Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ol'Lonley

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

Hello everyone,
I am a co-worker of Comet and after listening to him for a few years about how good BF1942 was, I decided to buy a copy and try it out.
After loading the game, everything works fine for singleplayer, but when I try mulitiplayer I get an error about an invalid cd key. I did manage to log on to a few servers, but most (including Moongamers) I get the error. I have tried everything suggested by reading many forums on the net. Today I went back to the store where I purchased the game and got another copy. Uninstalled the game, removed all entries in the registry, reinstalled, installed the two patches and updated Punkbuster. Same problem.
I sent an email to EA but still no response.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Ol'Lonley

#2 mexican eskimo

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:51 PM

welcome to the forums and the game, i am not sure about your error but hopefully someone else that has received it will know.
:Welcome1:

#3 Lin

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

Hey Frank!

Don't worry...we have people who can help, they know the ins and outs of this game and its issues. Hang tight!

#4 Comet

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

Hey Frank!

Thanks for the intro bro. We'll get this issue figured out sooner or later, please be patient and hopefully we'll be kick'in your ass soon enough. :)

Folks, if you ever need a certified Maytag Repairman we now have one!

#5 Crime Dog

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:49 AM

Welcome to MG! Someone i know said a friend of his sons was having the same problem with his copy of bf2 so i dunno whats going on. My guess would be check your firewall make sure you are allowing pb thru your firewall. Also beware of used copies of the game could have gotten a copy with a banned cd key

#6 USHA

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:44 AM

Hi Frank, welcome to MG. sry i cant tell you how to fix the prob but i will say that contacting EA for help made me LOL. dont count on ea for help. your better off looking here.

kill ya later.

#7 summens

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

:bhi: welcome to the wonder full world (moon :D) of moongamers ol'lonley.
enjoy your stay here.

#8 Ol'Lonley

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:50 PM

Thanks everyone. I received a note back from EA and they said the cd keys were printed in the wrong order on the manual. Will try correcting that and see if it helps.
Cheers,
Frank.

#9 Section8

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

Welcome! Welcome! Glad you decided to stop by MoonGamers. Good luck with the CD Key issue and hope to "see" you in game. :applaud:

#10 Das Gold Standard

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

Welcome to MoonGamers Frank!

#11 Jack

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

Yup. This is what the lonely Maytag repair man does on company time :)

#12 DAN_DALY

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

Welcome aboard Frank, your most welcome here at MoonGamers M8!! :D

and remember.....

Game On!!! :applaud:

#13 Doc_UK

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

Hello Frank,

Hope to see ya on the beach sometime!

:cowmoo:

#14 No_Nickname

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

Welcome to Moongamers, I had the same problem after deleting PB out of the BF1942 folder on my C drive. It seems like you've already reinstalled it which is what I did, but didn't look like it worked for you. Hope you figure out the problem soon :)

#15 Ol'Lonley

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

Well I finally got it all sorted. Called EA and got new verified CD keys. The ones I was using were hacked and the new ones have been validated and all is working great!
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Now I just have to figure out how to stay alive longer than 30 seconds! :D
Cya in game,
Frank (Ol'Lonley)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com