Photo

Signature Size

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 LuigiBrotha

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

No it was. I am not sure if I am allowed to advertise so I'll just write it really small. www.gtawh.com I'll try to contact the host and ask him which file it is. I'll hope he won't mind.

#42 The Xevious

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:14 PM

No it was. I am not sure if I am allowed to advertise so I'll just write it really small. I'll try to contact the host and ask him which file it is. I'll hope he won't mind.

Negative fonts dont work. :P

That forum is using 2.0.4, so the code might be slightly different in 2.1.4. Theoretically you could do a

<div style="overflow:scroll; width:1000px; height:200px;">

</div>

In the template, but Enforcer's sig is slightly larger, yet unobtrusize. Mine is .5px over the limit, whoopdiedoo, adding scrollbars to it would just make it worse in my opinion.

#43 LuigiBrotha

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:31 AM

No it was. I am not sure if I am allowed to advertise so I'll just write it really small. I'll try to contact the host and ask him which file it is. I'll hope he won't mind.

Negative fonts dont work. :P

That forum is using 2.0.4, so the code might be slightly different in 2.1.4. Theoretically you could do a

<div style="overflow:scroll; width:1000px; height:200px;">

</div>

In the template, but Enforcer's sig is slightly larger, yet unobtrusize. Mine is .5px over the limit, whoopdiedoo, adding scrollbars to it would just make it worse in my opinion.

The point wasn't to give people scrollbars. The point was to have admins have less work to do with looking at everyone with a size bigger then 200 x 1000 px. You could change it to 250 x 1000. But at a certain time you need to draw the line before people start making wallpaper sized sigs :P

#44 Noobie1 Canoli

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:10 PM

That was definitly not a Invision Power Board forum. By the looks of the code it was just a simple PHPBB, so the sig is not a <div> and $sig doesn't produce a sig. :P

Still...is the idea something that can be worked on and adapted to incorporate it with our board?

#45 The Xevious

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:04 PM

That was definitly not a Invision Power Board forum. By the looks of the code it was just a simple PHPBB, so the sig is not a <div> and $sig doesn't produce a sig. :P

Still...is the idea something that can be worked on and adapted to incorporate it with our board?

See my posts a few above, it has possible code. You could change overflow:none to remove scrollbars. I'm just saying that some sigs are slightly over, yet allowed, such as Enforcer. If you were to edit the HTML Templates it would allow to all member. Unless you used some keen HTML logic such as <if ibfmgroup=1>normal code</if> <if ibfmgroup=5>modded code</if> Not too sure on the specifics for IPB at the momment, but it's possible.

#46 Naked Cowboy

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:10 PM

I think mine might be to big, how do you shrink it, i tried and nothing happened?

#47 The Xevious

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:06 PM

Here are 2 resizes of your sig for you to use:

Resized to max 200 height limit:
Posted Image
[img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1863/reddogadvparty8il.jpg[/img]

Resized and recropped to max 200 height limit:
Posted Image
[img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2051/reddogadvpartyother7kr.jpg[/img]

#48 chinesemaster006

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:55 AM

I have a stupid question, I have a pic on my hard drive.
But I don't know how to add it in my sig.
Any help?

#49 The Xevious

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

I have a stupid question, I have a pic on my hard drive.
But I don't know how to add it in my sig.
Any help?

Upload it to a fine uploading service such as http://www.imageshack.us . Then, take the code it gives you, and place that into your sig in My Controls --> Edit Signature.

#50 chinesemaster006

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:23 PM

Ahh...
Ok Thanks.
I will set that up soon.

#51 Booth

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:01 AM

Good Call Enforcer!! I like to read with ppl are reading not watch mini movies ever 3 inches while slowing my page download speed at the same time lol Mabey we should have a seperate forum just for sig posts haha

#52 Striker

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:06 AM

uhhh... well since i am now limited to replies and replies pretty much only... i have a request... since this is the only signature topic i found... could anyone please change my avatar when i request it to the eagle scout symbol.... i can't do it.....sadly...

ok bye

#53 JJ

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:27 PM

A little help please, my size is 540 x 416 = 956. Is it allowable, or not.........{OTC} JJ

#54 Enforcer

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:29 PM

Yea, that is fine Jammer, but I would not add anything to it.

#55 JJ

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:31 PM

Thanks Steve, I really like that one and didn't want to trash it......{OTC} JJ

#56 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:32 AM

*bump*
they are starting to get large again

#57 JJ

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:44 AM

I am partially to blame for the topic coming back up. The WWII propaganda posters I was using were always taller then wide. I used the formula, inside 1000 x 200 = less than 1000 total. 440 x 550 would be ok, because of the limitations of my poster sizes. Well if I posted a one line response the entire post was massive. If my formula makes no sense to anyone it doesn't matter. No more than 1000 x 200, that is what I was asked to confirm to. I am really sorry if this affected any of your work, that was not my intent. I now need to figure out Painter and PS.....once again I aplogize............{OTC} JJ

My posts above with Steve were refering to a poster I had done.....

#58 Animal Mother

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

I think mine is a bit illegal too

#59 Enforcer

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:16 PM

Yes but both of those are close enough for government work. It was the two BF2 sigs plus a quote and some random crap you were listening to that was getting too large. In addition to the propaganda posters JJ was speaking of. Too bad we can' have a border, vs a signature.

#60 Zero1989

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:21 AM

how to put a signature pic there? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com