Photo

Xfire - What, Where and How?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 -=5thPara=-Dave

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

I have noticed recently on Moongamer servers, that whenever someone mentions Xfire, half the players always say 'what the hell is xfire?'. So i thort i would write a topic with an explanation :D

Xfire

Xfire is a basically another version of the chat applications like MSN messenger and AIM (Aol Instant Messenger). However Xfire is specifically designed for gaming chat, which is what makes it so useful for moonies, as you can contact all your friends, no what moon server they are on. ;) They dont even have to be on a game. As long as they are logged into xfire you can still contact them, and then you can chat while you play, rather than all this 'alt + tab' nonsense. All you have to do is find your friend's usernames and then you can add them and your away. While in game, the messages appear as a pop up in the bottom right corner of the screen.

After you have installed Xfire (following the very easier install steps) you can then load up the control panel. Which will three main tabs, friends, servers and files.

The Friends tab shows you your friends list (Duh! lol).

The Server tab shows you your recently visited servers, favourite servers (which you can manually add) and then the server search option.

The Files tab shows you an overview of file transfers. The other real postive of xfire is that it lets you send files to one another, and even resumes from where you left off, if there was an error and it gets cancelled half way through. It also allows downloads game patches automatically for you, which is very handy :D

Few of the good points about xfire

1. Allows you to see what game your friends are playing, what server they are playing.
2. You can then right click friend names and and use the 'join game' option to follow them to the server
3. You can use the same method to follow them into teamspeak
4. You use the insert + x button togther to reply to chat messages while in game. This can then be altered in the xfire 'options'
5. Can add all the moon servers to your favourites! :bthumb:

Here is the link to the website for the download, with a screen shot of the xfire console on the homepage.

www.xfire.com

Edited by -=5thPara=-Dave, 08 May 2006 - 05:10 AM.

#2 The Xevious

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

Add me: whytwokay

I quite like the program, sometimes I use it more than AIM, mainly because it will track my gameplay and allow the ingame chat, it helps a lot.

#3 phinnaeus

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:35 PM

hey everybody: lets make this one of those threads where you post your xfire name and people add you!
OK!

phinnaeus

Edited by phinnaeus, 09 May 2006 - 06:05 AM.

#4 cowhead_cow

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:44 PM

Seymour Butts

#5 Houie

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:05 PM

My Xfire username is houie.

Something on this page is making my whole computer lag...

#6 Grenade71822

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:35 PM

Mine is grenade71822. You can use it to post screen shots on x fires webpage. And press F1 to see some help commands.

#7 -=5thPara=-Dave

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:07 AM

Xfire Username: 5thparadave

Yer its made contacting people so much easier. How many times have to u logged onto a server to speak to some one and then they leave just as you get in! <_<

I recommend Xfire to every1! Plus it doesn't really cause any ingame lag either if that is something people are worried about. I still die just as many times as i did before i installed it lol.

Edited by -=5thPara=-Dave, 08 May 2006 - 05:08 AM.

#8 Dark Lancer

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:31 AM

My name is darkestlancer.

I wanted just plain darklancer, but someone else stole it. :pokey:

#9 Craspir

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:39 AM

Posted Image

Thats mine...i haven't used this Program in the last Months, because most my Friends prefer other Instant Messengers. But alot of Moonies seem to use XFire, so i guess i should login more often in the Future :)

#10 SOLDIER FROM HELL

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:46 AM

Xfire = soldierfromhellnl

I love it :D

#11 -=5thPara=-Dave

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:49 AM

Posted Image

Thats mine...i haven't used this Program in the last Months, because most my Friends prefer other Instant Messengers. But alot of Moonies seem to use XFire, so i guess i should login more often in the Future :)

sweet, i have added you m8. :coo:

#12 Pinkerton

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:09 AM

mine is teh - pinkertonn

#13 Donovan for TD

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:42 PM

My Xfire ID - donovanfortd. I bet you're shocked aren't you lol.

#14 mangone

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:14 PM

mine is omenslq

invited a bunch of you!

#15 Bomber Pilot

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:21 PM

It RULEZ mine is Snookie232 add me evry1 :D

#16 SOCiAL Killa

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:27 PM

mine is socialkilla

Good informational post. I'll give it a try.

#17 phinnaeus

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:07 PM

WOW. I just added everyone who is in this thread up to this point. This is pretty cool.

#18 Capt. Conair

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:17 PM

captainconair

#19 ~{HC}~Duke

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:33 PM

xfire=hcduke Just down loaded xfire so we will see :applaud:

:spam1:

#20 SOLDIER FROM HELL

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:35 PM

Good Topic Davie-boy :) :pinkele:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users