Photo

Turning the timer off on Market Garden Sunday night

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 mexican eskimo

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

I don't know about you guys but I think rotation needs a refresh.

I don't know about you guys but I think rotation needs a refresh.

The rotation gets updated/switched every time after the RtR/SW Sundays end.

But Market Garden continually gets put on first, and it just seems like there is so much MG fatigue.

#42 Angerfist

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:46 AM

Market gets first because it somehow always draws population.

I'm not really a fan of MG, but I witnessed that it brought the pop up to 40 last Sunday after RTR / SW. At a very late time of the night. Even though the round was very onesided and without a timer. 

#43 Renlist

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:45 PM

Market Garden is a solid map, probably one of, if not the best, all around map.  The crowd thinned out last night, down to about 8 vs.8 and I have to say MG is a lousy map with so few.

Axis got all the flags and it was pathetic as a talented pilot and 3 panzers pretty much had every Allied player dying within seconds of spawning for 15 minutes straight.

I decided that was the way it was going to be for the next 30 minutes, so I left.  An admin was on hand, funny he didn't change the map to a smaller one.

I returned later for Liberation of Caen and it was OK, but still only 7 vs. 7.

By the way, [Admin]Twilight said I was spamming nades on that map at the church. Not so.  I was the only one spawning there time after time and kept being owned by him and another

top 5 player practically the moment I spawned  Therefore it must have seemed like I was spamming nades, but I was dying often and so fast that I kept lobbing 3 nades to try and kill one

of them when I spawned (like 6 times in a row).  It must have seemed like I was nade spamming, but I wasn't.  I was being outgunned by those two and was trying to give  myself the best chance to nail one of them.  

#44 Angerfist

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

This is not meant as an attack against you, it's meant to explain the rule and why Twilight was right to kick you.

Definition of nade / expack spam :

more than 3 nades / 4 expacks in a row against infantry & using grenades and expacks as primary weapons. 

The warnings get displayed constantly via grey text. 

#45 Renlist

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:02 PM

I didn't get kicked.  I  left,  Poindexter. Maybe the records show different.  It  was 1:00 AM PST.  I had had enough of getting pwned.   The two of them anticipated my grenade tosses after spawning. It was pathetic.  I felt humiliated.  [Admin]Twilight doesn't just play this game...he brutalizes it. 

• Twilight likes this

#46 mexican eskimo

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:03 PM

using expacks as primary weapons. 

I find this funny.  It is simply NEVER ever ever enforced.  Like ever.  

#47 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

I just wonder why if it is a capturable flag, that players that own you that much did not turn it grey and capture it.

it smells fishy isn't it ? And what other option did reenlist had if killed immediately after spawn but nade and try to overcome been spawn killed ? Don't say "spawn elsewhere" as what must be is a player attack a flag to capture it.

I bet that if we could have a match where all in play honorably, the regular guys that are at top of scores, won't be there more, lets don't be hipocrats and assume that at some point, we all abused other gamers by using cuestionable tactics.

Then the bottom line is, how much are you willing to end such tactics and play the game fairly for others by never ever spawn camp or uncap/main flag camp ?

What made me admire another gamer is only his/her honorable gentle manners towards others, not if while in no other pilot can take off (after all must be horrible to had no match in what you like the most in the game, just alone up there) or who tank kill again and again spawns before they even move and many other etcetera. That is why, for example I admire Harry Trigger, he's great in the game, with team mates, new players and even enemy that after he prevail in a battle always search for a chat to find the fun on this game.

I do know I am not yet the honorable gamer I wish to be, I'm working on it and is hard to let down the easy kill tactics used for many years, but I have promised myself to give a step each game towards one day be one and have somebody write words alike I have give to Harry.

Is good to see both sides of the coin, or you can go with a fake.

#48 Twilight

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

more than 3 nades / 4 expacks in a row against infantry & using grenades and expacks as primary weapons. 

The warnings get displayed constantly via grey text. 

Isn't it amazing how constantly it's ignored.

I felt humiliated.  [Admin]Twilight doesn't just play this game...he brutalizes it.

How sincerely glad I am you approve of my work. I also issued you a warning not to complain about the map (at the time liberation of caen), so long as I was present. Which you didn't, well done on that. Incidentally, if you'd used the word "violated", I think I might have needed my next of kin to provide reply. Dying of laughter is possible after all.

#49 gregefc

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

I will say if it was truly 8v8 on market as renlist states and you have people absolutely whoring in planes, that's pretty lame.

But my opinion is null and void. I haven't played 1942 more than two or three times over the past year.

I'd probably talk some good shit if I was getting pwnt like that. Its especially bad because the allied main flak can only do so much.

#50 Renlist

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:20 AM

One talented axis pilot doing loop-d-loops non stop, hitting every spawning Allied  for 35 minutes. 3 panzers took care of any other Allied attempt at a flag.

No big whoop,   I cut out.  The map went on for another 35 minutes.

#51 Rubulator

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:28 AM

Some days your the fly... and some days your fly chit...

#52 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:53 AM

It's hard to catc. Click that Mex and fill it in ----> http://www.moongamer...showtopic=19163

• dodgem likes this

#53 Angerfist

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

Mex, I actually kick for this. Mostly on BX and Omaha. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm surprised somebody comes to the forums to complain about an Admin for a justified warning (and about the Admin simply playing the game). Not about a kick or a ban, but a warning. 

Next step will probably be a complaint about an Admin simply tagging up. 

• birney likes this

#54 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

Anyone ever seen the Movie Groundhogs Day?

This thread is just like that movie.

#55 mexican eskimo

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:51 PM

It's hard to catc. Click that Mex and fill it in ----> http://www.moongamer...showtopic=19163

Well that would certainly solve the problem of Bulge ever running on the server.  Like ever.

• dodgem likes this

#56 Rubulator

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:13 AM

BotB is a fun map... Keep Mexmo away from the red button !!! :)

#57 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:26 AM

Anyone ever seen the Movie Groundhogs Day?

This thread is just like that movie.

It is !!  

it need no solution or can`t be solved. 

#58 Renlist

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

Battle of the Bulge.  There's a map that could use an upgrade for these times.  Like maybe having the Allied rear bases uncappable?   One of them maybe.

#59 mexican eskimo

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

Battle of the Bulge.  There's a map that could use an upgrade for these times.  Like maybe having the Allied rear bases uncappable?   One of them maybe.

or having more than 5 vehicles for each team....

I really have never understood the enjoyment that map.  Basically ends up camping because everyone that actually gets a tank is too afraid to do anything because if it dies you spend the rest of the map walking 5-10 minutes between spawn points, and then you arrive and a tank sittting there kills you.

• Twilight and Rubulator like this

#60 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

or having more than 5 vehicles for each team....

I really have never understood the enjoyment that map.  Basically ends up camping because everyone that actually gets a tank is too afraid to do anything because if it dies you spend the rest of the map walking 5-10 minutes between spawn points, and then you arrive and a tank sittting there kills you.

Battle of the Bulge is great map, but need as Mexican said, more vehicles.  Large maps had that issue of the walking, for me is part of the game, if i want rush ill play Unreal. The large maps should run only when 40 people or more,  then are mid size ones like Wake, Guadalcanal, Kursk that can run from 20 to 40 great and least but not last the small maps, Berlin, Stalingrad,.

The key is to run maps that short distance between gamers so game become faster and more fun. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com