map, while smaller groups like the first version.

#27 whitewolf777

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

i love this map its one of the best maps i played

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com