Photo

Twilights admin abuse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 sgt714

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

I made this post in the shoutbox which i apologize for, still a little new to the moongamers forum. I have been playing on this server for many years and am very happy and grateful that the people who host this server keep it running for all us old guys that love this game.

I have never had an issue with an admin think they are all fair and there judgement of the game and the rules are always spot on........... with the exception of one...........

While playing wake island the other day the airstrip had just spawned 2 planes one being the zero and the other the archival torpedo bomber, there were 2 people including myself moving toward the aircraft, we were very close to them when TWILIGHT flies over them bails out of a perfectly good aircraft (no smoke) to the zero.... I called him out on taxing to the plane it and he informs me that its not taxing its called strategy. Now I realize it wasn't a taxi in the sense of the rules but it definitely not becoming of an admin... I continued to tell Twilight that he was wrong in his judgement and that being an admin you cant take advantage of this authority, he was very rude and disrespectful told me to calm down, breathe, and basically told me to drop it or I would be kicked. I continued to press him on the taxi to the plane when GRASSY stepped in and told me to take it to forum.

I like GRASSY as an admin he definitely gets it.

Needless to say I was kicked from server by twilight.

All I'm saying as an admin you cannot bend the rules to your benefit. You have to be fair and balanced. I know what he did is not a taxi by definition but there has to be some kind of presence of mind in the admin not to bail from plane to plane when people are so close to getting in themselves. On top of that he gets butt hurt when he is called out for it and kicks an active donor to moongamers. Admins are in the game to help keep the flow, to make sure that no one is cheating or abusing the rules. He shouldn't be bending rules and then acting like a dick when he gets caught.

Once again I love playing on moongamers and this is the first time I have ever had an issue with anyone on this server admin or regular player. I will continue to donate to moongamers and will not let this admin effect that. I appriciate moongamers for keeping this server alive and if there is anything I can ever do to help then just let me know.....

Don't let twilight become

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

Hey Sgt714,

First, thank you for your donation. We appreciate it very much as it keeps the community going.

To the matter at hand.

I read the logs from when it happened, I'll give a quick recap (server time):

-Twilight gets in one out of two planes

19:24:42   -Sgt714 makes a remark about taxiing

-A minor conversation between Twilight and Sgt714 

19:25:36   -Sgt714 gets kicked by the language filter for bad language Kick

-Twilight explains to him that it wasn't taxiing

-Sgt714 makes a remark

-Twilight asks Sgt714 to calm down Request

19:26:49   -Twilight gives out a !relax Warning

19:27:53   -Sgt714 gives a remark about not liking it when admins break rules

-Twilight says he didn't break the rules and reminds Sgt714 about the request earlier Reminder

-Sgt714 says 'go ahead and kick me'

19:28:20   -Twilight gives out a !last warning and again asks him to drop it and play Warning and Request

-Sgt714 again says 'kick me'

-Grassy says to take a breath and to take it to the forum Request

-Sgt714 tells Grassy he thinks Twilight is a bad admin

19:29:05   -Conversation about how/where to make a post

19:31:03   -Sgt714 makes an offensive remark to Twilight

-Twilight kicks Sgt714 

I continued to tell Twilight that he was wrong in his judgement and that being an admin you cant take advantage of this authority, he was very rude and disrespectful told me to calm down, breathe, and basically told me to drop it or I would be kicked. I continued to press him on the taxi to the plane when GRASSY stepped in and told me to take it to forum.

He asked you many times to stop the discussion, he gave you multiple chances to stop. You didn't stop and continued, so he kicked you. You got lucky you got so many requests/warnings before the kick, as some might have kicked you earlier.

On top of that he gets butt hurt when he is called out for it and kicks an active donor to moongamers.

I talked to him and didn't get butthurt. You have to understand it is annoying when you ask someone multiple times to stop and they do not. You might know as a donator you still have to follow the rules, a donator can still get kicked and banned. 

P.S. Attacking admins like that isn't received well here, just so you know.

#3 Steve2112

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

I found SGT to be an excellent player last night. He killed me like 3 times straight in 10 secs! I "lol'd".

(on 2nd thought- just about EVRYONE does that! Still seems like a good player to me)

2ndly- sgt makes a great point. Is it "taxing"? I guess a plane IS a vehicle. 

3rdly, the hardest lesson of all for some people   :wasnt-me: ; doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, if admin says "shaddup" ya shaddup!  :shutup:

No one said it was fair to you....Once you accept that  it becomes easy to do.

