Photo

New Rule: No Attacking Enemy Uncaps with Armor/Air

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Wasabi®

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:43 PM

Dear players,

It is finally time. Starting on Friday, June 12, 2020 at 12AM EST, we will no longer allow attacking uncapturable bases with armor / airplanes.

We realize that this is a big change and have been advertising the change for many weeks, if not months - the time is finally here.

Please note, INFANTRY WILL STILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTACK UNCAPTURABLE BASES.

For a very long time, we were the last holdout among all global BF42 servers in allowing attacks on uncapturable bases (main attack / base attack / base rape / basecamping or whatever else you call it) as a general policy.

Management has decided that in the interest of server population and keeping the fun in the game, we have no choice but to move in the direction of becoming a "no attacking/camping main bases (uncaps)" server.

The rule will be enforced in two ways:

• Automatically by the server auto-admin (MoonBot aka "Skynet" to some)
    You may have already seen warnings in gray text when attacking an enemy uncapturable base using equipment.

You will get an automated (gray text) warning for the first offense, followed by an automatic kill for a second offense and further. The warnings do not reset until the map changes!

• By the admins as has previously been done, if and when necessary.

Please note that the automated warnings / kills are very new and it's more than possible that you will come across a scenario when you get warned / killed when you probably should not have. If this happens, please try to be understanding as this is currently in its early stages. And please notify an admin or post in the forum as soon as possible so we may try to address further issues.

Bring your feedback to Discord (tiny.cc/moon-discord) and the Forums to help us improve the anti-basecamp feature for the benefit of all players.

The full detail of the rule is below.

Thank you for playing on MoonGamers and we look forward to seeing you in game. :)

=============================================================================================================

New Rule: NO ATTACKING ENEMY UNCAPTURABLE BASE Using ARMOR / AIR

Scope:

• This rule ONLY applies to Conquest (CQ) maps. CTF is excluded.
  • You may not kill enemies in their uncapturable base ("main base") using any form of armor or aircraft (tanks, planes, APC, artillery).

Exceptions:

• Infantry is completely excluded including sniping / mining / exppacking.
    • You may steal a vehicle, however, you must leave the uncap afterward.
  • Planes may kill active artillery / AA / airborne enemy plane (during dogfight) in the enemy uncap.
  • Tanks/artillery outside the enemy uncap may kill active tanks/artillery in the enemy uncap if being fired upon.
  • ​Running over players in any vehicle is allowed.
  • Destroying empty equipment is NOT allowed.

If it's not covered by an exception, it's probably NOT allowed.

• Angerfist, Lonewolf-McQuade, mistamontiel and 2 others like this

#2 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:04 PM

Roger that! 

#3 birney

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:11 AM

H U A (heard understood, accepted)

• You may snipe into and from inside the enemy uncapturable base.
  • You may mine enemy vehicles or use expacks inside of the enemy uncapturable base.

Goody! Not much change for me than lol

• Lonewolf-McQuade and CapnCackler like this

#4 Colonel Tavington

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:22 AM

Is driving a jeep into the uncap and running over enemy soldiers verboten?  I'm guessing it is.

Are you allowed to drive a jeep into the uncap and steal a plane or tank (and then leave)?

#5 Wasabi®

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:09 AM

Driving a jeep and running over enemies *should* be fine. I'll try to confirm when I have time. 

You are allowed to drive a jeep into the uncap and steal a plane/tank, that's totally fine

#6 Wasabi®

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

To re-iterate, the anti-uncap attack and the anti-taxi police is fully automated. If the server does not think you attacked uncap with equipment, it won't do anything to punish you.

So keep that in mind, experiment with it and let us know if you thought you were unjustly warned/killed. (e.g. you sniped someone in base and you got warned/killed...no it should not happen but you see my point)

Important is to say in chat immediately "hey Moon Skynet killed me but I didn't do anything wrong" so that we have a timestamped record of when it happened then I can go digging through the logs and debug. 

Thanks!

#7 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:10 AM

If you are unsure of the new rule. The best thing to do is NEVER enter the uncapped main.

Thus, leaving little/no doubt you are breaking the rule.

• Wasabi® and Captain John H. Miller like this

#8 Wasabi®

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:57 AM

If you are unsure of the new rule. The best thing to do is NEVER enter the uncapped main.

Exactly...that said, it's still fun sabotaging enemy equipment or trying to run people over with the jeep.

• HARRY TRIGGER and Luose like this

#9 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:27 PM

Can we sell some mugs with that quote?  :yourock:

• HARRY TRIGGER and Steve2112 like this

#10 Angerfist

Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:12 AM

Can we sell some mugs with that quote?  :yourock:

That almost sounds like a concept I heard about once when I was in school. I think they called it "common sense" (???). :confused-smiley-013:

• Lin and HARRY TRIGGER like this

#11 .....Master.....

Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:26 AM

Finally! Great job everyone that worked on this :) 

• Steve2112 likes this

#12 Kranjis McBasketball

Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:35 AM

New Rule: NO ATTACKING ENEMY UNCAPTURABLE BASE Using Equipment

Scope:

You may not attack or kill enemies in their uncapturable base ("main base") using any form of equipment (tanks, planes, APC, artillery...).incorrect
You may not enter the enemy uncap to camp / kill spawning enemies incorrect
Planes may attack/kill an enemy plane that is in the air above the enemy uncap. You may not destroy enemy planes on or close to the ground incorrect

Why not just write the rule as the admins are enforcing it. TANKS AND PLANES CANNOT SPECIFICALLY KILL ENEMIES IN OPPONENT'S MAIN. EVERYTHING ELSE IS ALLOWED.

You took the "no base attack" concept and then ripped it apart allowing most forms of base attack. Base raping with equipment is still allowed IF you don't actually kill a player. Base camping and base killing with equipment is still allowed if you use a jeep and just drive around running players over and if you can use a jeep to run players over why not a tank if you don't shoot? You can also base camp and kill with mines or expacks. How will you know when to blow the expacks unless you're camping watching which isn't allowed but is allowed? 

Moonbot doesn't see when you bomb the crap out of an uncap main IF you don't kill a player. Moonbot doesn't care if you run someone over in main but you can't shoot them so tank rundowns will go unpunished.

Why even have the rule at all? The point of that rule is to keep EVERYONE and EVERYTHING save snipers and return fire away from bases so newbs can at least get into the field. 

Too many interpretations and too many exceptions of the rules, the grey text rules are incorrect as they repeat what is posted in this thread. Then admins IN-game will tell you different rules.

Convoluted up the wazoo. The rule is so easy to enforce when you break it down to "everyone and everything except snipers and return fire stay away from mains". It's SO easy to control when it's that simple.

That should be the ONE rule in OP.

Everyone and Everything except snipers and return fire, stay away from uncap main bases.

#13 Wasabi®

Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for your feedback. I have simplified a bit and updated the gray text. 

The reason we stuck with "attacking the uncap" is that other servers use this phrasing and players are familiar with it. Notably aX, where only actual kills are auto-punished - empty equipment is fair game afaik. 

You can also base camp and kill with mines or expacks. How will you know when to blow the expacks unless you're camping watching which isn't allowed but is allowed? 

Infantry is totally excluded. So camping with exppacks / mines is fine, for now.

#14 Lin

Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:33 PM

Yes, our uncap policy is probably the loosest of all of the servers. But, we were also the last to allow uncap attacks, and we have a certain number of the population that are quite upset about losing that. So we decided to try to mitigate that by making our no uncap attack policy a bit different from most of the other servers. 

This is partially because we recognize we have skilled players who still play here. It does take some skill to attack uncaps as infantry, and while a lot of the players don't have those skills, the ones who do can benefit from them. The easy pickings for the point goblins have been removed (although some die hards are still using equipment to attack and being killed over and over by the MoonBot). Now the only thing they can do is destroy the enemy equipment in the main...but that doesn't contribute to their score at all and hopefully will soon reside with the dodo. 

Overall, I'm not sure the uncaps will ever be a complete "safe zone" from all attacks on MoonGamers, because we still would prefer our players to have to use some skills, to attack and defend their bases. We will continue to monitor the results of the new policy though, and there is always the possibility that changes will be made at some point. 

This has only been in effect for less than a week. Please give us time to monitor, tweak, and perfect not only the MoonBot, but also our messages regarding the No Attacking Uncap rule. Keep bringing your opinions and feedback, and we will keep listening.

Thank you!

#15 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:47 PM

I hope all this work, my last experience yesterday at Bocage was tank and planes atacking uncap. Some player using engee soldier used ex pack and when about to get kill jump into a new tank and used to attack uncap for a while and then, left it.

So fingers crossed so thi rule is fully understand by all players.

Cheers

Troop

#16 mistamontiel

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:14 PM

Is there automated anti-taxi now not ideal cuz example when enemy leaves vehicles wide open entering kill you anywho

Good on no-baserape, never by me I only like jeep through base when flags are mine n tick them goons off lool

#17 Wasabi®

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:25 PM

There is, hoping to make it smarter (ie. using enemy vehicles to taxi should not be punished).

• CapnCackler likes this

#18 Wasabi®

Posted 17 June 2020 - 09:02 PM

A couple of enhancements today

• You will now get 'achievement' shoutouts, when you reach certain # of kills with infantry weapons (knife, zook, sniper, assault, medic, engie rifle). 
  • You should no longer be killed if you "taxi" with an enemy vehicle (e.g. an enemy left it on your airfield blocking the planes, and you moved it out of the way)
  • Disabled the sniper distance shoutout for now. One of our regulars pointed out it could give away their position

#19 D Day

Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:43 AM

Is there a zook distance shout-out? Asking for a friend............

#20 Wasabi®

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:57 AM

Is there a zook distance shout-out? Asking for a friend............

There is!

Also for knifing, zooking a plane. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com