Photo

This Day will live in Infamy!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Irish Whiskey

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

I don't play this game just for fun, but as a tribute to all the men and women that fought in WWII. It's one of the reasons I myself served in the Navy. Today is the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. The day that will live in infamy. They awoke a sleeping giant that day. A great satisfaction I always held was being able to live in Japan for 3 years while in the Navy as one of that nation's conqueror. Tora Tora Tora! Japan's FIRST mistake!

#2 Angerfist

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Some might say that the US forces helped to liberate Asia and also Japan itself from a fascist government.

Still your thing to feel satisfied to live in Japan "as one of that nation's conqueror"... questionable, but your thing. Personally, at least I hope that you treated the Japanese people with respect and not as a conquered people.
  • duff and Sgt. NoScope like this

#3 duff

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Some might say that the US forces helped to liberate Asia and also Japan itself from a fascist government.

Still your thing to feel satisfied to live in Japan "as one of that nation's conqueror"... questionable, but your thing. Personally, at least I hope that you treated the Japanese people with respect and not as a conquered people.

amen :pinkele:

#4 There is no Spoon

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Irish,

Hey I think it is wonderful to always honor our vets yet I don't think I have ever heard one of my WW2 "combat" vet grandfathers refer to themselves as a "conqueror" of Japan. I wonder how the Japanese US soldiers would view that comment? You clearly have perturbed the Germans. It might be accurate in dictionary terms but the statement might be a bit in poor taste. Anyhow Im off to go eat some sushi.

Sayonara

Spoon
  • Angerfist and duff like this

#5 Irish Whiskey

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'm quite sure they're proud of conquering Japan!

#6 Red Dragon/Mushu

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

While I am glad to hear that you honour Vets I feel you comment about being a "Conqueror" is completely in Bad taste. Plus the actions of the yank government/ top brass directly after the war we done in such as way as the be seen as Liberators from a fascist and oppressive regime than to be seen as conquerors.
WW2 is a tragedy that should never have occurred and resulted in the needless deaths of MILLIONS of men, women and children, from all over the world. But this is neither the time nor place for that discussion.
  • duff likes this

#7 Lin

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

:lock:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com