Photo

Hackers - planes

Cheats Hackers

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 alittlegirl

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:20 PM

Thank you all for the replies and insight, very helpful. I watched Alacard's plane video and wow must be better at multi tasking than I am. When I'm in a plane I am just trying to shoot stuff and keep from crashing LOL. Or avoid mid air collision with my own team. Which I don't always do. Yes Tavington you make me laugh also. Zap, moving target same. Thanks for the math insight Capt Miller (from grill - grills gone wild!!!). Understood. Hornet, Grassy, Angerfist. Twilight is pretty darn good for sure, I like it when he is on my team - flying. Also Trooper. Thank you Lin in addition for all you do. Thank you Trooper for your very kind words. I'm not the best player by any stretch but certainly enthusiastic. I'm simply here to have fun and sometimes I trash talk some but I like a motivated enemy. One that really wants to kill me. One that will kamikaze. One that after they kill me they say DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - with gusto. LOL. No dishpan hands. It's too bad there are no tournaments anymore, guess that was back in the day before I found MG. Anyway - Rock ON! Love you all and this lengthy post in the forum confirms that MG has a great (and ongoing) community. And thanks to all that posted not mentioned explicitly, also all admins as they deserve credit for keeping this legendary game alive and kicking. Hope we have many more years of fun.

Sincerely ALG.
  • Lin, Zap Rowsdower, D Day and 1 other like this

#42 Grassy

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

do any of the old schoolers remmeber Lee Deaton and Baseline from =WAR=  Or Busta from 20ID? this was circa 2002-2003.  I remember PocketPool very well...also Joker and Jagzed who flew CTF Leagues and Ladders.. these pilots set the mark for using kinetic energy in the game and alt view which was passed down through the years

My first time seeing Baseline do a Dive and hit a tank and then disappear into the clouds with incredible speed I actually went to the uT  Website "Utouchable" clan and made a huge post about him cheating..lol.

He actually came to our coms and asked me to get in a server, I said "Ok now your gonna kick my ass right?"  he said no get in the back of this ACHI VA and I'm going to show you what I do and how i do it...need less to say I posted a huge apology the next day and received a huge slice of humble pie and made some good friends in the process.

I am not saying all pilots today are on the up and up, however I would say most are and we do investigate all accusations whomever it is.

Now I am by far NOT  the best dog fighter in the game, however, I can hold my own with 90% of the pilots out there.   I would offer at anytime to show anyone how I was taught and perhaps shed some light on bombing and some basic moves.

all you have to do is ask.

Regards,

• Steve2112 and Spare Parts like this

#43 gregefc

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

I remember all of those names. Didn't busta fly for WD as well? So many names bring back so many memories. The competition was incredible from around 2002-2006. 20id was an awesome team to watch. They are in any game they play. terminal from 20id and Tony from 56th were hands down the best all around players I ever played the game with and they both stuck with it til about 2012. Match, pub, tank, infy, plane... They could do it all. And not just vanilla, either. DC and BF2 as well.

When everyone started figuring out double jumping and other manipulations when it comes to infy, I remember speedybot, biggytim, and Damon. And these are just NA names. The European scene was even more competitive IMHO.

Tankers from Grinder, Malaki, Tdog, thomas, lithoss... Good times!!!

Some more pilots - Ferrari, Brand, Gatz, inequality.

I wish those who have only been playing for a year or so could have seen these teams and people in action.
  • Grassy and Grinch like this

#44 Spare Parts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:19 AM

Thank you all for the replies and insight, very helpful. I watched Alacard's plane video and wow must be better at multi tasking than I am. When I'm in a plane I am just trying to shoot stuff and keep from crashing LOL. Or avoid mid air collision with my own team. Which I don't always do. Yes Tavington you make me laugh also. Zap, moving target same. Thanks for the math insight Capt Miller (from grill - grills gone wild!!!). Understood. Hornet, Grassy, Angerfist. Twilight is pretty darn good for sure, I like it when he is on my team - flying. Also Trooper. Thank you Lin in addition for all you do. Thank you Trooper for your very kind words. I'm not the best player by any stretch but certainly enthusiastic. I'm simply here to have fun and sometimes I trash talk some but I like a motivated enemy. One that really wants to kill me. One that will kamikaze. One that after they kill me they say DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - with gusto. LOL. No dishpan hands. It's too bad there are no tournaments anymore, guess that was back in the day before I found MG. Anyway - Rock ON! Love you all and this lengthy post in the forum confirms that MG has a great (and ongoing) community. And thanks to all that posted not mentioned explicitly, also all admins as they deserve credit for keeping this legendary game alive and kicking. Hope we have many more years of fun.

