Photo

Problems with sounds while playing bf

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SusieQ

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:22 PM

Ever since I installed bf again , I have been having probs with the sound, its all skippy and I cant hear voices like the commands, just really annoying screachy, dinging, or exploding noises, even if nothing is happening and no ones around me :o. I have gotten new parts in my comp and I think I need to update drivers but I dont know what ones! My brother wont help me, because hes bust with this lineage game:S and I'm extremely bad with troubleshooting computers, so I'll give my computer info and hopefully someone can help me :) but until then, i'll be playing with no sound lol , thanks
~SusieQ

Attached Files

• Attached File  info.JPG   55.01KB   27 downloads

#2 KatManDu

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:48 PM

I am no nvidia audio wizard, but it looks like your sound drivers are very old. Here is a link to some newer ones. And I am sure the techo wizards will tell you to get a dedicated soundcard as they are much better than inboard sound, and that they are so cheap there is nothing to think of etc :)

#3 SusieQ

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:22 PM

Yea I already installed the thing you gave me before and it didn't work :S but thank you

#4 Stormy{CAN}

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:19 PM

Double check your in-game audio settings, and make sure it is set to software and not hardware.

And I am sure the techo wizards will tell you to get a dedicated soundcard as they are much better than inboard sound

You better believe it. The onboard sound on my motherboard is complete and utter crap for BF2, didn't last 10 minutes when I tested it before uninstalling the drivers and disabling it forever.

#5 SusieQ

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:53 PM

it's set to software. Can you have inboard and dedicated? I'll probably ask my brother to makes sure I have a dedicated one, he put my comp together. When I play music it sounds fine it's just when I play the game that the problem occurs :S

#6 SusieQ

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

well you said to makes sure it's software but when I ticked the hardware acceleration button, it started working YAY my sound finally works right :) well thanks for the input guys

#7 Stormy{CAN}

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:01 PM

Good to hear (no pun intended).

All things considering, despite the Nvidia SoundStorm being the only onboard audio solution that ever had hardware support. That and according to the BF2 ReadMe it shouldn't work when set to hardware.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com