Just get back in the game and  :pwned:  him!

#4 sgt714

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

What offensive remark did i make to twilight? I never said anything offensive except that I thought he was a bad admin and that he should be no exception to the rules... As an admin he needs to be a good example to all the other players.....He was very rude to me so he only got a shitty attitude from me because thats what i got from him.... Anyway I am willing to move on just wanted to make a note of his admin skills.....

Admin or not I am going to call out a bad judgement choice... no one should be immune to the rules this isn't the Obama administration....

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

What offensive remark did i make to twilight? I never said anything offensive except that I thought he was a bad admin and that he should be no exception to the rules... As an admin he needs to be a good example to all the other players.....He was very rude to me so he only got a shitty attitude from me because thats what i got from him.... Anyway I am willing to move on just wanted to make a note of his admin skills.....

Admin or not I am going to call out a bad judgement choice... no one should be immune to the rules this isn't the Obama administration....

Maybe offensive isn't the word, excuse my ESL.

6/8/2016 19:25:36 : # [Global] {DBH} SGT*714*: f ing cheater  (The language filter kick)

6/8/2016 19:31:03 : # [Global] {DBH} SGT*714*: don't tell me what to do twilight 

Rude is an overstatement, I cannot call some of your statements calm either. Admins follow the rules aswell.

The other thing I don't get, if there is a 2 seater left both of you guys could go in it. Okay if you were displeased with what happened, you said something about it no problem. But you kept bringing it up. You were warned multiple times, more than necessary and you got a kick cause you didn't listen. You didn't get banned, just a kick.

Edited by Captain John H. Miller, 10 June 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#6 Steve2112

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:51 PM

Aside from settling the "honor admin requests"....we still have the question is "jumping from one good airplane into another" considered "taxi"?

I realize it doesn't happen often- I know I've never seen it...just curious!

#7 Colonel Tavington

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

I personally have never seen Twilight abuse another admin...

#8 Spare Parts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

Only my opinion

Car to Plane = Taxi

Car to Tank = Taxi

Car to Car = Exchange

Tank to Plane = Taxi

Tank to Car = Stupid

Tank to Tank = Exchange

Plane to Plane = Exchange

Plane to Tank = Skill

Plane to Car= Funny

This is merely me trying to be funny and in no way is this endorsed by Moongamers.

• Rubulator, Steve2112 and Eliminator like this

#9 King of the Squirrels

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

The No Taxi rule was made for two reasons.

Player drive to a plane leaving said equipment block your own planes from taking off.  Bocage, Market Garden and Wake island for example are/were the biggest problem. Second was left equipment on plane spawn may either prevent a plane from spawning or have plane being destroyed spawning on said left equipment.

For the record I cannot find anywhere where twilight abused you period. Was bailing bail from one plane into another plane abuse against you, No.  Beating someone to equipment happens all the time. 

#10 birney

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:25 AM

Sgt714

Thank you for playing on our server, your donation and indeed this post. We are more than willing to hear our players input  on things such as the rotaion/maps, nade spamming, base camping  and yes even 'admin abuse' in this here forum. It is how we learn what is working or mistakes we may be making or not as the case may be.

While we are willing to listen, there comes a point when people start to beat a dead horse and I think we are past that point on this issue. Our admins dont admin for us they admin for you and every other player in the server and to try to keep our server fun and friendly for all and the gameplay flowing. While our admins are trained and willing to deal with issues quite a fe times you where asked to relax or bring it to the forums and each time you carried it on. Our admins are also players so I ask at which point must they have to give up their gameplay to say the same thing three or four times over? Between your shoutbox and this post alongide the pm(or 2) you have undoubtadly recieved from twi or our Snr/core. you are not only beating a dead horse but are skinning and cooking it as well!

We truely hope you continue to play here and donate as you deem fit. At the end of the day this is nothing more than a slight bump in the road!

This thread has serverd its purpose, unless your a dolphin in which case it has served its Porpoise.

Only my opinion

Car to Plane = Taxi

Car to Tank = Taxi

Car to Car = Exchange

Tank to Plane = Taxi

Tank to Car = Stupid

Tank to Tank = Exchange

Plane to Plane = Exchange

Plane to Tank = Skill

Plane to Car= Funny

This is merely me trying to be funny and in no way is this endorsed by Moongamers.

Brilliant!

• Rubulator and Eliminator like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com