Photo

Can't even enable PB. [YES I've updated it.]

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 mistamontiel

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

The Internet server browser started locking up my BF1942/mods. I freaked out so I did the reinstall and PB updating all over again. Now I can't even get to the checkbox to enable PB. Why EA, why EvenBalance, do you guys make it so hard on us ? BF1942 should be FOREVER like sissy Valve crap HL1/CS already is. Sigh..

No good console commands..I would enable PB in a heartbeat.

Edited by mistamontiel, 28 August 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#2 Monkey

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

The Internet server browser started locking up my BF1942/mods. I freaked out so I did the reinstall and PB updating all over again. Now I can't even get to the checkbox to enable PB. Why EA, why EvenBalance, do you guys make it so hard on us ? BF1942 should be FOREVER like sissy Valve crap HL1/CS already is. Sigh..

No good console commands..I would enable PB in a heartbeat.

Start the game as you used to and sit and wait for a while on the internet screen. It will take some time but eventually you will be able to move the mouse and will be able to tick the PB box. This sucks, I know but is the only work around for now to re-enable PB.

#3 Warrior124

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

Are you getting any error messages? We will need more information to better be able to help. Also, what operating system are you running, are you running an antivirus program, etc? We'll do our best to help if possible. We all know the frustrations caused by not being able to play a game we want to play. Hopefully we can remedy this for you. :)

#4 mistamontiel

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

10..20..30 minute wait ? Am I the only one who did a clean reinstall ? Definite backfire..urghhh.

Warrior, it's really nothing. I updated punkbuster with ease and got my friend to do the same. I reinstalled everything cuz of GameSpy. And so by default the PunkBuster Enable box is not ticked..

Edited by mistamontiel, 28 August 2010 - 10:25 AM.

#5 Monkey

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

10..20..30 minute wait ? Am I the only one who did a clean reinstall ? Definite backfire..urghhh.

Warrior, it's really nothing. I updated punkbuster with ease and got my friend to do the same. I reinstalled everything cuz of GameSpy. And so by default the PunkBuster Enable box is not ticked..

The wait varies from user to user. I only wait for 2 minutes on my netbook but 40 seconds on my gamer.

Your not alone with reinstalling many have made this error as well but most found their way here and we got them back in game.

#6 mistamontiel

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

Most def. My PC is REAL average. I'm on Win 7 64 bit. Urgggh. Just a NVIDIA 6150 and a single core AMD processor, 2.33GHz. Could take me some minutes, I'll get back to ya'll soon enough.

#7 Monkey

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:37 AM

Most def. My PC is REAL average. I'm on Win 7 64 bit. Urgggh. Just a NVIDIA 6150 and a single core AMD processor, 2.33GHz. Could take me some minutes, I'll get back to ya'll soon enough.

Please let me know. If this does not work I can send you the file that enables PB for you so you can get back in game. In fact I will just add the file here in case.

This file will need to go H:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings YOUR DIRECTORY MAY BE DIFFERENT BUT THIS IS A GUIDE FOR YOU

Unzip this file and place in the above directory and it will overwrite your disabled PB and turn it on.Attached File  PBClient.zip   146bytes   2 downloads

#8 Lin

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

Or if you're comfortable editing game files, just edit your PBClient.con file, and turn your PB on in there: game.clientPunkBuster 1

#9 mistamontiel

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

Monkey, I'm ALWAYS on top of what directory houses what.

I'm not a shortcut maniac altho I can be now..? lol I'll just type the mod name and fire it up.

MANY times I'm navigating thru the mod folder especially Interstate 82 to throw in a map, it's cool.

Thanks much all for the assistance..!! I shall handle this slight problem by today.

Edited by mistamontiel, 28 August 2010 - 11:21 AM.

#10 mistamontiel

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:06 PM

Lin !! I opened the .con in Wordpad and turns out ALL there is inside is:

game.clientPunkBuster 1

What the heck..tryna get in again

EDIT: Monkey !! The file was the exact same same. That lone one "command" and a enter..or space line..urgh

Edited by mistamontiel, 28 August 2010 - 02:09 PM.

#11 Lin

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

That is all there is supposed to be. "1" is on, "0" is off.

#12 mistamontiel

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

I'll take a Print Screen and upload it to my photobucket. It's not getting enabled.

EDIT: It was exactly like that to begin with.

Edited by mistamontiel, 28 August 2010 - 02:37 PM.

#13 Lin

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

That means your PB is on. ;)

Do you have a mic? This would be much easier in TeamSpeak!

#14 mistamontiel

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

Screw all that. I Skype.

What's the point..? Do you need pics ? It's just not enabling for some odd reason.

#15 blancrou

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

Hmm.. maybe if you uninstall it, and then clean your registry (regedit) and remove all the keys that are linked to Bf1942 (with the search option) and then reinstall. Just an idea like this :)

Good luck man :D

Blancrou

#16 Monkey

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

this makes the game ready to use PunkBuster. Are you getting kicked from any servers? Or have you not been able to get in due to the GameSpy issue?

#17 mistamontiel

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:58 AM

Blancrou, regedit just kix my ass. Absolutely. Urgh..

Monkey, I sure hope GameSpy settles this. That file already had that command line with "1", since the start, yet its always been disabled..

Posted Image

Edited by mistamontiel, 29 August 2010 - 03:00 AM.

#18 Lin

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:44 AM

The last time I remember something like this happening, I was a noob...but I did this and it worked.

Log into your game and yes, go to the Internet screen. Unplug your ethernet or disconnect your wireless, then plug it back in again. You should then have access to your mouse and can turn on your PB on the appropriate screen.

Please let me know if this works for you.

#19 mistamontiel

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

Thanks much for the advice. I decided to go thru the IP change and voila it never locked up.

Yet..I took so much time jotting down the maps from pack 1 and 2 I've got from here, worrying about space left.

And so now I keep getting the "MAP N0T F0UND" dialog box.

Is there a simple alternative to track the server..?

I was always in the main server ? I never seen MoonGamers play a custom map..I just had the pack1 and pack2 all xtracted in but I still can't join..?

Edited by mistamontiel, 29 August 2010 - 04:16 PM.

#20 Lin

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

The server crashed a few minutes ago. If the server is changing maps or crashing, you will get that message. We're playing Road to Rome right now, come on in if you can!

edit: We have a new Servers page, look for Servers in the menu at the top of the forum. You will be able to see who and how many are playing, and the map we're currently on. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com