Photo

30 day notice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

Yes, this is a serious notice. MoonGamers doesn't have a money tree, the money to pay for where you play must come from somewhere. Right now, we are short of the goal for the month of June; not enough money has yet been donated toward your gaming pleasure. Yes, there are other servers. No, they will not be the same as MoonGamers.

It is now up to you whether your favorite server will live or die...not just for June, but every month. This is unprecedented and a new thing for us; for eight years, we have had sufficient donations to cover all of the gaming here. That time is over, and we have run through all of the reserves we had for "lean times" until there is literally nothing left.

For a clearer picture of where we are and whether or not you can save your server, please see this Announcements link:
http://www.moongamer...showtopic=58690

It has been a fun run and hopefully...it can still be a fun run for a while longer. This is one time where it does "take a village" to nurture something along, and that village is all of you. The more people who donate small amounts, the more you can be assured that we will continue to provide quality gaming for mature adults.

If you're able to pull it off...thank you. If you are not well, it's been fun. I for one hope we continue to game together.

This is tougher than you know...this is my "home" server, it's where I play in this community. To have to put up a 30 day notice for the one that brings me joy is hard, but I am also determined to see it live. My budget is currently slim, I make half of what I used to but the bills didn't go away. I can no longer donate the amount of money I used to donate, but I have already sent in two small donations for this month, and next month I will be signing up for a small monthly subscription to do what I can to help keep "my" server from closing. This will be my monthly pledge to help keep Day of Defeat Source alive here at MoonGamers.

I urge you to make a pledge of your own, and send in monthly donations to help keep us going. A cheeseburger will bring you 10 minutes of "joy" (and add 2 inches to your waist). This server can bring you hours of joy...with no side effect of weight gain. Sacrifice the small joy for the larger one. :D Post your pledges here, let's see who is interested in paying their own way and who will be pledging to keep DoD:S alive!

Lin
  • Warrior124 likes this

#2 Sillyminion

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Why do I play at Moongamers? This server is mostly populated with good players and even more importantly, good people. Can I find 100 different places across the interwebs where good players play? Sure, I have found a bunch of those. Can I find another server populated with good people? Maybe.

This is why places like Moongamers are like a special little oasis is the desert that is FPS gaming. We have good players, good people, good admins who sacrifice their gaming time to help keep the servers hacker/troll free so that we can all have fun and enjoy playing the game. Also, if all you want to do is play the game and have zero social interaction, you can do so without hearing all about the sexual proclivities of your mother. It's amazing!

I understand money can be tight (I am a single father/full time student), but if everyone who regularly plays here (2 - 3 + times a week, you know who you are) donated as little as $10 (the cost of 2 large Starbucks coffee frufru drinks) the server would be more than paid for with excess monies going towards the file server and rebuilding the cash reserves. Both of which are extremely important to the overall health of Moongamers.

TL;DR Freedoms not free, and neither is online gaming.

P.S. I donated $15

#3 LadyBadass

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

@ Silly: Well said~! I just did my share too. I love playing @ Moongamers. It's a great place to play!It pays to play,But you should donate to keep this fine establishment going and going!
I did it and it didn't even hurt!!

Lady Badass

#4 SpetzNaz

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

I just started playing here, but I certainly wouldn't like to see that change. I've tossed some into the donation pot as well. Hopefully enough money can be raised. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com