Photo

No Camping Rule Under 10 Player Test

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Angerfist

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

"Infy I feel is different.  There may be good infy players, but they can be beat.  A tank spawn camping on a pad is just brutal."

Having five clowns nading their feet in main is equally shitty.

• Grinch likes this

#22 mexican eskimo

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

"Infy I feel is different.  There may be good infy players, but they can be beat.  A tank spawn camping on a pad is just brutal."

Having five clowns nading their feet in main is equally shitty.

xpackers are worse.

• Zap Rowsdower and Captain John H. Miller like this

#23 Angerfist

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

True.

#24 Grassy

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:42 AM

Keep the input coming!

#25 Spare Parts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:09 PM

I belive there should be a distinction between basecamping and spawncamping.  I know what my opinion is, i was wondering if Moongamers had a definition. 

#26 King of the Squirrels

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:31 AM

LOL, Spiting hairs here. Just something to think about everyone.

Base camping is spawn killing in the base. Spawn killing outside of the main base is just spawn killing?   What is boils down to. It does not matter if you killed by spawn camping infantry tank, plane or ship. Your just killed. Pilots camp flags and spawn points, Tankers camp flags and spawn points, Infantry camps flags and spawn points.  Spawn points exist in the main bases and out of the main bases. Taking or defending a flag you get spawn killing period. Just spawning in will get you killed at times.

Every player gets mad at times because they get camped. For example, Punky known Camper (LOL) was getting camped by planes so he could not get a tank and camps planes. LOL Round and round we go. Same thing applies to different equipment too. Get it.??  Pilots complain when the get camped and cannot takeoff to go camp other planes and tanks.

The No base camping is still under view. Everyone want a rule to be applied to to every map in same way.  Problems not considered. For example wake island.  Allies have no main base just five spawn points and axis only have ships. Axis has no mains at all to camp on wake. Do we call ship mains and not allow allies to attack axis ship? What about CFT, Conquest or Tdm maps? What about our special modded maps, Meat grinders , Para Omaha and others?

Lots of things to consider. Good and bad. There may not be one magic fix rule. 

• Spare Parts likes this

#27 Grassy

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

I believe the no camping applies to uncaps only :)

#28 Spare Parts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:45 AM

my point exactly.  we are splitting hairs but base camping is different than spawncamping, maybe not by much but someone can hang out in an uncapturable base and cause havoc without getting in a tank and sitting on top of a spawn point,  Mining tanks, stealing equipment are a couple examples of legitamate gameplay, in my opinion.  Too bad there wasnt someway to give a player maybe a limited time in an uncpturable base,  once they go in they have 60 seconds to do what they are going to do then they have to get out before being kicked.  I don't expect an Admin to do this, the only way it would work would be if it was automatic like the language filter.

#29 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

my point exactly.  we are splitting hairs but base camping is different than spawncamping, maybe not by much but someone can hang out in an uncapturable base and cause havoc without getting in a tank and sitting on top of a spawn point,  Mining tanks, stealing equipment are a couple examples of legitamate gameplay, in my opinion.  Too bad there wasnt someway to give a player maybe a limited time in an uncpturable base,  once they go in they have 60 seconds to do what they are going to do then they have to get out before being kicked.  I don't expect an Admin to do this, the only way it would work would be if it was automatic like the language filter.

We are not kick happy regarding the trial rule. We made it easy for the players and admins to abide/enforce. 60 seconds or any time frame is just too hard to enforce, do we allow 61 seconds, is 59 second kick unrighteous.We try to make the grey area as tiny as possible. So we kept it easy, but for now it is still a trial rule. If it doesn't work out the practise is stopped. 

#30 King of the Squirrels

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

Just FYI, We never said Uncaps. We have Aberdeen map with one with a main uncap and one with out. See the point?

#31 Dr. Detroit

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

Sgt Punky is screwed.     hahahaha    Actually I enjoy his base camping - makes it easier to find and kill him.

Outside of that I really don't care what or  if any rule is implemented.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com