Sincerely ALG.

A very classy post, nicely done. See you on the battlefield.

#45 gregefc

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:46 AM

Some video perspective...

Hands down best 1v1 dogfighter I've ever played/seen... Watch how he maintains airspeed and utilized views. https://youtu.be/p_rvQiqb74I

One of the better tankers to play the game... Notice where he aims and how he 'duckwalks' or 'jiggles' his tank left to right to lessen the chances of a front tread shot hit. https://youtu.be/D3A5xx9Xtko

Some of the more solid NA infy to play the game... https://youtu.be/426gOmUK7Ec

God help all the whiners if these people still played.
  • Grassy likes this

#46 Harriet Tubman

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:24 AM

#47 sephiroth

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:19 AM

I hax lol

#48 sephiroth

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:38 AM

You might want to check this vid, to see what pilots do and see.

Id also like to point out that this video is not even of an elite pilot. Alacard was a solid pub pilot because he knew how to maintain altitude and air speed, but he was a mediocre match pilot. I would hate to see the complaints if someone like a Lurch, terminal, Snaketits, Speirs, Raptor (who was actually a DC pilot) or Tony Montana (who wasn't even a pilot, perse), who had extensive match experience as a pilot and was elite were to hop in the game. (or other people's names who elude me from circa 2005)

OMG snaketits and Tony!!

#49 Slash

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:13 AM

This topic seems to have gone from complaining about hackers to giving tips which is cool. While on that theme... one of the tips I got that was a game changer for me as far as infantry combat was making use of your mouse wheel for your pistol. If you have a mouse wheel, change your default control key for changing to your pistol from "3" to the "mouse wheel click". This is critical if you go into battles on foot. If you are in a gun fight and run out of ammo on your primary gun, all you have to do is click that mouse wheel instead of fumbling around trying to hit that "3" key or worse, trying to reload. This is also a faster option than scrolling through on your wheel trying to find the pistol. 

On top of this, learn how to use the pistol to your benefit. Not only is it good in those situations where you run out of ammo on primary, but it can also be used effectively in combination with other primary guns. If you are anti-tank class, a lot of players will wound you with a zook shot, then switch to pistol quickly (I'm assuming via mouse wheel click) and finish you off with their pistol. Same with sniper and eng class. One shot with the rifle, then a quick shot with the pistol and you're cooked. This is what makes some snipers as dangerous up close as they are from far away.

In short, learn to use your sidearm effectively!!!!

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

#50 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:29 AM

This topic seems to have gone from complaining about hackers to giving tips which is cool. While on that theme... one of the tips I got that was a game changer for me as far as infantry combat was making use of your mouse wheel for your pistol. If you have a mouse wheel, change your default control key for changing to your pistol from "3" to the "mouse wheel click". This is critical if you go into battles on foot. If you are in a gun fight and run out of ammo on your primary gun, all you have to do is click that mouse wheel instead of fumbling around trying to hit that "3" key or worse, trying to reload. This is also a faster option than scrolling through on your wheel trying to find the pistol. 

On top of this, learn how to use the pistol to your benefit. Not only is it good in those situations where you run out of ammo on primary, but it can also be used effectively in combination with other primary guns. If you are anti-tank class, a lot of players will wound you with a zook shot, then switch to pistol quickly (I'm assuming via mouse wheel click) and finish you off with their pistol. Same with sniper and eng class. One shot with the rifle, then a quick shot with the pistol and you're cooked. This is what makes some snipers as dangerous up close as they are from far away.

In short, learn to use your sidearm effectively!!!!

I have my pistol set up on my left shift key, I set the knife on one of my thumb buttons on the mouse and the primary weapon on a thumb button as well. If one gets used to it, like me, it is a fast way to switch weapons in a time of need :P

#51 Steve2112

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:11 PM

I have some questions about this "hitbox". I think this could be part of my frustration. For example, I often assume me as infy and enemy as infy are "shootin each other in the face" Er, pardon the expression. :)

He (or she) may kill me in what I hear as 2-3 shots. I'm dead. Meanwhile I may have emptied most of the clip with nary a damage. 

Can we review the relationship between what I see on my screen and  this "hitbox"...which I only just recently learned about, even with several "hints tips and tricks" websites printed and scribbled out. It occurs to me I may very well being firing directly in what APPEARS to be his face, but isn't actually the "hitbox".

yea? nay? 

