Photo

How to deal with 'cranky' Admins

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scottisblack

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hey all.  First post, which is somewhat unfortunate but I don't think it has to be a 'negative' one necessarily.

I've logged a couple hundred hours under the names scottisblack and drunkendood so most people have seen me and I've typically had pleasant exchanges with most members. 

My experience on moongamers has been OVERWHEMLINGLY positive so I thought I'd say that right out of the gate. I love playing here, and it's the only site I play on with any regularity and the only site I intend to play on. (RIP SOC Phillies) I respect the rules.  I enjoy the rules. 

A couple incidents occured in the last couple days.  These incidents are relatively minor but I did find myself a bit aggrivated so I wanted to clear them up.

Admittedly the first incident was no big deal and I chalked it up to a misunderstanding.  There was some discussion about hacking going on and I ended up getting kicked for it.( i wasn't accusing anyone but I can understand it sounded like I was implying it).  When I got back on from being kicked I was also informed I would be banned if I mentioned hacking again and told that it wasn't the first time I had been warned.  I told the admin that I hadn't been warned before (these things I tend to remember) and he replied with some dismissive responses so I let it go after that.  Not a big deal but I was a bit surprised considering I felt I am a good member and I had seen far more patience exercised with far more disruptive members.  I felt a kick or a warning was warrated but not a threat of ban.

Then today I was playing on Bocage when one of the members accused me of hacking and asked that the admin put me on the watch list.  I replied 'oh shutup' and 'I cannot explain your crappiness' when the player asked me how I survived our altercation(he was shooting me in a tank), to which the Admin replied "Do not disrespect other players" and in  repsonse to his accusation  of cheating "he is already on our watch list."  Not only did he not issue a warning to the player who had accused me (Who I just noticed is a Donor on this site) he reprimanded me.  My understanding was that a bit of smack talk is okay so on my end I can't understand why anything was said at all.

I was already a little putt off (only slightly) by the snappiness from the day before so when this happened I felt like something needed to be said or else I was going to jeopardize my own ability to play on here at some undetermined point.

Two incidents in a couple or three days which I felt were handled poorly.  The first one being entirely forgivable (due to misunderstanding and the fact I had broken a rule) but the second one left me scratching my head.

I hate being 'that guy' to come onto a forum and bitch but the reality is this site is awesome and I appreciate that a server of this level still exists!  I'm shocked at the level of operating fees and I appreciate every member that comes on here and gives their hard earned cash so we can extend this title longer than would otherwise be possible.

It would be one thing if I had built up a bad reputation for myself but the fact is I've been one of the more agreeable members on this site and I feel that is fair of me to say.  I just haven't been active in the forums.

As far as the accusation of cheating goes, I don't cheat and I'm happy to hear that cheaters are watched.  However,  I'm not happy with how I was suddenly singled out because one of the donors got his suspicions raised.

My concern is that if I have a 'cranky day' and one of the admins singles me out, then my BF1942 days are over.  Hopefully we can clear it up. I'm all for moongamers and I think you guys are great.  I'm on your side!  Please don't consider me to be on the chopping block!

Scott

#2 posi

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:31 PM

:Welcome1:

Scott , As one the volunteers I will address your concern.  

There are standard practices on this server which guard against minor offenses, differences of opinion, or small misunderstandings to become a reason for exclusion.  You elude to the process of warns before kicks in your lengthy post.    

Bans for anything other then exploits can be appealed and follow a progression, most being temporary.  

Thank you for coming to forums to express your feelings instead of in game.  

The interactions you posted highlight..

1. The importance of not throwing around hackusations.

2. The ability of a player in the game to request that another player be added to a watch list.

As to the disposition of the admin...    Simply put..  the position, as it is fielded on this server.. has high standards and requirements.  I'd hope that would be considered with complaints regarding any member of the team.  Offer them some latitude while they are on the server, it is a volunteer position.  

Feel free to toss an application into the stack for review.   :smilie_fluester:     

#3 scottisblack

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

:Welcome1:

Scott , As one the volunteers I will address your concern.  

There are standard practices on this server which guard against minor offenses, differences of opinion, or small misunderstandings to become a reason for exclusion.  You elude to the process of warns before kicks in your lengthy post.    

Bans for anything other then exploits can be appealed and follow a progression, most being temporary.  

Thank you for coming to forums to express your feelings instead of in game.  

The interactions you posted highlight..

1. The importance of not throwing around hackusations.

2. The ability of a player in the game to request that another player be added to a watch list.

As to the disposition of the admin...    Simply put..  the position, as it is fielded on this server.. has high standards and requirements.  I'd hope that would be considered with complaints regarding any member of the team.  Offer them some latitude while they are on the server, it is a volunteer position.  

Feel free to toss an application into the stack for review.   :smilie_fluester:     

I wasn't aware that it was okay to request someone to watch list.  That's good to know.   I mostly just needed to vent a bit and express my feelings that I think this server is great and I dont' want anything to jeopardize that.  I didnt' feel I was dealt with fairly but as long as the Admins know my clear intentions of being a good member (and I believe my record proves that for those who are 'watching').

Anyways thanks for taking the time.

#4 scottisblack

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

I should also mention I don't even know which admin was talking to me because he was chatting through the yellow text and no admins were in game.

I got the sense it was the same person both times but it would be nice if he would pop in here.

#5 Enforcer

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for playing Moongamers and help to keep it populated.  While we do try and represent in a positive manner, there are those days..well, like you said..just not particularly good ones.

We do appreciate your input, the way it was written in a coherent way and making a sound point.  Often times, we just get a long, winded rant where one can tell the person wrote it in anger and is not normally a very productive post.

So, keep your head down and shoot them before they shoot you.

#6 Lin

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:15 PM

Hi Scott,

It was me on both occasions. I often will check on the server during break and lunch times from work, and I watch for issues in the evenings (pacific time).

The first time you were rather insistent on discussing hacks and you seemed overly interested in a particular hack. Someone was responding to you, and you two were having a discussion about it. This is not appropriate on the server as it creates interest in the very thing we ban for. This is why you see in gray text (which is on a continuous scroll) NOT to talk about hacks in the server. Thus, you have been warned about hack talk simply by playing in the server quite frequently. I am also pretty sure I have warned you about hackusations before as well; if I am wrong, then I apologize but consider this to be your warning.

On the second incident I noticed some interaction going on and my intent was to stop the insults and again, to stop the hackusation. It doesn't matter to me if someone donates, they do not get preferential treatment. Donations help to keep this server alive, they do not buy anything else. You have been put onto the watch list due to prior request(s), as are any of the players who score decently. Most of the newbies simply do not understand the physics of this game, nor the idiosyncrasies. You dive behind sandbags just to get shot anyway, etc. That is not a hack, it is the hitbox and the way it works in this game. Stuff like that is what admins have to separate out from the real hacks, and this is why players are put onto a watch list and not automatically kicked or banned just because a player demands it. Admins have to see the infractions because they may and often do have to defend their actions to senior management.

Break is over and I have to go again. I hope this clears up some of your concerns.

Lin

PS...I will normally identify myself if asked, but there are times when I literally check in and check out because of my real life timing.

• Twilight likes this

#7 scottisblack

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for the comment Big Cheese and thanks for responding Lin.

Disagree with the way the second incident was handled but I won't drone on.

Anyways take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com