Photo

Here ya are Lead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 1ShOtKiLL

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:06 PM

System:

Mircrosoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 1

Dell Computer Corporation

Dell DIMENSION DIM4550

Intel[R]

Pentium 4 CPU 2.00GHz

1.99 GHz

512 MB of RAM

If you need more info, just tell me on here or AIM me. Thanks

#2 LeadPoison

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:16 AM

ok, good, no problem so far, you have the sound problem right?

What video card do you have? Are the drivers updated?
What sound card do you have? Are the drivers updated?
Have you tried to reinstall the game cleanly and completely?
What are your in-game sound settings? Does it lag on "low" quality without "hardware acceleration"?
What are your OS sound settings? ie. Hardware profiles.....

#3 1ShOtKiLL

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:07 PM

Hey Lead, im not sure what kind of video card or sound card, i have, it came stock with the pc. I was having problems a couple weeks ago, no sound from Kazaa or the game, and only received sound from internet, then i was messin with the drivers. Not sure what i did, might of updated, or rolled back, but im not quite sure. I unstalled the game, yes. When i have sound, it lags me like im running Kazaa. Ver bad. I ran the game with high everything on and it ran great. Not sure about the OS sound settings.

#4 LeadPoison

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:48 PM

Did you used to have sound on bf1942? after v1.6?
When you put a music cd in the drive can you hear it?
Have you played with the in-game sound settings?
Everything is connected right? ie..speakers, soundcard?

Don't feel bad, the battlefield series has the worst sound optimization of any game series. <_<

#5 1ShOtKiLL

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:10 PM

Yes, I have bf intro music. I can like sit still and have sound it wont lag. But once I start moving, it lags me bad. And si, 1.6 I had sound. No, I havent played with the sound settings. And of course everything is connect.

Its just like when my sound went crazy, I started messin' with shit and finally got my sound back and then bf sound in-game went to shit.

#6 LeadPoison

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:18 PM

I am thinking that lag is coming from your game sound being "hardware accelerated" check to see if that helps it by playing with the sound options in bf1942.

#7 1ShOtKiLL

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:19 PM

So your saying turn it to low or around there?

#8 LeadPoison

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:21 PM

Well, see if that helps it, Uncheck the hardware accelerated box if checked, if not then see if it works better with it on. Like I said battlefield games suck as far as sounds goes.

#9 1ShOtKiLL

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:23 PM

Well I have ran it low, but I havent tried to ''hardware accelerated box'' though yet. Will try it, if it dont work. Its np, and thanks for helping me out.

#10 LeadPoison

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:51 AM

Glad we got your problem fixed, now no more excuses when I kill you. :lol:

jk

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com