#52 gregefc

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:48 AM

I think you're digging into things a bit too deeply Steve and only complicating an issue that is really basic... Bascially making things harder for yourself. When it comes to aiming, you really only need to worry about slightly leading your target if they are moving side to side or just unloading on them if they are still.

If your target is moving, their hitbox is moving as well. So you need to adjust your aim accordingly.
  • Harriet Tubman likes this

#53 Grassy

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:22 AM

Head shots always win...

Our infantry used to pair up in two's and practiced strafing and headshots before a match for 6 kills and then change partners....very effective

#54 Colonel Tavington

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

And a series of short bursts, especially at a distance.

• Grassy likes this

#55 Renlist

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:06 PM

I might try using the mouse wheel for pistol as suggested.   As it is now, I keep accidentally hitting the tilde key that's next to the 1 key.  Anyone know where in the config files I can change the default tilde key (brings up the console) to some other key?

#56 Harriet Tubman

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

What greg said. If you look up some infantry videos on youtube you should be able to see how players lead. There aren't that many players that strafe nowadays so the lead should be fairly easy since most people will be moving one direction, once you get that down then just aim high and go for the headshots. Also if you face a wall and unload your gun at it you will see where your bullets hit. If you just spray you will see the bullet spread and you can see what you can do to control it to a point to counteract the spread. Out of curiosity steve, what do you get on this test (do it the full 5 times)? You can pm me if you don't want to post your result here. http://www.humanbenc...ts/reactiontime

#57 Hornet

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:40 PM

To add to what these other fine gentleman are saying, when roaming the map as infantry, always try to use the map to your advantage.  You have a much smaller hit box for the enemy player to hit when you're behind a sandbag, for example.  Grenades don't harm you through walls or sandbags, so if you stay aware, you can "dodge" incoming grenades by jumping behind a wall, a hill, or sandbags.  On Berlin, for example, most experienced infantry tend to congregate to that destroyed building across from where the APC spawns.  There are many escape routes and places to take cover from enemy infantry and grenades alike.  They're using the map to their advantage.  

Another strategy is to do everything you can to avoid getting killed until the enemy infantry has to reload.  I've seen many skilled infantry that have mastered this approach, and usually it involves a lot of dolphin diving, dodging behind obstacles (like trees), or even doing the double jump 'glitch' (the creamz0r special, I like to call it :)).  Buy time by being extremely mobile until the enemy has to reload.

#58 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

Here guys, this may help you see what we see in the air. Notice how he moves his view side to side in the cockpit at the beginning. Wow, clearly this dude has played a long time!

Haha made me laugh

#59 mexican eskimo

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

To add to what these other fine gentleman are saying, when roaming the map as infantry, always try to use the map to your advantage.  You have a much smaller hit box for the enemy player to hit when you're behind a sandbag, for example.  Grenades don't harm you through walls or sandbags, so if you stay aware, you can "dodge" incoming grenades by jumping behind a wall, a hill, or sandbags.  On Berlin, for example, most experienced infantry tend to congregate to that destroyed building across from where the APC spawns.  There are many escape routes and places to take cover from enemy infantry and grenades alike.  They're using the map to their advantage.  

Another strategy is to do everything you can to avoid getting killed until the enemy infantry has to reload.  I've seen many skilled infantry that have mastered this approach, and usually it involves a lot of dolphin diving, dodging behind obstacles (like trees), or even doing the double jump 'glitch' (the creamz0r special, I like to call it :)).  Buy time by being extremely mobile until the enemy has to reload.

I'm usually too lazy to do that.  Most players on the public server you can kill without having to do all that diving, and without keeping tight while 1 on 1.  You just gotta stay ahead of their fire.

#60 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:04 AM

What greg said. If you look up some infantry videos on youtube you should be able to see how players lead. There aren't that many players that strafe nowadays so the lead should be fairly easy since most people will be moving one direction, once you get that down then just aim high and go for the headshots. Also if you face a wall and unload your gun at it you will see where your bullets hit. If you just spray you will see the bullet spread and you can see what you can do to control it to a point to counteract the spread. Out of curiosity steve, what do you get on this test (do it the full 5 times)? You can pm me if you don't want to post your result here. http://www.humanbenc...ts/reactiontime

Fun test to do, mostly I was between 210-230ms. I got lucky once and got 59ms. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com